Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Rust and Geno usually play pretty well together. Simon is one of the guys that Sid likes to play with.
    I can’t imagine why. Between Simon and ZAR, they are competing to be Pittsburgh’s most over-valued professional athlete since Nate McLouth.

They aren't done yet. They are in cap hell right now. They have 1.5M in space but they have ZAR, Bluegar, and Petterson as RFA. They also have several RFA next year including Murray, McCann, Galchenyuk, Schultz, Simon, and Kahun.

After looking at the contracts there are several guys eating up huge chunks of cap space. Johnson is 3.25M for 4 years. Schultz is making 5.5M this year. Horny is making 5.3M for 4 years. Letang is making 7.25M for 3 years.

They need more cap room. So that means they are probably going to be trading some more. They can't even sign their RFA now.

Ethan Prow signed with Florida on a 2 way 2 year deal. Pens are gonna regret letting him get away. Best player in WBS last season hands down, with 50 points and a much improved defensive game. Could have easily filled a 6-7 role. Oh well, no way he was gonna get a call up with stalwarts like JJ day on the roster.

4 more years for Sullivan. The Pens announced his extension this afternoon. If you read the press release. It really paints him a great coach. He pisses me but you can't argues with his extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
    4 more years for Sullivan. The Pens announced his extension this afternoon. If you read the press release. It really paints him a great coach. He pisses me but you can't argues with his extension.
    I don't have a problem with the extension. The problem has been in the front office with stupid trades and horrible contracts. If Sully gets the right people he can win.

The Following User Likes This Post:

I like Sully and very happy for him. Glad he is re-signed.

I was stuck in the office this morning. Got a chance to listen to the Spittin' Chiclets Podcast. This is a Rick Tocchet interview. The whole thing is pretty funny bit if you want some Penguin laughs. Scroll forward to the 1:0:0 he talks about Malkin and Kessel. Tocchet is a great interview.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...g-rick-tocchet

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Ethan Prow signed with Florida on a 2 way 2 year deal. Pens are gonna regret letting him get away. Best player in WBS last season hands down, with 50 points and a much improved defensive game. Could have easily filled a 6-7 role. Oh well, no way he was gonna get a call up with stalwarts like JJ day on the roster.
    Prow and his future will be interesting. The comments last year were that he was not judged to be a NHL talent. Based on his season last year I thought we would see him before Trotman. I guess we'll see just how good of the assessment of talent really is ? I have thought this to be a problem the last few years.

This won't comes as a surprise but Matt Cullen has retired. "Dad was a great locker room guy and a leader on the ice. He didn't score a lot but he did score when it mattered most . I was at the game when he received his awards for 1500 NHL games. It was great to fell the applause at PPG. I hope he stays with the organization in player development or begins a coaching career.

Bye Dad !

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    This won't comes as a surprise but Matt Cullen has retired. "Dad was a great locker room guy and a leader on the ice. He didn't score a lot but he did score when it mattered most . I was at the game when he received his awards for 1500 NHL games. It was great to fell the applause at PPG. I hope he stays with the organization in player development or begins a coaching career.

Bye Dad !
    Should’ve retired after the 2nd cup. Go out a champion.
    Lost a good mentor.

Bye Dad !
    If he wants a position with the club, I'm sure they would find a spot for him. He's respected and admired in the organization. Great locker room guy. He should have retired after the 2nd Cup, but can't blame him for giving it one or two more goes. It's hard to say goodbye and he shows that in his passion.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

If the rest of the big names on the team had his drive, thirst to win, and love of the game, we'd have had 3 maybe 4 cups in a row. :)

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

They just penned my boy Blu for two years!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Two years at $750K is a heck of a value.

Blog Entries
    Pens don’t do too many big Phil Kessel type deals in the summer.
    Solid in house signings

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post