Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1614

Thread: 2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

You are supposed to measure your team against the best teams in your division. They got embarrassed two games in a row, at home. The odd-man breaks, open nets, total lack of defense, two goals a game is alarming. They practically have all of their men back and they seem a lot worse. Maybe they need time to gel, but it will be on the golf course, if a fire is not lit under some arses really soon. Sully and the players keep saying the right things, but it's not generated on the ice. Listening to the 3rd period sounded like CAR were on the ice by themselves. The Pens radio team was embarrassed. How do you think the fans feel?

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    You are supposed to measure your team against the best teams in your division. They got embarrassed two games in a row, at home. The odd-man breaks, open nets, total lack of defense, two goals a game is alarming. They practically have all of their men back and they seem a lot worse. Maybe they need time to gel, but it will be on the golf course, if a fire is not lit under some arses really soon. Sully and the players keep saying the right things, but it's not generated on the ice. Listening to the 3rd period sounded like CAR were on the ice by themselves. The Pens radio team was embarrassed. How do you think the fans feel?
    Gosh I can't imagine paying good money to go see that! Losing is easy to take when you give 100% and fail. It's easy to take when you know your team doesn't have any talent. The Pens have plenty of that. If you just break it down to being professional in your job(it doesn't matter what job) it's really unacceptable to offer up a product like that to paying customers.

That's my 2

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Gosh I can't imagine paying good money to go see that! Losing is easy to take when you give 100% and fail. It's easy to take when you know your team doesn't have any talent. The Pens have plenty of that. If you just break it down to being professional in your job(it doesn't matter what job) it's really unacceptable to offer up a product like that to paying customers.

That's my 2
    My co-worker has season tickets with his family and they take turns going to games. He said he is done for the regular season after yesterday. He's gone to eight games and they have won one. I tried blaming him for their losses, but it's really not funny anymore.

Probably a woman to blame...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

We go to about 20-25 games a year. Just like the Steelers, not all games are great. The Pens have made the playoffs for 13 straight years. Even at the bad games, we still have fun. It's a night out and usually some good hockey. Hockey is a great sport live, TV misses so much away from the puck.

The Pens will make the Playoffs this year. I doubt they will go deep. So many issues that need addressed. Like any sport, get into the playoffs and anything can happen.

Losing 8-10 is inexcusable for a team with this core. The door is slamming shut. I've enjoyed the Crosby/Malkin era just like I enjoyed the Lemieux era. Hell, I lived through the 80's with the Pens and will continue to go.
    Last edited by Uncle Ben; 03-09-2020 at 12:24 PM.

My co-worker has season tickets with his family and they take turns going to games. He said he is done for the regular season after yesterday. He's gone to eight games and they have won one. I tried blaming him for their losses, but it's really not funny anymore.
    PM me his phone number. (If he has decent seats)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    PM me his phone number. (If he has decent seats)
    He is not going to anymore games, but his family still will go. I went to two games this year and they are tremendous seats. I'm 2-0, btw. . .

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote of the day

"Crosby struggled mightily against Carolina, is a career-worst minus-8 and is an unfathomable minus-17 in 19 road games this season." (Yohe).

I'll add in Justin Schultz. at -14. He hasn't been right in 2 seasons. Injuries suck but it is what he has become.

Pens pull off a solid college signing. Drew O'Connor another big forward. If he pans out, add him to Poulin and Legare. 3 big forwards in the pipeline.

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/03...-drew-oconnor/

Pens pull off a solid college signing. Drew O'Connor another big forward. If he pans out, add him to Poulin and Legare. 3 big forwards in the pipeline.

nice surprise! Big boy!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Listening to the 3rd period sounded like CAR were on the ice by themselves. The Pens radio team was embarrassed.
    That's one thing I really like about listening to Mike and Phil, especially Phil, they don't sugar coat things like they tend to do on the local TV broadcast
    Last edited by JMM; 03-09-2020 at 08:35 PM.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries

Hopefullly these are the guys of the future.

Poulin, Legare and now this guy would bring some much needed size.

So are the Pens going to make the playoffs? i got burned out on hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    They suck again, Spike. If they play up to their capabilities yes they'll make the playoffs. If they continue playing the way they are now, I don't think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Not at the rate they are going. They are in a free fall right now with no answers in sight. Personally, I don’t think they’ll make the playoffs, but if they do it is going to be an Islander-esque embarrassment.

Blog Entries
    Yeah they are a first round team at best.
    The things they tell the media they need to work on are the same mistakes they make

I give Geno a lot of shit for mistakes sometimes,but the guy keeps bringing it.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Good to get a win!

A win! Geno 2 goals and a helper.

The third period was a great show. This win belongs to Murray and Geno. A lot of other guys showed up, but those two made it happen.