Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mason Rudolph

Gotta run with what we got. Ready

US Veteran

Do they finally pull out the pony back field this week and give him plenty of short routes? and oh btw,, maybe they throw more to The TE.

Why does everyone say he cant throw it down the field.? Those highlights seem to indicate that he can.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin View Post
    Why does everyone say he cant throw it down the field.? Those highlights seem to indicate that he can.
    Rudolph was in a wide open system playing against teams with basically no defense. If you watch those throws some of them are horrible but the WRs bails him out. Just like last week when he missed the WR by 5 feet. But the WR made a great catch. On long passes you have to be precise. You can't throw it up like you can in college. Go look at highlights of Landry Jones. He played in the same conference. Mason needs exactly what Fichtner did last week. Underneath passes with quick strikes. An occasional play action pass. The play action works now. Not because of how great the running game is but because teams are thinking the Steelers will run more with a new QB. So you exploit that.

US Veteran

Nobody said that
    1. Ariana said they had it ready but didn't pull it out because they got behind? And 2. Let him have some options vs a team strong vs the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    Nobody said that
    1. Ariana said they had it ready but didn't pull it out because they got behind? And 2. Let him have some options vs a team strong vs the run.
    I saw several comments to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Rudolph was in a wide open system playing against teams with basically no defense. If you watch those throws some of them are horrible but the WRs bails him out. Just like last week when he missed the WR by 5 feet. But the WR made a great catch. On long passes you have to be precise. You can't throw it up like you can in college. Go look at highlights of Landry Jones. He played in the same conference. Mason needs exactly what Fichtner did last week. Underneath passes with quick strikes. An occasional play action pass. The play action works now. Not because of how great the running game is but because teams are thinking the Steelers will run more with a new QB. So you exploit that.
    Ok I just watched again and i dont see many horrible passes. I have big hopes for this kid. Hes definitely competitive!

US Veteran

Nobody said that
    I meant fichtner

US Veteran

I saw several comments to that effect.
    Well quote your reference.

Ok I just watched again and i dont see many horrible passes. I have big hopes for this kid. Hes definitely competitive!
    Which is why I said "some" not "many". On that highlight film I see several poorly thrown balls that the WRs either has to wait for or make a very difficult catch because of where the ball is placed. I'm not saying he is a horrible long distance passer. But he does have some accuracy issues at times. If you want to really see how a player looks go watch entire games that are focused on him. youtube is full of them. I watched Mason some in college but not a ton. Plus he was in a wide open system just like Jones. Those guys are hard to evaluate because the scheme gets wide open WRs.

Well quote your reference.
    Sorry didn't have time to look them up. They were scattered throughout the forum. I was just curious of what provoked those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Which is why I said "some" not "many". On that highlight film I see several poorly thrown balls that the WRs either has to wait for or make a very difficult catch because of where the ball is placed. I'm not saying he is a horrible long distance passer. But he does have some accuracy issues at times. If you want to really see how a player looks go watch entire games that are focused on him. youtube is full of them. I watched Mason some in college but not a ton. Plus he was in a wide open system just like Jones. Those guys are hard to evaluate because the scheme gets wide open WRs.
    I noted your reluctance to go all in with the usage of "some". I wasnt calling out any one comment, only wondering since I'd seen several posters question hos arm strength.