Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Melvin Gordon Dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that, but we are going off the premise that AB was a great teammate at the time. I'm with you though on the fact that NO player is bigger than the team. The Steelers are notorious at keeping bad news away from the public eye and unless they just let us know what an asshat he really was, the fans would have had their pitchforks sharpened and their torches ready to burn down the joint. Just my opinion of course.
    I think moving forward I think those torches will stay stored if any player gets disciplined / acts up again.. I think the majority of the fan base has had enough with the drama. And just wants positive results mixed in with team unity.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I think moving forward I think those torches will stay stored if any player gets disciplined / acts up again.. I think the majority of the fan base has had enough with the drama. And just wants positive results mixed in with team unity.
    I'm in that camp for sure. The drama is way over the top and I have grown very tired of it as well.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I feel the complete opposite. The time to reign him in was years ago, and none of us knew how bad it really was until that cancer became stage 4. Hindsight is always 20/20. All of Steelers Nation would lost their minds had the coaches benched his ass two years ago.
    There are always divas on almost every team. Hell there maybe one still on the team and nobody knows it right? So that is almost a given. Tomlin knew years ago and decided not to do anything. My guess is he will allow it again because that's his style. So this isn't just about divas. It's about what the team gave up and the precedent it sets. Just my opinion but it's over with now.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Minor point I think I read it twice from you, they received multiple picks for AB. I am sure you probably meant it as that. Just clarifying.
    I know they got a 5th & 6th as well but the Raiders had 4 top 30 picks then had 3 4th round picks. And that's the best they got? I was talk specifically about the 3rd because it was the highest they got. As a Steeler fan this burns my ass. The pats**** can trade a water boy for a 3rd round pick. Rooney screwed the pooch on this one IMHO. Man up and tell AB to sit his ass down. If he has to tell Tomlin to man up then fine or he can tell another HC if Tomlin can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    The new CBA will address most of this but be prepared for a strike season.

Salute the nation
    Just In time for the XFL to take off

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    Just In time for the XFL to take off

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Perhaps a real threat to water down some of the NFl talent.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back