Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Johnson Passes AB Rookie Stats in 5 Games

  1. #21
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,770
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Yeah, I was ecstatic they took Troy Edwards instead of Jevon Kearse.
    as was Cohwer and the rest of the original steelers.com message board imagine Kearse and Porter on the edges. back then.

  2. #22
    Kearse started off with 3 good years, then he became Dupree.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    as was Cohwer and the rest of the original steelers.com message board imagine Kearse and Porter on the edges. back then.
    Cowher was chubby for Boston. When Boston went to Arizona Cowher went all, what's that affliction when you get jilted, something akin to 'beer goggles', and inexplicably grabbed the diminutive Edwards, passing on the potential all-world Adonis, Jevon Kearse.

    Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Kearse started off with 3 good years, then he became Dupree.
    The diminutive Edwards had a decent rookie year then became Troy Edwards.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #24
    When people on here were saying JuJu and James would be as good as Brown and Bell and this team would be fine without them, I didn't think you could be any dumber? I was wrong.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Cowher was chubby for Boston. When Boston went to Arizona Cowher went all, what's that affliction when you get jilted, something akin to 'beer goggles', and inexplicably grabbed the diminutive Edwards, passing on the potential all-world Adonis, Jevon Kearse.



    The diminutive Edwards had a decent rookie year then became Troy Edwards.
    I believe Donahue was the one that had final say and took Edwards, which started the Cowher/Donahue power struggle resulting in Donahue getting the boot, after that our 1st round picks were Burress, Hampton, Simmons, Troy, Ben, Heath, Holmes
    Last edited by Coryea; 10-11-2019 at 01:48 PM.

  6. #26
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0

    Johnson Passes AB Rookie Stats in 5 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by 21STEELERS21 View Post
    Troy Edwards 61 catches, 714 yds, 5 tds

    Mike Wallace 39 catches, 756 yds, 6tds

    They did decent in their rookie years
    Johnson is not going to be as good as Wallace.

    Heís a third type of receiver starting because the 2nd round pick a year before sucks and the Steelers over paid and miscalculated on Moncrief.

    On Johnson Iím not sure how tough he is and didnít he already fumble? He starts for now. I like him in a limited role not a featured role.




    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by Coach; 10-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.

  7. #27
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0

    Johnson Passes AB Rookie Stats in 5 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I believe Donahue was the one that had final say and took Edwards, which started the Cowher/Donahue power struggle resulting in Donahue getting the boot, after that our 1st round pics were Burress, Hampton, Simmons, Troy, Ben, Heath, Holmes
    Donít rub old wounds the wrong way. The Edwardís pick really ticked me off. A small and slow type, his rookie year was his best.

    Should have picked Kearse. It still stings 20 years later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  8. #28
    Iím not going to start comparing Johnson to AB until he throws furniture off a building and gets caught driving 100 mph in a 40.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  9. #29
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Johnson is not going to be as good as Wallace.

    He’s a third type of receiver starting because the 2nd round pick a year before sucks and the Steelers over paid and miscalculated on Moncrief.

    On Johnson I’m not sure how tough he is and didn’t he already fumble? He starts for now. I like him in a limited role not a featured role.




    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Resident retard...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I believe Donahue was the one that had final say and took Edwards, which started the Cowher/Donahue power struggle resulting in Donahue getting the boot, after that our 1st round picks were Burress, Hampton, Simmons, Troy, Ben, Heath, Holmes
    You are 100% correct. Cowher hated the Edwards pick.

  11. #31
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Resident retard...
    Wallace has over 8,000 yards and 57 touchdowns. Humor us and tell the board you think Johnson will be as good.

    Johnson is starting as a rookie due a bad free agent move and the 2nd round pick a year ago at receiver doing little.

    Worry not you are a favorite village idiot.





    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  12. #32
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    7,832
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    We can probably get A.B. back on the cheap right now,,,,,. Probably could use him. Just saying,,,
    Man if they could put up with him, and sign him for a league minimum one year deal... get twitter to block all of his accounts then let him slink off in the offseason and get a comp pick lol

    I mean yinzers would despise it, but still... lol

    Fortunately i am pretty sure that he burned all of the bridges on his way out... thats why traffic sucks so bad round here...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  13. #33
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    7,832
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Wallace has over 8,000 yards and 57 touchdowns. Humor us and tell the board you think Johnson will be as good.

    Johnson is starting as a rookie due a bad free agent move and the 2nd round pick a year ago at receiver doing little.

    Worry not you are a favorite village idiot.





    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

    I think if johnson has any work ethic, and doesn’t get hurt, he is going to be a 10 year starter in this league... he wont be brown, but he will do as good or even better than one trick Wallace...

    A lot of wr gurus, including Arians, have expressed they were hoping to get him... he is raw and he will need a year or two to shine, but i bet he is much better than you are giving him credit for...

  14. #34
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Wallace has over 8,000 yards and 57 touchdowns. Humor us and tell the board you think Johnson will be as good.

    Johnson is starting as a rookie due a bad free agent move and the 2nd round pick a year ago at receiver doing little.

    Worry not you are a favorite village idiot.





    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Again, you're comparing CAREER STATS to a rookie. Absolutely laughable.

    You make it very hard for me not to pick on you, but I'm trying...

  15. #35
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    I think if johnson has any work ethic, and doesn’t get hurt, he is going to be a 10 year starter in this league... he wont be brown, but he will do as good or even better than one trick Wallace...

    A lot of wr gurus, including Arians, have expressed they were hoping to get him... he is raw and he will need a year or two to shine, but i bet he is much better than you are giving him credit for...
    Coach only looks for SPEED on his YouTube reviews. Route running, coming out of breaks, blocking, etc...not of that matters because he doesn't look for it---oh, lest I forget...he's big on HEAD SIZE...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  16. #36
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Again, you're comparing CAREER STATS to a rookie. Absolutely laughable.

    You make it very hard for me not to pick on you, but I'm trying...
    If you think Johnson will have a good as career as Wallace did, say it. Heís not that type of talent.

    Whatís laughable is comparing Johnsonís fast start to good players who had more talent in front of them when they were rookies.

    You are not very bright, but thatís okay.






    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  17. #37
    Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    12,990
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Coach only looks for SPEED on his YouTube reviews. Route running, coming out of breaks, blocking, etc...not of that matters because he doesn't look for it---oh, lest I forget...he's big on HEAD SIZE...
    Just stop. You have no clue what I look at. Not only speed but size which Johnson lacks and heís an absolute light weight as a blocker if you bothered to check.

    I see a small guy who can get open but isnít a side line or red zone threat. I also think heís not a tough player.




    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  18. #38
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If you think Johnson will have a good as career as Wallace did, say it. He’s not that type of talent.

    What’s laughable is comparing Johnson’s fast start to good players who had more talent in front of them when they were rookies.

    You are not very bright, but that’s okay.






    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    DJ will be better than Wallace "One Route". I said it.

    The kid can run EVERY ROUTE on the tree. You, OBVIOUSLY, missed the reviews on Diontae Johnson. I'm not going to provide you the links - go find it yourself.

    Long story short - he's been 'compared' to AB, skills-wise. Tell us, Faux Genius, was Wallace better than AB???

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If you think Johnson will have a good as career as Wallace did, say it. Heís not that type of talent.

    Whatís laughable is comparing Johnsonís fast start to good players who had more talent in front of them when they were rookies.

    You are not very bright, but thatís okay.






    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Coach STFU you have no idea how Johnson's career will go. He showed glimpses of capability but to what extent is an unknown. Wallace was fast he wasn't some great untouchable talent. And the hope would be for Johnson to develop into a better WR than Wallace as he was sort of a one truck pony.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  20. #40
    Lifetime Member
    bermudasteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Rep Power
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Coach STFU you have no idea how Johnson's career will go. He showed glimpses of capability but to what extent is an unknown. Wallace was fast he wasn't some great untouchable talent. And the hope would be for Johnson to develop into a better WR than Wallace as he was sort of a one truck pony.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    If Coach watched games - I would not get on his case all the time. To make brazen statements after, ahem, 'watching' 5 games of DJ---he's made the assessment that DJ will be:

    1. Worse than Mike Wallace
    2. DJ can't block because he's small and not tough
    3. DJ can get open but isn't a sideline or red zone threat

    The thing is---NO ONE in the NFL pays for Coach's assessments or thoughts. We, here, get them for free. Yay...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation