Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: WR Depth Chart: Exiting Training Camp

WR Depth Chart: Exiting Training Camp

By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com Exiting training camp and gearing up for their second preseason game, the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver depth chart appears to me to be: (Players in bold, are projected to make the roster)   LWR (X)* * *Donte Moncrief, Diontae Johnson* * * * * * * * * * * Diontae Spencer […]

More...

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Pretty spot on IMO................
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

ive had enough of rogers

EXCELLENT write up "G". Thank You

I think Rogers is one of the odd man out and Swtz Army Knife bestter be keeping is edge sharp. Like Cope says, high quality and hard to make the call at this point. I'm wanting the best of the best.

Salute the nation

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    EXCELLENT write up "G". Thank You

I think Rogers is one of the odd man out and Swtz Army Knife bestter be keeping is edge sharp. Like Cope says, high quality and hard to make the call at this point. I'm wanting the best of the best.

Salute the nation
    you think switz is in jeopardy?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Yeah the more I read, seems like Switz is safe. Rogers seems to just never be able to stay healthy.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you think switz is in jeopardy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Yeah the more I read, seems like Switz is safe. Rogers seems to just never be able to stay healthy.

What I'm saying is that it's tight on the competition so no one in the 4 guys fighting for 2 spots group is safe. Switz best be keeping working hard or he could be gone, I don't see him as a total lock just yet.

Moncrief / 3rd rnd Johnson / JuJu / Washington are who I see as LOCKS, so not just yet on Switz. Spencer can return as well if not better and there is battle left in all 4 so we will see.

Switz / Spencer / Rogers / Holton are the 4 vying for the two spots. This is great competition amongst these guys so I'm confident we will end up with a spectacular receiving corp.!

Salute the nation

PS If Tevin Jones or Holton are assigned to the PS, I hope neither are "poached off".

Salute the nation
    Last edited by Drink IRON City; 08-16-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Lifetime Member

I fully agree w/ G's assessment...

I've said all camp that I don't think Switz is going anywhere. He does returns, gadget backfield guy, and Ben has a strong rapport with him.

Here We GO!!!

What I'm saying is that it's tight on the competition so no one in the 4 guys fighting for 2 spots group is safe. Switz best be keeping working hard or he could be gone, I don't see him as a total lock just yet.

Moncrief / 3rd rnd Johnson / JuJu / Washington are who I see as LOCKS, so not just yet on Switz. Spencer can return as well if not better and there is battle left in all 4 so we will see.

Switz / Spencer / Rogers / Holton are the 4 vying for the two spots. This is great competition amongst these guys so I'm confident we will end up with a spectacular receiving corp.!

Salute the nation
    Sounds like my article :P

Here We GO!!!

PS If Tevin Jones or Holton are assigned to the PS, I hope neither are "poached off".

Salute the nation
    Holton isn't eligible for the PS. Spence, Griffey, and Tevin are.

My 5 locks are JuJu, Moncrief, Washington, Switzer and Johnson. That possible sixth spot will be interesting to see what they go for. I don't think Rogers makes it. He hasn't stood out at all. I have heard a lot of people are thinking Holton and I think it comes down to either him or Spencer for the final spot. I'm leaning toward Holton myself but we still have 3 pre-season games to go so things can change in a hurry, especially if any injuries.

I really want diontae spencer on this team.

Man I would not want this call. After this game I bump Washington above Moncrief.
    1. Juju - Needs Washington and DJ to take heat away from him but will be fine
    2. Washington - Wants the job and is taking it
    3. Moncreif - Meh but we will see with Ben in there
    4. Johnson - Looked like a game breaker to me in his time on the field
    5. Switzer - Solid but boring
    6. Spencer or Holt -Higher ceilings than Rogers better returners
    7. Rogers - Just so meh

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    I really want diontae spencer on this team.
    Good call. Kid is showing the ability to break one anytime the ball's in his hands.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Hard to say the group is better after losing the games top receiver but there was a lot of filler after Brown and Juju. This group looks pretty deep. Second great performance from Washington. To me he is the starter in any two receivers sets. But I liked Johnson's performance tonight. Nothing wrong with Roger's but I simply cannot cut Spencer. This team just has not had a legit return guy for so long. Even AB, seemed to just want to avoid injury. This kid could really be a difference maker. I go.
    Juju, Washington, Moncrief, Johnson, Switzer and Spencer in that order.

I'm surprised you guys like Switzer over Rogers.. there are legitimately 8 WRs I want on this team.. I'd be okay if Holton and Spencer both make it over Rogers and Switzer both