Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Chiefs Preseason Game 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Confluence View Post
    Maybe they can find another TE they can swap for Dobbs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    This. Behind Vance, there's just not a whole lot there. Dobbs has shown excellent running ability that some team will likely be coveting.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I cut Hodges and stash him on the PS. Then I give him a legit look at 2 or 3 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I cut Hodges and stash him on the PS. Then I give him a legit look at 2 or 3 next year.
    No way Hodges make it to the practice squad with all the scrub QB's out there.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by steeltruckin View Post
    No way Hodges make it to the practice squad with all the scrub QB's out there.
    Ok. There is this fantasy about trading Dobbs and getting value. To me that is what it is. Fantasy. So explain to me why you are prepared to give up on Dobbs but cannot afford to lose Hodges.

Ok. There is this fantasy about trading Dobbs and getting value. To me that is what it is. Fantasy. So explain to me why you are prepared to give up on Dobbs but cannot afford to lose Hodges.
    Its hard to say with young backup QBs.... if a team has a infatuation with one they can hold value. The Steelers have both traded players from areas of depth before and just outright cut players thet deserved a chance elsewhere that could have been traded too.

We won’t keep 4.
    They probably don’t want to keep a qb on the practice squad on top of 3 qbs in a league where teams only keep 2 qbs often.
    Right now based on play and upside, Rudolph is ahead of Dobbs on the depth chart.
    Dobbs has one highlight reel play in the nfl, plus all his preseason tape, so he may have value somewhere.
    Dobbs isn’t going to progress any further getting third string snaps in practice.
    Hodges has a lot of potential and could get better once he learns the whole playbook.
    Dobbs is a legit 2 Qb type. He could grow into a starter given a chance... he won’t likely get that chance here.
    It makes sense that they will shop him and if there are no takers he will get cut...

The final point is that the other two potential backups have styles similar to ben, which makes transition on gameday easier in case of an injury..

...I really likeDobbs, but barring him winning the backup qb spot from Rudolph there are a lot of things pointing to him not being on the team this season....

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenisheaven View Post
    First of all you should want the Steelers to give him to another team because he stinks. The fact that you said that eludes to you thinking he's of value to any NFL team so you obviously have a man crush for him or something. Second as much as Jones stunk no way Dobbs is 10x better than Jones. They both stink.....if you want to say one stinks less than the other then you really are spending your football thoughts on some pretty irrelevant matters. Why don't you start posting about which practice squad players are better than any other once the season starts. I'm sure we all would love to hear your wisdom on that
    Yawn... you bore me...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    So reviews are fucking worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yet the HC will take heat by our resident coach for throwing the red hanky...

The Following User Likes This Post:

Lifetime Member

Game being rebroadcasted at 1pm...

Where did i say that i prefer one QB over the other? I simply stated you will not be able to stash Duck on the PS because there are to many scrub QB's out there.

Don't know if it's that black and white. Perhaps Dobbs could get some value as he at least has some pedigree coming from a large college program and being a 4th round pick w/ some regular season game experience (although small sample size). And I'm sure there are teams out there that are really intrigued by his mobility/running aspect.

Hodges is the small school potential diamond in the rough, but there's not enough tape out there against any competition of consequence for any team in their right mind to give up anything for him. But to steal him away from the PS based on that potential? Absolutely. I think Hodges is more a long-term answer than Dobbs and you really don't have to change the offense much for him. The kid is fearless and seems to have that IT factor other people have mentioned, I hope he gets more chances to show off more of what he can do before the preseason is over.

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Lifetime Member

Johnny Holton is not going to make the team...

The OPI on DJ was ATROCIOUS!!! https://www.12up.com/posts/video-ref...e-01djhehkpmeg

The whole ref squad should be fined for that...

I can't believe they took time to review it, look at the obvious, and then actually have the nerve to say the ruling on the field stands. That was felony robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    I can't believe they took time to review it, look at the obvious, and then actually have the nerve to say the ruling on the field stands. That was felony robbery.

Just wanted to keep CMT's challenge streak intact. It's preseason for them as well.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Hodges may be a sleeper that Tomlin should consider. Dobbs seems to be a slinger and if he gets antsy runs. That running seems to catch up quickly to NFL defenses. Hodges in two games seems to stay in the pocket, does not seem to get flusterd and his passes are more accurate .

Blog Entries
    Because a QB's #1 trait needs to the ability to throw the ball accurately, Hodges does that much better.

Dodds relies on his legs too much and gives up on plays to quickly.

I do not see anybody trading for those traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    I do not see anybody trading for those traits.
    The Ravens spent a number 1 pick on Lamar Jackson.

Don't know if it's that black and white. Perhaps Dobbs could get some value as he at least has some pedigree coming from a large college program and being a 4th round pick w/ some regular season game experience (although small sample size). And I'm sure there are teams out there that are really intrigued by his mobility/running aspect.

Hodges is the small school potential diamond in the rough, but there's not enough tape out there against any competition of consequence for any team in their right mind to give up anything for him. But to steal him away from the PS based on that potential? Absolutely. I think Hodges is more a long-term answer than Dobbs and you really don't have to change the offense much for him. The kid is fearless and seems to have that IT factor other people have mentioned, I hope he gets more chances to show off more of what he can do before the preseason is over.
    If they take him off the PS they have to sign him to the 53 man roster, at least, for period of time. They can't just take him from our PS to put on theirs. At some point, they may he able to drop him down to their PS, but then someone else can steal him. I'd think teams have bigger issues than trying to steal a 3rd string small school QB of of a PS.

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    If they take him off the PS they have to sign him to the 53 man roster, at least, for period of time. They can't just take him from our PS to put on theirs. At some point, they may he able to drop him down to their PS, but then someone else can steal him. I'd think teams have bigger issues than trying to steal a 3rd string small school QB of of a PS.
    I understand that, I never said anything about him going onto another team's PS. I talked about him getting stolen from our PS. Which you may think is not a big deal, but the kid (I'd think) is turning some heads around the league. He's got Ben's attention.

I understand that, I never said anything about him going onto another team's PS. I talked about him getting stolen from our PS. Which you may think is not a big deal, but the kid (I'd think) is turning some heads around the league. He's got Ben's attention.
    Most teams are not even carrying more than 2 QB's. I don't think a team will pick up Hodges as their #2 QB. So we just might be able to stash him on our practice squad.....but in a time when most teams have 2 QB's on their roster would we consider carrying 4?

Blog Entries
    Hodges has Drew Brees height and for whatever reason went to college a half hour from where he lived.

He broke Steve McNair's Passing records and has thrown for more yards than any other QB at that level.

Keep the QB that can throw over the QB that can run.

And throw pedigree out the window.
    Last edited by Super Dave; 08-19-2019 at 01:32 PM.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post: