Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Mark Barron

Mark Barron

https://www.steelers.com/news/i-want-to-be-that-light

He's someone that is easy to root for. Good guy, big heart. Hope he succeeds in B&G.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I hope he succeeds with minimal playing time.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Godbless Mark Barron

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Barron should see the field only on 3rd and long exclusively covering TEs

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Great to have guys like that on our team, hope he succeeds.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Roll Tide; Go Steelers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Roll Tide; Go Steelers!!!

Why do you always turn this into a fucking BAMA thingy..................................... J/K yaz

Barron is a good guy but he needs to play from snap of ball to through the whistle on every play. He is NOT the only one though as I've seen more and more players, league wide, taking snaps off.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Vince Williams is the better player, and yes he's not a 3rd down guy.

this why a formation of 3-3-5 can utilize all the LB's or3-4-3 with bush/barron asa lb/s
    you kick now with tuitt done in certain nickel sets watt to DE put Heyward atr DT and Hargrave at the other side asa DE/DT and on 1 side you overload Vince with Dupree to blityz in the middle for coverage you have bush and barron
    and say a 3-3-5
    DE Watt
    dt Tyson/Mcullers
    DE heyward
    OLB Dupree
    MLB Bush
    OLB/S barron
    CB haden
    CB nelson
    S Edmonds
    S minkah

Barron still has to prove himself when he gets healthy again. He flat out sucked the first two games and then showed some in the 3rd game before he got injured. The D has looked much better with Williams and Bush in there. Bush has the speed and Williams brings the lumber in the middle. Those two might remain as the starters with Barron coming in for some sub-packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    Godbless Mark Barron

A-N-D

I hope one day he realizes he is playing for the BLACK & GOLD, not that pussy ass team of black n yellow !!!

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Barron still has to prove himself when he gets healthy again. He flat out sucked the first two games and then showed some in the 3rd game before he got injured. The D has looked much better with Williams and Bush in there. Bush has the speed and Williams brings the lumber in the middle. Those two might remain as the starters with Barron coming in for some sub-packages.
    So wait... is it possible that a guy gets better as he gets more comfortable? Just asking... lol

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    So wait... is it possible that a guy gets better as he gets more comfortable? Just asking... lol
    New scheme can take a little time to get comfy in, easier for some to just say he sucks..

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    New scheme can take a little time to get comfy in, easier for some to just say he sucks..
    When fans see a guy loafing it after allowing a reception in while in coverage it's pretty hard to be complimentary of that player.

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Sure, it's possible but did you watch him the 1st 2 games? He wasn't even trying. He looked 10 steps behind, slow to react, slow pursing and put no effort in. Getting comfortable is one thing but looking as bad as he did is another.
    Last edited by TDX27; 10-19-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    When fans see a guy loafing it after allowing a reception in while in coverage it's pretty hard to be complimentary of that player.
    Yeah I love that Mark Barron story, inspiring and seems like a great guy off the field, but when I see him loafing around multiple times on the football field while he gets a veterans day off every week while he 'learns the playbook', I'm wanting to see him on that field as little as possible. Now he did show much more effort in the Raven's game, but some coach must've rightly got in his ear over that BS.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Yeah I love that Mark Barron story, inspiring and seems like a great guy off the field, but when I see him loafing around multiple times on the football field while he gets a veterans day off every week while he 'learns the playbook', I'm wanting to see him on that field as little as possible. Now he did show much more effort in the Raven's game, but some coach must've rightly got in his ear over that BS.
    Also, Vince Williams is a much better player and the defense got better when Barron went out of the lineup. I want Barron to succeed because we signed him, but I think they put too much on his plate. I want Barron to be the situational guy out there, not Williams or Bush.

That whole story is a sad reminder of the lack of direction that these kids have to suffer through. No mention of how his grades were while seeing for the first time that college was possible. No mention of any life goals or aspirations beyond playing sports. What happens to young Barron if he has a debilitating injury in college..or even HS for that matter. The reality of life is that so few people actually get into the NFL let alone get to make enough money to support themselves for the rest of their lives that it is really a pipe dream at best for most kids.

Instead of being made aware of the need for social skills and job training, they are encouraged to depend on a long shot, short term plan to play a game for big money while still struggling to be able to string together an intelligible sentence and nobody seems to care.

I guess that gone are the days when Coach Chas has you getting ready for your ' life's work ' as part of the game plan. A plan that should have been started in elementary school.

OK my rant is over....peace out !

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

SteelChip, you hit the nail on the head. School is hard work and a long haul. GREED can drive parents / brothers / sisters / relatives all towards that magical payout. Add in the single parent aspect and yes, it becomes an ALL or NOTHING life. I don't have the answers but a lot of NFL players have had access to proper schooling but somewhere along the way neglected to capitalize on it. NFL is greed money which dictates ability of player to pay directly. This causes the entitlement issues as the ranks bring the talented up regardless of what has to be forgiven along the way. CRAPPY society fallout due to NFL hunger.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    this why a formation of 3-3-5 can utilize all the LB's or3-4-3 with bush/barron asa lb/s you kick now with tuitt done in certain nickel sets watt to DE put Heyward atr DT and Hargrave at the other side asa DE/DT and on 1 side you overload Vince with Dupree to blityz in the middle for coverage you have bush and barron and say a 3-3-5
    Err....what?