Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moncrief

US Veteran

Moncrief

He's Healthy. Was a scratch last week. I anticipate he will get a hat this week due to Washingtons injury.

I don't know why he had the drops early on. I don't pretend to know the psychology of when to bring him back in. You have to assume that he has done SOMETHING in practice to warrant the starting job
    at the beginning of the season.

If they plan for him to be a part of this offense this season, it makes sense that you bring him back now, Gotta see if he is capable of carrying the load that he was brought in to do, right?

2 things.

1. I don't know the ramifications of playing him vs. getting back our draft pick that we lost due to philly cutting LJ fort. Do we still lose it since he was picked up by the ravens?

2. If they don't bring him back this week, what are they waiting for? This franchise under TOMBERT seems to be terrible at getting rid of a talent they bring in or a draft pick that they make. Embarrassed of their talent evaluations? IDK.

This is just a discussion point. Im don't have the answers. I just think the time is now.. Bring him back, evaluate,, then put him in the line up or move on.

They are too patient with rostered players not just free agents. And yeah I wonder why Mongrief is still rostered. If he is healthy there is no excuse for dropped footballs then right?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following User Likes This Post:

He must have pictures.

I could swear he was in uniform on the sideline either last week or the week before. I believe it was the week JuJu was mic'd up. Maybe you can still wear your uniform when you are a scratch.

He must get a hat, with Washington injured , holton doing nothing (literally), what else do you have to stretch the field?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

As embarrassing as his performance has been so far, heís still a Steeler and we need him now with Washington out. Iím sure drops are not a permanent thing. Get him out there catching a few easy ones to build his confidence and letís put that shit behind him and keep rolling

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime Member

I'll root for him if he's on the field. He needs to step up his game---badly...

Maybe heíll work with Hodges? The Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Washington. Heís not panning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Maybe he’ll work with Hodges? The Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Washington. He’s not panning out.

He catches balls thrown to him

Lifetime Member

Maybe he’ll work with Hodges? The Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Washington. He’s not panning out.

Huh??? Trying to understand your logic...

Moncrief paired w/ Ben, our first string QB was atrocious. The boy couldn't catch water jumping into a pool.

Moncrief paired w/ Rudy, our second string QB proved that Ike Taylor had better hands.

And you're saying...

Moncrief paired w/ Duck will be better because, in your eyes, Duck is better than Rudy???

via GIPHY

There's still time for him to emerge as a productive WR for us and we have to hope it happens but at this point he just looks like another one of our over hyped FA signings. I mean really, he was supposed to be a prototypical NFL WR (big, fast) who was poorly utilized and limited by poor QB play on his other teams. Since he's been a Steeler all I've seen is him dropping 5 yard hitches and playing so poorly that even Tomlin et.al. inactivated him after the first couple games. And my understanding is that our only chance of getting the AJ Fort compensatory pick back was if Philly resigned Fort. Baltimore picking him up has negated the pick.

Play him and if he doesn't improve substantially, cut his ass and bring up Tevin Jones or sign someone else.

Moncrief usually has 1 good game out of 5-6, thats how he stays a pro, so, he's due for one

He got them Wheaton fingers that are all mangled. Guy probably won't ever catch the ball right again

Maybe heíll work with Hodges? The Steelers spent a 2nd round pick on Washington. Heís not panning out.

I'm 100% sure it hasn't been the QB's that have been an issue with Moncrief.

Moncrief needs released by week 10 to get our 3rd round comp pick back.

You mean Sammy Coates fingers?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

I don't even know why they picked him up. He was a letdown in Indianapolis with Andrew Luck throwing him the ball and not much talent other than Ty Hilton. Then he was a letdown in Jacksonville being hurt a lot.

You have to assume that he has done SOMETHING in practice to warrant the starting job
    at the beginning of the season.
    $$$

And coach, as far as I can tell, Washington is right in line with both JuJu and D.J. True, JuJu had that huge catch and run, but honestly aside from that even he's been pretty much a non-factor this year. I wouldn't say Washington has 'busted' at all. He DOES need catchable passes thrown to him.

US Veteran

Just thinking

Moncrief in practice,, no reports of poor catching or anything all thru camp... now hes disappeared off the radar it seems... where are the reporters.?

questionable choices since he got here maybe, he missed all ota, then 2 wseeks of camp, I think he fingered a hefty gal and broke a bone in his band as the 1st game he catch and fumbled and tomlin sent him to bench. then we know all the eggs from week 1 & wk 2, if he makes that catch the way mason was playing who knows who bete lousy pete.
    dress him instead of Holton if james cant go.