Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Chargers prediction thread.

Steelers vs. Chargers prediction thread.

Steelers vs. Chargers prediction thread.

The Steelers are 1-4, and have always sucked as road team on West Coast games under Tomlin. Why be optimistic? I see something, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Here's what I see.

Point #1

With Samuels out, the Wildcat is gone. With Rudolph out, the dink and dunk offense should go away, allowing the offense to convert longer run and pass plays. Essentially we are getting addition via subtraction by two players, and the coaching attached them being unable to play.

Point #2

Enter Hodges, a free-wheeling type of QB, who spreads the football around with accuracy, and can run with it if needed. Suddenly passes were complete to the left, middle, or right of the field-based without this safety-first throw it close to the line of scrimmage mentality. If a team goes man coverage and the receivers go deep, Hodges showed he could rip them for yardage on the ground. The poise and confidence the rookie showed seemed to pick up an underachieving offense that was the beneficiary of PLUS FIVE TURNOVERS under Rudolph. If you keep losing games when you are the plus side of turnovers; something is wrong with the offense.

The only advice Hodges should get is don't force a throw on the run, and it's okay to throw the football away.

Our DB's and pass rush are both good at the same time. A winning combination.

I do not think the Chargers are a good football team. They beat Miami and had a week #1 OT win over the Colts. That's it. The San Diego offense has scored 20 points or fewer or less 3 times in their last 4 games. ( The one game they did was vs. The Dolphins )

Bold prediction: Steelers 27, Chargers 20. And if this prediction is correct, Hodges better start the next game!

PS: I wish Ben handled the sideline coaching for the offense, and Shazier do the same for the defense...take away Tomlin's red flags away and let someone else call the time outs. We'd be much better off; I'm telling ya!

I Be Dancing On Out To DC steelhurt's Avatar

I’m not going against my team so with Duck my prediction.
    Steelers 31
    Bolts 17

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Obviously!

The Following User Likes This Post:

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    We have a bunch of guys hurt on offense but so do the Chargers. The arrow is pointing up for our defense. I predict a low scoring affair.
    That said, until Shades proves he can win in the Pacific Time Zone, he cannot win in the Pacific Time Zone. I don't see that changing with the third-string QB when he can't win with Ben either.
    Spread is 6.5.

Guys Who Dodge Homeless Camps, Needles, Leprosy, And Shit On Their Way To Work 28
    Team Of The Soon-To-Be Redskins Head Coach 17

*Updated since I heard Artie Burns is starting*
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 10-11-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Duck it...

Steelers 23
    Chargers 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traveling fist ta cuffs, a DUCK that can fly, coaching auditioning for redskin country........................................... ..26

bolts who think we will be dumb enough to cover ALLEN with Bince, 9 kids and counting, center brother hurt........17

Salute the nation

Chargers 30, Steelers 20. No way we win on the left coast, Ben or no Ben.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Chargers 24
    Steelers 9

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ExUSAF View Post
    Chargers 30, Steelers 20. No way we win on the left coast, Ben or no Ben.
    I penciled this one in as a loss before the season started.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Steelers 20
    Bolts 17

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelers 38

Bolts 13

Tomlin trade arrow pointing up to a pizza and a six pack

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

His soul is full of hate.

Blog Entries
    38-17 Chargers.

I have no feel for this game. This could be the start of one of those false comebacks where we get on a mini-roll and everyone is suggesting Tomlin for COTY and then we shit the bed when it counts, or we could get abused.

A shitty Oline lost their Pouncey to injury. Steelers 23 dolts 17

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

It's all about the matchups, and since getting Fitzpatrick the Secondary has looked A LOT better. We can harass Rivers with pressure and once his hot head gets the better of him he'll crumble. They've had no rushing game at with Melvin Gordon holding out, He's back and will share carries with Ekeler who is just horrid so I don't expect much from either this week,

I see the Steelers winning this one 24 - 10

Steelers 20
    Charger 13

Tomlins west coast woes continue......
    Chargers 24
    Steelers 16

Hodges throws 3 TDs and 2 picks, approaches 300 yards. Steelers still can't run consistently, but might approach 100 yards for a change.

I think it will be competitive, but offense gets a slow start, dumb coaching decisions abound, and defense gives up a crucial drive late. (Wait, that last line has been happening for years. More of an expectation than a prediction)

Chargers 37-31

Steelers 24-16 has Mason been ruled out as he has been practicing since Tuesday and 2 full practices?

Lifetime Member

I jinxed us by participating last week. No prediction from me.

Coach, you can't pat your back any better than you did in the OP...