Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens trade for Peters from Rams for LB

Ravens trade for Peters from Rams for LB

Trying to make sense of why the Rams did this. Ravens get a solid CB in this deal... damn

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...2sLxNdNVns_wHs

strange trade for Rams for sure. Article alludes to some possible cap implications. Rams spent a ton on some guys these last couple of seasons. Perhaps some internal issue not known outside the Rams offices. Who knows, but Ravens got the better end of that deal I think.

Rams just lost their other starting CB for the year, makes no sense at all

Looking at this on the surface, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Rams lost Aqib Talib for season and they are comfortable trading away Peters. Shows you what they think of him. I’m glad the Ravens didn’t land Patrick Peterson or Jalen Ramsey.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Playoff bound teams looking to grab one year rentals before FA trade deadline coming up.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Meh, he gets beat a lot. and for the int he does make, he not worth it. he's been a headcase since he came into the league. I believe that's why the Chiefs traded him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Playoff bound teams looking to grab one year rentals before FA trade deadline coming up.
    That's why the Steelers made those moves for Fitzpatrick & Vannett. Championship, baby!

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    That's why the Steelers made those moves for Fitzpatrick & Vannett. Championship, baby!

They sold the farm and cashed in all their chips for Minkah, hardly a one year rental

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    They sold the farm and cashed in all their chips for Minkah, hardly a one year rental
    1 draft pick isn't selling the farm.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    1 draft pick isn't selling the farm.
    You're right, in the NFL #1 draft picks are worth two farms, and all the cattle, lol

He's overrated and as another poster stated he gets beat a lot. And the Rams who are still in contention in the NFC west are obviously satisfied with his replacement.

Peters must have truly been a pain in the ass in that Rams locker room for them to tradehim away. So he's been traded twice now, and he hasnt even reached the end of his rookie contract yet....not a good look

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Aaaaaaaand now we know why the Rams were okay with sending Peters to Baltimore: Jags trade Ramsey to the Rams.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/rep...234538328.html

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    Peters must have truly been a pain in the ass in that Rams locker room for them to tradehim away. So he's been traded twice now, and he hasnt even reached the end of his rookie contract yet....not a good look
    No shit, right? I mean Andy Reid seems like a pretty easy guy to get along with and will tolerate some bullshit (Tyreek Hill comes to mind), so he must be a real pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    Aaaaaaaand now we know why the Rams were okay with sending Peters to Baltimore: Jags trade Ramsey to the Rams.

Peters is average at best. He’s not helping that shit ravens defense much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben Rules View Post
    Meh, he gets beat a lot. and for the int he does make, he not worth it. he's been a headcase since he came into the league. I believe that's why the Chiefs traded him in the first place.
    I agree. Guy looked great first couple years in the league but seems to have fallen off. Not a shut down CB IMO.

Lifetime Member

No opinion on Peters. He was a stud his first two years....

The Ravens needed him because Jimmy Smith's injury.

I don't like the Jags trade to the Rams - since we have to play them later this year. Ramsey is still top-shelf...

im confused the Rams trade peters then give up 2 firsts for Ramsey. seems like a sideways at best move