Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What does Hodges need to do to keep the job for another week?

"I guess we'll find out Sunday"

Steelers will not name the starting QB against the Chargers

The drama builds...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

The drama builds...
    Spike News needs a link...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Spike News needs a link...LOL
    https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...me-starting-qb

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I have seen Rudolph’s NFL ceiling and is rather low. He’s a solid backup type no more. Better than Landry Jones. Not as good as Charlie Batch is what I see v

Hodges has a higher NFL ceiling. I’d much rather see if he can fill it My hunch is the wide receivers would much rather play with Duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Based on what? See i want both of these guys to succeed because thats whats best for the Steelers... your ridiculous agendas get old after a while... here are the facts... duck has a weaker arm than Rudolph... above average based on all the scouting reports from both of them, but not a Ben or Favre type... he is a great inside passer, better than Rudolph, but is subpar on outside routes and deep balls... ... he also is short for a QB... his arm is graded lower than Russel Wilson or Brees so he is going to have a hard time overcoming that...

Several draft publications forsaw Hodges having starting potential, in time... but he had enough flaws and physical limitations to overcome that all of them thought he would be undrafted....

Rudolph had many of the same publications forecasting him as a potential first rounder... even going into the combine a few postulated that he would be a top ten pick ...

Id love to know how based on a few preseason games you think hodges has erased all these questions to be the next superstar qb... its only cause you want to be right about Rudolph not cutting it.... Rudolph is a top 10 rated Qb in the second half of games thus far... when the staff has taken the shackles off he has been pretty good... he also has only started 3 games in his career thus far... he looks like he is solid at worse...

Quit hoping for him to bust and just root for both of these guys to be future starters

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Thank you good sir.

Can you make Coach smarter while you're at it???

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

The drama builds...
    It's confirmed. Rudy is out on Sunday night...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-for-steelers/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Did i say I was a QB Guru? or Hodges was waay better than Rudolph? I said was he looked much better in the pocket than Rudolph as far as the eye test was concerned. All I said was I don't think Rudolph is our next franchise QB and I want to see more of Hodges because he looked good and Mason ain't taking Ben's job either way.
    If he wasn't driving down the field what was he doing? It may be news to you but EVERY drive starts with 2 plays.
    Fucking seriously? This is your spin? Driving down the field means getting somewhat close to at the very least field goal range. A Conner run for 3 yards, and a 10 yard pass to Juju is not driving down the field...yet. You made it seem like we were going in for the game winning score, we hadn't even reached mid field...

And maybe have your eyes checked, because the eye test I saw, Mason looked damn his until he was cheap shot.

I wasn’t talking about overtime only.

]I guess you forgot the long run by Hodges in that drive, so that make it THREE plays.
    Would you like to try another spin class?

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Thank you good sir.

Can you make Coach smarter while you're at it???
    Have you figured out who’s starting yet? :)

Lifetime Member

Have you figured out who’s starting yet? :)

Scroll on up to post #86, Faux Genius...

Duck is NOT better than Rudolph at this point. Hell, Rudolph has played better than Ben this year. To hear people say Duck is better, that is a special kind of stupid

well I guess going of the opening thread, he would have to go to the nfl and ask to change our schedule as we are on bye the following week.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Hodges did ok, but there is no doubt in two weeks Rudolph will be back in if healthy... the only real question is how coach will rationalize how Ducks first start was superior to Masons....

Quote Originally Posted by MT~Forged View Post
    Duck is NOT better than Rudolph at this point. Hell, Rudolph has played better than Ben this year. To hear people say Duck is better, that is a special kind of stupid
    Well, consider the source.

The eye test...The eye test. Hodges is confident Mason plays scared...

I like Mason, but fuck have some balls & is a one read QB at this point.

I wouldn't change shit....Going with the hot hand

Hot hand? 15-20, 132 yards, a TD and an INT isn’t what I’d call a hot hand. Saw an awful lot of the same dump offs and check downs Rudolph throws. Kinda leads me to believe it is the game plan.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hot hand? 15-20, 132 yards, a TD and an INT isn’t what I’d call a hot hand. Saw an awful lot of the same dump offs and check downs Rudolph throws. Kinda leads me to believe it is the game plan.
    Sarge, he won....We're on a streak, & he has the hot hand....ONE IN A ROW

He's more mobile in the pocket BY FAR... Rudolph thus far is a statue in the pocket

Mason ain't all that, at least what I've seen...Dude plays scared and is one read wonder basically....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    Sarge, he won....We're on a streak, & he has the hot hand....ONE IN A ROW

He's more mobile in the pocket BY FAR... Rudolph thus far is a statue in the pocket

Mason ain't all that, at least what I've seen...Dude plays scared and is one read wonder basically....
    Great synopsis, its what I see also. Hodges just has the it factor, take away the alleged pedigree and Hodges is the better prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yes... again people bitch about wrs open down the field but it’s beyond obvious every play has a dump off as the second read... the staff doesn’t want to have turnovers so they are using the young QB playbook...

The only thing with Duck is his arm isn’t as good on deep throws... thats on every scouting report I have seen on him... he can make them... he has a pro arm... its just not a strength...

He is going to be fine but he isn’t ready yet... mason will be back in when he is ready

I don’t think people realize how good Mason has done in second halfs when the handcuffs are off...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    The eye test...The eye test. Hodges is confident Mason plays scared...

I like Mason, but fuck have some balls & is a one read QB at this point.

I wouldn't change shit....Going with the hot hand
    Nope, no way, uhuh Mason is the QB not Duck. Duck did what he had to do but Mason is much more ready and able at this point. Devlin is a good guy and I like hom but he isn't ready and is way behind Mason at this point.