Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,441 to 1,449 of 1449

Thread: 2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

  1. #1441
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Chemistry is off.
    It does seem they do take off with Sid back.
    Hopefully it’s just a slump.


    Idk why the Pens brought in Marlaue.
    Guy is up there in age
    If they play the way they did when Sid was out all is well.

  2. #1442
    Member
    thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,211
    Rep Power
    236
    somehow, we got smaller and older. . . wtf?

  3. #1443
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    he's 40, I don't know how physical he really is. From what I've heard, he still has some speed, can score, but is winding down. Take that for what it's worth. Dad 2.0.
    And he was a diehard Pens fan when he was younger. That means we will get his heart and soul. I'm sure he wants to win a cup before he retires. What better place to do it.


    Now if we could possibly get Jake back by playoff time we got a really solid scoring machine all the way through. I won't hold my breath on his return. He really fucked up that shoulder.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #1444
    Member
    thesteelcity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,211
    Rep Power
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    And he was a diehard Pens fan when he was younger. That means we will get his heart and soul. I'm sure he wants to win a cup before he retires. What better place to do it.


    Now if we could possibly get Jake back by playoff time we got a really solid scoring machine all the way through. I won't hold my breath on his return. He really fucked up that shoulder.
    I hope you're right. Like Zucker, I will wait to pass judgement until we see some games. I just wasn't expecting the PM trade. I thought I heard rumbliings about Sheary coming back, but thought he was good in BUF. Oh well, bring them in and see what happens! Welcome (back) to Pittsburgh, boys!

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #1445
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    I hope you're right. Like Zucker, I will wait to pass judgement until we see some games. I just wasn't expecting the PM trade. I thought I heard rumbliings about Sheary coming back, but thought he was good in BUF. Oh well, bring them in and see what happens! Welcome (back) to Pittsburgh, boys!
    Never underestimate the power of boyhood sports heros..haha. I've got a good hunch we will get whatever he has left. Now the guys just have to make it all work. A lot of experience in the locker room.


    Crossing my fingers...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  6. #1446
    I hope I'm wrong but how is getting older, smaller and slower a good thing? How does this help the defense? You can't outscore teams in the playoffs.

  7. #1447
    Getting Marleau for a conditional 3rd is a win in my book. Not the best defensively but the damn guy has 1100 NHL points. He won Gold medals with Crosby and has been a Captain or Alternate on both Toronto and the Sharks. Malkin named him as the most under rated player in the league in 2016. I thinking he is a fit. He can still skate well. The question is just how bad does he want a Cup ?

    Sheary is what he is. Inconsistent and streaky. I think one of the reason the Pens got him back is so we can actually beat Buffalo. He has been a pain in the ass against us. Right now his production is almost equal to Kahun's. Kahun has the higher ceiling and in 2 years I'll complain about this trade. To win now, Sheary is battle tested and has a 2 Cup resume.

    Rodrigues is the intangible. He is FAST, will hit and dig in tough areas. He kinda reminds me of Tanev. My concern is his hockey IQ. He seems to out of position often. His shot looks to be weak. I read that he asked to be traded out of Buffalo because of limited playing time. It will be interesting to see what his role will be.

    What I like is these moves send the kids back to WBS. Both Lafferty and Angello got a taste and know what they need to improve. Shame that Agozzino was claimed but at 29, his time passed.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  8. #1448
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but how is getting older, smaller and slower a good thing? How does this help the defense? You can't outscore teams in the playoffs.
    Rutherford just can't contain himself.

    There are some people who look at hockey analytics and they like the second trade. We'll see.

  9. #1449
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Rutherford just can't contain himself.

    There are some people who look at hockey analytics and they like the second trade. We'll see.
    He knows 1000X more about hockey and players than I do. I just hope he's right on this one.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation