Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Hodges need to do to keep the job for another week?

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Why would anyone be hoping for Hodges to play. We really really need to find out if Mason is the real deal. He needs all the playing time he can get this year.
    I agree but I'm pretty sure Mason will need a week or off to clear the birds n stars. I'm rooting for Devlin a little pre maturely but based on Mason not a go for this week.

Salute the nation

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Why would anyone be hoping for Hodges to play. We really really need to find out if Mason is the real deal. He needs all the playing time he can get this year.
    Agree completely, but I don't think he makes it out of concussion protocol for another 2 weeks (second week being the bye so just more time for Rudolph to rest).
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I get this week. I want the guy to throw 4 tds and run dor another.

But when Mason is healthy it needs to be his chance to prove he is a franchise qb. Ben isnt going to play forever. We gotta know if Mason is the one. Hopefully both Mason and Hodges are that talented

The real problem is:

Can Vince Williams cover Keenan Allen this year?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Billacheat went from one of the dumbest coaches to one of the smartest. Never a down year. That team has mastered how to cheat and not get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Name ONE QB that has 'looked bad' under the guidance of Ernie Adams???
    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

To answer the OPs question directly:

Hodges starts ONLY if Mason Rudolph is out due to Concussion protocol.

Mason Rudolph earned the #2 spot in preseason and when Big Ben was lost MR took over. I'm really happy for "Duck" Hodges. He's a gamer and tough guy.

As for the "dislike" I sense toward Mason Rudolph, I just don't get it. He's 6' 5" tall and has a decent arm. He works extremely hard and given the right support will do well.

He got clocked on the play that knocked him out. I dislike the Ravens as a competitor but that was NOT a cheap shot on him. It was a bit late but the damage was done because he was sandwiched between 2 defenders.

Ask Jack Lambert if it was a dirty hit. I don't think it was. Was it tough physical Stillers-Ratbird football? You bet but let's drop the dirty hit mularkey and focus on why we are 1-4.

Perhaps losing Big Ben for the season shows what the Offense is really like.

Now losing Jaylen Samuels a month further cripples the offense (yes he made a lousy pass on the wildcat but other than that hasn't he been a gamer?)

The true test for a coach is rallying his team when the chips are down.

Stiller fans, we are weak at WRs, very thin at RB and have our third string QB likely to start.

As they say, That's the fact Jack!

Get out your terrible towels and pray to Myron Cope for a win.

Too bad Ringside Rosie isn't alive anymore.

Maybe we could get Bruno Sammartino to travel to LA on the team plane and inspire these guys.

They need help.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Billacheat went from one of the dumbest coaches to one of the smartest. Never a down year. That team has mastered how to cheat and not get caught.
    The only time they missed the playoffs since 2002 was in 2008, the year Br*dy was on IR, and they lost a tiebreaker to the Dolphins to get into the playoffs despite an 11-5 record with a backup QB.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 10-09-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

I look at it like this. I figure this injury to Ben, while he may be able to come back next season, could lead to further problems down the road. When throwing a football or a baseball is your primary job and you injure the elbow of the arm you throw with, most guys have issues going forward. Yes, there have been medical advancements and some guys come back better than ever. But those guys won't be 38 next season either.

At this point, I don't too much care whether Rudolph or Hodges steps up as long as one of them does. Last thing I want is for this franchise to become the Cleveland Browns, drafting a bevy of shitty QB's that get coaches fired and keep teams from improving because they keep spending draft capital on one position year after year.

Steelers fans should be happy if either of these guys takes a step forward. Unless of course you are Coach and root for one's success based on the other's failure.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skline00 View Post
    Too bad Ringside Rosie isn't alive anymore.

Maybe we could get Bruno Sammartino to travel to LA on the team plane and inspire these guys.
    Bruno Sammartino isn't alive anymore either. Passed away last year. Just sayin'.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Actually, he was caught several times. Fined twice.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Ike, I hear yaz. Those who say billicheat is the greatest coach ever have no sense of cheating. How can one be the greatest ever if they are FACTUAL cheaters????? Just astounds me as to that pedestal. t*mmyb*y as well.

Salute the nation

Shame on the team if they suit up Rudolph this week. Let the guy get the extra 2 weeks for his cranium to rest. No reason to suit him up after taking that hit and a bye week following

Looking forward to watching Bubby Hodges play

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Hodges looked good in his limited play mainly because his interception was called back.

Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Hodges looked good in his limited play mainly because his interception was called back.
    He is a first year QB who is only a shade over 6 foot tall... he will have bad reads and bad throws bit good ones too... think of how horrid Peyton was his first season... a rookie qb is rarely like Ben was... you don’t read too much into the bad plays unless they remain habitual after a couple years... making ANY judgment about him based on his next few games, good or bad, is a mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    He is a first year QB who is only a shade over 6 foot tall... he will have bad reads and bad throws bit good ones too... think of how horrid Peyton was his first season... a rookie qb is rarely like Ben was... you don’t read too much into the bad plays unless they remain habitual after a couple years... making ANY judgment about him based on his next few games, good or bad, is a mistake...
    Thought he looked good practice makes perfect

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Bruno Sammartino isn't alive anymore either. Passed away last year. Just sayin'.
    Ron you are right. I forgot.

SO I'll amend it to say we need "heavenly help" from Ringside Rosie, Myron AND Bruno!

US Veteran

To me it seems that we have officially entered the "preparing for life after Ben" era. IMO when you are in a transitional state such as this looking for your next Franchise QB you can never have too many options. I hope we have the next guy on the roster now. We knew it wasn't Landry Jones and Dobbs didn't look like it either but I feel pretty good about the skill level and smarts Mason and Duck have shown thus far. I don't care which one it turns out to be, I just hope it is one of them so letting them both get some playing time in what appears to be a "rebuilding" year of sorts is ok by me. Lets shake it up and see who emerges.

Mason practiced, so if he continues to improve there's a good chance he plays