Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Fitzpatrick taking crash course on Steelers defense

Fitzpatrick taking crash course on Steelers defense

In his first day on the job, new Steelers defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick was thrown right into the first-team defense. So much for a learning curve.
    The post Fitzpatrick taking crash course on Steelers defense appeared first on DKPittsburghSports.com.

Full Story

This story is from our friends at DKPittsburghSports.com . Please visit the link above to read the full story. Click Here to subscribe to DK Pittsburgh Sports for a 50% off offer.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Nice write up Dale and thank you/

I think Fitz will fit in nicely and Davis will have a hard time regaining his position. It's short learning curve BUT I say put him in right away as I think they are. It will be much different back there and our secondary is upgraded.

Salute the nation

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Hard not to get excited, but I'll save the gushing until we get a "W"...

Mink, listen up. Pay attention.

"These LBs will be covering the main WRs. We have no idea what these CBs are gonna be doing. When the wide open receiver catches the ball, try to tackle him. Don't feel bad if he gets by you.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post

"These LBs will be covering the main WRs. We have no idea what these CBs are gonna be doing. When the wide open receiver catches the ball, try to tackle him. Don't feel bad if he gets by you.
    Ark!!! Hush your mouth!!! Positive vibes only...

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Duck Time! Quack,Quack! steelhurt's Avatar

Wonder how long it takes Tomless and Butler to fuck this kid up! Letís see, itís nine first rounders and counting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Obviously!

Make sure you release the receiver to no one behind you. The QB might miss the first time so do it at least twice.

I'm positive he should be able to cover a FB, which is how our genus staff may just deploy him...if no FB on the field just chase someone

Shouldn't be too hard to catch onto what we're doing out there right now

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post

The main thing is, as a corner, make sure you give the TE or WR plenty of space to encourage the quarterback to throw the ball. Play a goooooood sized cushion. We really want to increase our interceptions this year and the best way to do that is encourage those Bs to keep throwin'!

The Following User Likes This Post:

Obviously we will be defending every blade of grass come Sunday. We have a room full of pedigree so I expect above the neck play. As it isn't about being capable, it is about what you are willing to do. So no excuses, excuses are tools of the incompetent obviously. We don't live in our fears we live in our hopes.

Our linebackers will be ready to take on their receivers. Our safeties will be ready to cover their receivers. They will be expecting for us to 4DL put pressure in their face ha, but we will tom foolery and just throw out 2. Our dominate speed will be on display as our defenders over shoot their gap assignments causing missed tackles out the yahoo. But the speed is out there for everyone to see... as the standard is the standard. You continue to dream the wild dreams that you dream when you were young. There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do. Hungry is a word that I've been analyzing here of late. It's not hunger that drives me, it's not hunger that needs to drive our football team. Hunger and thirst are things that can be quenched. We have to be a driven group, we have to seek greatness. Which is why I put Moncrief back out there on the field. Fuck your dislocated finger, if we keep throwing you the football you will eventually catch it. This is how you be great. See more grounded, more humble, more selfless makes us more opportunistic obviously. If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity. So Ben has a sore arm ? get your ass out there and start slinging that football. A 60 percent Big Ben is better than um.... Ben just stay off the radio and be a leader.

I'm not concerned about avoiding anything that happened three years ago or worried about letdowns or things of that nature. When you use the term 'letdown' you proceed with the assumption that this is a continuation of something that happened in the past. Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix obviously.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

we just need to pick up 1 more former 1st rd pick and then we can unleash hell.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Lemme guess - turn your hips early, commit to the first move, ignore the coverage scheme? The next time this Tomlin team develops a high talent CB will be the first.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

He shouldn't have any trouble figuring it out. Hell, opposing OC's can usually figure it out in a quarter or two.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Found this on Fitz.

https://youtu.be/QHmdoPB3SN4

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    Found this on Fitz.

https://youtu.be/QHmdoPB3SN4
    Great video. He has all the tools. Maybe even enough to rise above the 'coaching'.

This one reveals his heart...

... and from whence he came.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    He shouldn't have any trouble figuring it out. Hell, opposing OC's can usually figure it out in a quarter or two.
    It's not like training camp and four preseason games does anyone else any good. He'll be fine.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776