Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: season reset

Quote Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
    That defense had a DL that stopped the run. Our DL can't stop the run for shit.
    What ?....you mean all both of them ?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Our offense will be more ball control

Our defense is gonna do an about face and start dominating games like no one's business. Our take-aways are gonna be off the charts....We will run off 7 in a row at one point and finish 11-5.

We ain't tossing the season we bout' to start tossing people....

Only a die hard, eternally optimistic, Steeler beer goggles wearing member of Steeler Nation, would be predicting more than 7 wins from this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by steel dino View Post
    Only a die hard, eternally optimistic, Steeler beer goggles wearing member of Steeler Nation, would be predicting more than 7 wins from this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    yes you rang?

She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

9 or 10 wins!

looking at the schedule remaining if I take my Steeler goggles off. I see 9 to 10 wins. if the ball bounces the right way we can squeak out 12 wins

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    looking at the schedule remaining if I take my Steeler goggles off. I see 9 to 10 wins. if the ball bounces the right way we can squeak out 12 wins
    Wow! Are you sure you goggles are off BLITZ?

If all of the stupid players are out. ( Davis, Moncrief ) add Dupree and hope Boswell is okay this team can rebound quickly.

Butler might want to slowly work in Bush. Iím still itching to see Gilbert.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The rest of our schedule is on the easy side.

We play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins ( Patriots easy AFC east ) along with the Colts and and Cardinals. Plus the Bengals 2x

Okay, at least five of these six teams will be picking in the top half of round one, so there is hope.

What the Steelers need now is good coaching and to avoid the 0-3 start. A win, and I'm still optimistic for the playoffs. A loss and...

Nothing is easy with an unproven QB and a team that is what their record shows. 0 and 2.

Playoffs is attainable talent wise. They just have to play a helluva a lot better than what they have shown.

We'll see.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I'm assuming fans of other teams are seeing the Steelers are their schedule and seeing them as a very beatable opponent as well.

We need to see more from Rudolph before assuming anything, as he could be another Landry Jones, with the Steelers looking at a 2-3 win season.

Under Tomlin, it's not like the Steelers have rolled through the "easy" games on the schedule, even with an established franchise QB.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

US Veteran

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What the Steelers need now is good coaching and to avoid the 0-3 start.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

OK here ya go Dino, take a good gander thru these...

They offer unique views of all kinds of cool Steeler stuff.

GO STILLERS

Have you not paid attention to how this team plays against “easy opponents” historically?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Have you not paid attention to how this team plays against “easy opponents” historically?

Yes, and that's why I said good coaching I needed. Yes Tomlin lead teams get defeated too often by .500 and below teams, HOWEVER his record vs the .500 and below teams is still on the plus side and we face plenty of those teams.

Our remaining schedule is in fact on the easy side, and we play many bad teams just like I said.

We should have won the Seattle game. Stupid players sunk us.

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney View Post
    I'm assuming fans of other teams are seeing the Steelers are their schedule and seeing them as a very beatable opponent as well.

We need to see more from Rudolph before assuming anything, as he could be another Landry Jones, with the Steelers looking at a 2-3 win season.

Under Tomlin, it's not like the Steelers have rolled through the "easy" games on the schedule, even with an established franchise QB.

I seen enough of Rudolph to say he's better than Randy Jones. If Ready Jones was the QB for the season, the seasons over. A 2 to 3 win season? I highly doubt that. While losing Ben was a blow, suddenly we 3 good players among the 4 starting DB's. When was the last time that happened? Our DB's as a group have sucked for years.

All Rudolph has to do is limit interceptions ( And throwing it to Moncrief ) and we'll start winning games provided the stupid players stay the heck off the field which is why we lost the Seahawks game. Davis is gone for the year. Moncrief benched. Big Dan doesn't see many snaps.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Yes, and that's why I said good coaching I needed. Yes Tomlin lead teams get defeated too often by .500 and below teams, HOWEVER his record vs the .500 and below teams is still on the plus side and we face plenty of those teams.

Our remaining schedule is in fact on the easy side, and we play many bad teams just like I said.

We should have won the Seattle game. Stupid players sunk us.
    You used the words "good coaching" and "Tomlin" in the same paragraph. I'm just saying.....
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I really think Ben being gone, will elevate the way everyone plays. and how coaches coach. Ben has been winning for so long, everyone just takes it for granted. now the coaches have to actually coach, call good plays etc. and every player has to step up.

I seen enough of Rudolph to say he's better than Randy Jones. If Ready Jones was the QB for the season, the seasons over. A 2 to 3 win season? I highly doubt that. While losing Ben was a blow, suddenly we 3 good players among the 4 starting DB's. When was the last time that happened? Our DB's as a group have sucked for years.

All Rudolph has to do is limit interceptions ( And throwing it to Moncrief ) and we'll start winning games provided the stupid players stay the heck off the field which is why we lost the Seahawks game. Davis is gone for the year. Moncrief benched. Big Dan doesn't see many snaps.
    It's a QB-driven league and we still have no idea what they have in Rudolph.

That combined with what the running game and defense have shown through the first two games, I do not yet see much reason for optimism.

Maybe Rudolph will be legit and Fitzpatrick will transform the defense, but I need to see it first.

I honestly do not trust a Tomlin-coached team to accomplish much of anything without Roethlisberger.