Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Cedric Benson dead at 36

Most INtelligent Poster

Cedric Benson dead at 36

https://abc13.com/sports/former-ut-f...fx6-eKq4WaHeGY

AUSTIN, Texas -- Former University of Texas football star Cedric Benson has died at the age of 36, his brother confirmed on Facebook.

The running back died in Austin Sunday morning after a motorcycle accident, according to ESPN.

Social media posts expressing condolences began flowing in.

Former Texas coach Mack Brown commented on an Instagram post dedicated to Benson saying, "We lost a great one way too soon. #RIP"

Benson made a name for himself during his college career with the Longhorns. He finished at UT with 5,540 rushing yards, which is second in Longhorns program history.

Way too young, sad. RIP
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following User Likes This Post:

Wow man. Thoughts to his family

Here We GO!!!

Wow. sorry to hear. He was a good RB.

Jeez, reading the details of what happened, he had a passenger on his bike that died as well. He crashed into a minivan that actually caught fire from the impact. Cops say speed and poor visibility were factors.

Sounds like they died instantly. Sad all around. His brother broke the news. Condolences to his family and the passenger's family (shitty omission on my part).
    Last edited by Steelworth; 08-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Man...prayers and condolences to both families that lost someone in the crash. Benson was a good RB.

I immediately thought of Big Ben. How he was lucky he survived and here you have two people that weren't as lucky. It is that light switch. We are here one second, and gone the next. That is a cold realization. My prayers go out to both of their friends and family.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I immediately thought of Big Ben. How he was lucky he survived and here you have two people that weren't as lucky. It is that light switch. We are here one second, and gone the next. That is a cold realization. My prayers go out to both of their friends and family.
    Luckily for Big Ben he was going 35 MPH, or so was the story. To actually cause a fire to a vehicle from impact, they had to have been flying.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    https://abc13.com/sports/former-ut-f...fx6-eKq4WaHeGY

AUSTIN, Texas -- Former University of Texas football star Cedric Benson has died at the age of 36, his brother confirmed on Facebook.

The running back died in Austin Sunday morning after a motorcycle accident, according to ESPN.

Social media posts expressing condolences began flowing in.

Former Texas coach Mack Brown commented on an Instagram post dedicated to Benson saying, "We lost a great one way too soon. #RIP"

Benson made a name for himself during his college career with the Longhorns. He finished at UT with 5,540 rushing yards, which is second in Longhorns program history.
    RIP Cedric Our Thoughts and prayers are for your family #1steelersfan

Sent from my SM-J327P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Condolences to both the fallen vitim's families and friends. Prayers and Blessings.

Salute the nation