Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVERAGE salary of the

AVERAGE salary of the

XFL player will be around the $55,000.00 . They are also saying on rooster Dec. 2019 through April 25, 2020. ALSO can accept a NFL contract at anytime. XFL players are hoping this is a stepping league to NFL play.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...Jm4?li=BBnb7Kz

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

Smart move by XFL to allow them to accept an NFL contract. This sounds like it could definitely catch on. They’ll get the top talent that isn’t in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk is they pay college eligible elite players more to draw them out early to play.

Salute the nation

Most INtelligent Poster

read the great Sammie Coates joined the XFL draft pool

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    I heard there is a great possibility at his fingers going undrafted.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I’m in.

I want a team of all Sumo wrestlers on offense, never even attempt one pass...it would be brilliant marketing and the only problem is the team would likely dominate the new league

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    $55k might be enough for AB to pay his legal fees.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji Mariner View Post
    I want a team of all Sumo wrestlers on offense, never even attempt one pass...it would be brilliant marketing and the only problem is the team would likely dominate the new league
    I prefer teams of hot women naked from butthole to titshow. With that thought you don't fix the fields. You let them get muddy. Hose them down a hour prior to each game, and you never tarp them off. We are talking Urban Cowgirl mudpit. I mean who cares who wins or loses then right?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

Kind of makes you wonder "how much does a $1,000,000.00 watch cost AB"

Well the ticket for air fair and motel room for the multiple nights in France (I think that's were he got it)
    Let's say 10grand for him and family

You'd think 1 mil for the watch but he shot out a couple adds for them so they were a sponsor, PLUS did he pay or JACK them like so many others.. Let's say he returned it but had a penalty fee (which he never paid) of $80,000.00.

His leagal fees on this matter alone $20,000.00

Add it all up and I bet he will have a judgement of 80-110 grand and no watch.

Billionaire life on a millionaire......Ooopps....... Unemployed salary

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji Mariner View Post
    Refrigerator Perry toting the rock

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

who?

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Several AFL players made NFL rosters. Expect the same from XFL.

I think the real agenda of the XFL is not to compete with the NFL but to become an affiliated farm system. College football used to be adequate for this but not anymore. Fewer and fewer college coaches are teaching what used to be called "pro style" football.

OL play is a joke in college now. Very few OL come out that can do anything but pass pro for about 2 seconds which is about all they needed to do before their QB throws to a wide open guy.

A bunch of coaches even down to the high school level realized that if you lose low scoring games, you get fired but if you lose the same amount of high scoring games, you get praised as a genius offensive mind.

Also look at what seems to be the inevitable scaling back of preseason NFL football for more regular season games and the need for another league is even greater.

The XFL knows they failed last time because they went for gimmicks. The league ultimately failed because the football wasn't good enough. The AFL was thrown together too quickly. The teams had only practiced together a couple of weeks before they started playing games on TV and it looked awful. Most people tuned out. But the quality of play actually improved by week 4. Then the league collapsed financially.

The XFL has solid financial backing and it appears they will have a better pool of talent.

What was the average salary last time in the XFL? Whatever that number was it needs to be much smaller this time around.

The XFL can do things the NFL can't or won't. Such as bringing kickoffs back into the fold by moving the kickoff line back to where it was.

Allowing football to be played the way it was. Throwing fewer flags against the offense for holds and fewer flags against the defense for big hits. I think the fans would like this.

Since most practice squad NFL players make over 55k a year, the XFL will draw its talent from cut NFL year 1-3 players who didn't make the practice squad that want one more shot to play professional football.

Not even close!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    who?
    He’s on first

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    He’s on first
    What?

Can they recruit high school players rather than have them go to college and pretend to attend classes? How many high school football players want to actually attend college? Eighteen year old being paid 40K to play football instead of going to college and putting money in the college's pocket, why not?

Papillon

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What was the average salary last time in the XFL? Whatever that number was it needs to be much smaller this time around.

The XFL can do things the NFL can't or won't. Such as bringing kickoffs back into the fold by moving the kickoff line back to where it was.

Allowing football to be played the way it was. Throwing fewer flags against the offense for holds and fewer flags against the defense for big hits. I think the fans would like this.

Since most practice squad NFL players make over 55k a year, the XFL will draw its talent from cut NFL year 1-3 players who didn't make the practice squad that want one more shot to play professional football.

The NFL has already copied the XFL in one of the camera uses. Also the XFL isn't planing on stoping play to sort out a flag (which will be thrown even less). They are going to instill a "officiate on the fly" sort of thingy. You got it right, XFL isn't going to look anything like the first go around and even VINCE McMann has a HUGE pile of his own money involved in this.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Can they recruit high school players rather than have them go to college and pretend to attend classes? How many high school football players want to actually attend college? Eighteen year old being paid 40K to pay football instead of going to college and putting money in the college's pocket, why not?

Papillon

I doubt actual 18 year old high school players but they have said they will try to recruit younger college players of better talent. Thus they plan on higher play for bigger talent at earlier ages. The NFL has a three year rule on recruitment and I think the XFL is going less than that, like sophomores in college with talent, not just watered down players.

Salute the nation
    Last edited by Drink IRON City; 10-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.