Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devlin “Ducky” Hodges Official Prediction Thread....

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    So the go to pimp on Hodges is him breaking McNair's passing records?

So I guess Mason and his 54 school records, ranking 4th in yardage all time in big 12 history, passing yards per game 3rd all time are pretty damn good. Not to mention the fact he won the Johnny Unitas golden arm award, Sammy Baugh award, etc.

I hope hodges plays well, I hope we win. But this pimping of him like he's heads and shoulders (funny because he's 5 inches shorter) above Mason is laughable. There's a reason he was undrafted...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Careful, Zack will not approve of this statement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I could care less what Duck puts up statistically as long as it comes with a win.
    16-28, 170 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

20-34 236 yards. 2 TD, 1 interception. 3 rushes 12 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by insaniti View Post
    So the go to pimp on Hodges is him breaking McNair's passing records?

So I guess Mason and his 54 school records, ranking 4th in yardage all time in big 12 history, passing yards per game 3rd all time are pretty damn good. Not to mention the fact he won the Johnny Unitas golden arm award, Sammy Baugh award, etc.

I hope hodges plays well, I hope we win. But this pimping of him like he's heads and shoulders (funny because he's 5 inches shorter) above Mason is laughable. There's a reason he was undrafted...

Thank you! I read about him AND Washington's record breaking duo. He does have credentials beyond what has been thrown about by the majority of SteelerNation. I'm trying to stay humbly hopeful about his future here because I think he has the right stuff.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Oh yeah Devlin...18-30 245 2 tds 1 forced fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin View Post
    Oh yeah Devlin...18-30 245 2 tds 1 forced fumble.
    I like this and that sounds attainable. If the boys toting the rock have a good day, we're gonna be looking good.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    I like this and that sounds attainable. If the boys toting the rock have a good day, we're gonna be looking good.
    I mean it is possible.

What they have:

A shitty O-line that just took a hit with Pouncey being IR'd.
    A shitty Run D that likes to give up yards.

You win football games often in the trenches.

If Duck Duck dodges giving the football to the opposing team, I like our chances.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Devlin “Ducky” Hodges Official Prediction Thread....

17/27 218 yards, 1 TD
    5 carries for 33 yards and 1 TD and 2pt conv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about having all of the odds stacked against you in your first NFL start. What he has is the element of surprise. There is next to nothing of film on him.

It will take a collective team effort.

San Diego is about to get hit with a collective buzz saw.

Just a hunch.

I think the biggest difference between the two QBs is that the Duck throws the ball anticipating where the receiver will be while Rudoplh waits for the receiver to get open before he throws. Duck's style works better long term in the NFL but with our unreliable inexperienced WRs there will be growing pains as interceptions due to receiver error in route running, etc .

Duck goes 18-33 254 yards and 1 TD.

I say 250yrds 2tds 2ints

Mason is the better long term prospect but Duck may be the better guy to win right now. Rudolph is being groomed to be a franchise QB. Ben went down and the weight of the franchise was put on him. You can tell that he plays with a bit of hesitation. His head must be spinning with all the film he's been watching and the full playbook.

Then you have Hodges who gets to play without all that pressure. He gets to grip it and rip it.

It's like 2 guys playing head to head in Poker. Hodges won a trip to Vegas and is playing with house money so he can be aggressive. Rudolph is playing with the rent money so he plays tight.

Hodges reminds me of Matt McGloin. He has nerve and makes plays but may not have the arm talent to be a starter.

I hope Hodges doesn't have a bunch of attempts. The Chargers run defense is bad, Steelers should run the ball a ton in this game.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I feel like Hodges could have a Tommy Maddox moment in this game. He might just wake up this offense. We'll see.

Kid graduated from high school & college both just up the road from me & graduated with my wife's younger ( very much younger ) cousin. Rooting for him big time. If there was ever a year to lose Ben to injury, this is it. I think he will perform really well for his first start. Ultimately, I don't care as long as we get the W. I believe he will contribute to that effort...

60% completion percentage, around 250 yards, 2 TD's, one int for being cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post

Then you have Hodges who gets to play without all that pressure. He gets to grip it and rip it.

It's like 2 guys playing head to head in Poker. Hodges won a trip to Vegas and is playing with house money so he can be aggressive. Rudolph is playing with the rent money so he plays tight.
    Pretty astute obsevation, which is exactly why I say Mason has looked like a stiff. He's playing with the rent money and is scared. You can't play scared. Hodges is gonna be all over the media next week...WATCH

I predict you won’t see much of a difference from the QB play we’ve seen from the Steelers all year.

22-33 240 yds 2 TD 0 intc 3 rushes 50 yards

JUJU 11 rec 150 yds

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Mason is the better long term prospect but Duck may be the better guy to win right now. Rudolph is being groomed to be a franchise QB. Ben went down and the weight of the franchise was put on him. You can tell that he plays with a bit of hesitation. His head must be spinning with all the film he's been watching and the full playbook.

Hodges reminds me of Matt McGloin. He has nerve and makes plays but may not have the arm talent to be a starter.

I hope Hodges doesn't have a bunch of attempts. The Chargers run defense is bad, Steelers should run the ball a ton in this game.

Totally hear you on the RUN it this game. San Diego is weak against the run and I hope our coaching doesn't do the opposite thinking they can fool em. We need a solid patient run game with miss direction and FB lead. Also that will set up the play action which in turn sets duck up for better passing successsssssss. Duck and team need to step u but don't forget that the COACHING needs to as well !

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Totally hear you on the RUN it this game. San Diego is weak against the run and I hope our coaching doesn't do the opposite thinking they can fool em. We need a solid patient run game with miss direction and FB lead. Also that will set up the play action which in turn sets duck up for better passing successsssssss. Duck and team need to step u but don't forget that the COACHING needs to as well !

Salute the nation
    So we will probably do the exact opposite. It is not against the law to use a FB. Speaking of that. What is up with Rosie? Hasn't played at all this year. Better get another bulldozer in his place.

QUACK, QUACK, The Duck drops back....Let er rip baby
    Last edited by SteveA; 10-13-2019 at 11:06 AM.