Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wild Card at Best

Saving the season is winning 7 games and staying out of the top ten picks.

Playing the Bengals every week, obviously

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Says a guy with the high school education probably suck in a DOD job. I already provided enough content, we play a lot of bad teams that will be picking in the top ten. I post a lot less than I used to on weekdays because I'm busy. You're being a troll. That might be something that comes natural to you.
    You have no idea what my education level is, but everyone knows your football intelligence is preschool level. And try to keep it simple stupid this is a football discussion. I am far from being a troll. You are all over the board with your inability to grasp the simple. You post a lot less well the shit you do post don't expect others to do your research for you. Try hard to soak it that in you fly by night fruitpop.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by slashsteel; 10-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    She said, "Love me, " so I love her
    She said, "Leave me, " so I left
    Then I went to Pittsburgh
    And I ain't never comin' back

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Our schedule. Does anyone want to tally up the combined record of our opponents? We probably have five games left to be played vs teams that will picking in the top 10 of the 2020 draft. All we need to do is beat the very bad team, without a slip up, and a wild card birth is not out of the question.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG/Steelers
    Plus the better teams we play at home.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
    Put down the crack pipe on any playoff talk. This isn't a playoff team
    Chances were marginal BEFORE Ben and then Tuitt got hurt.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I don’t know how good Rudolph is. My only issue is fans claiming Duck is so much better even though both are running the same short passing dump off offense, and the stats are ridiculously similar. Duck may indeed be better. Just not sure how you’d know for sure at this point.
    Neither are great but what was great with Hodges in the game is the Steelers fixed their running game by putting Hodges under center and letting the OL get into a three point stance and just fire off the ball. We will stupidly go back to putting Randolph in the shotgun and his lack of mobility again kills us in both phases of the game.

US Veteran

the #1 key to saving this season is,,,,,

you never posting here again.

I believe the key to saving the season is winning.

Sorry, no link.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

WE NEED TO START HITTING......Everybody needs to get their damn head out of their ass & start knocking some people on their asses.

The Defense needs to start hitting the snot out of people, the Running Backs need to start hitting some holes, our Quarterbacks need to start hitting some receivers, & our fucking receivers need to start hitting some God Damn homeruns....

And Steeler Nation? Fuck, we need to start hitting some whiney ass mother fuckers up in here.....

Most INtelligent Poster

Says a guy with the high school education probably suck in a DOD job. I already provided enough content, we play a lot of bad teams that will be picking in the top ten. I post a lot less than I used to on weekdays because I'm busy. You're being a troll. That might be something that comes natural to you.
    fucktard...you start a thread and ask if anyone else wants to add up the records or our opponents and you then want to try and act superior to other posters?

fuck off you lazy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    You made the thread, it is your convo you do the math work. Man your whole existence screams lazy. Lazy NFL game watcher, lazy college film watcher. Lazy draftnik, lazy player evaluator. Well at least you are consistent. Need help tying your shoes? Buy velcro.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Everyone sees it but himself

My only realistic hope for this season is that the *Pats don't win the Super Bowl. My pie in the sky hope is that they don't make it in at all. This isn't going to be a Steelers year and if I'm wrong on that I'll be the happiest MFer on this board.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    My only realistic hope for this season is that the *Pats don't win the Super Bowl. My pie in the sky hope is that they don't make it in at all. This isn't going to be a Steelers year and if I'm wrong on that I'll be the happiest MFer on this board.
    Unless Brady gets hurt and half the defense forgets to come to the playoff game I see no way they don't at least get to another SB. The only team IMHO that can beat them is the Saints. No AFC team is even going to slow them down.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Unless Brady gets hurt and half the defense forgets to come to the playoff game I see no way they don't at least get to another SB. The only team IMHO that can beat them is the Saints. No AFC team is even going to slow them down.
    And the last two seasons the refs found ways to keep NO out of the Super Bowl.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition to drunkenness among the common people; but that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776

I feel bad about this but every snap of the ball last night I was hoping someone broke bradys leg.
    That is horrible to think that way but I can help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    I feel bad about this but every snap of the ball last night I was hoping someone broke bradys leg.
    I think this is a natural biological reaction. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you feel the urge to act on it in which case you will need to talk with someone with professional expertise such as Guido with the Mob.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Yeah, you got issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Hey, you can't post that, you're going to steal my name tag of "local pessimist"
    I thought is was Pessimist Prime!

So here we are a few weeks later and it looks even more like Wild Card at best. And yes we will need to win these games: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Bengals, One of the Browns games and either Rams or Cards. The Bills game will probably be the most important one... I think we have a pretty good shot if we can protect the ball and improve the red zone offense production...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

My perspective on the season - Basically - the pressure is off:

1. Honestly, given the injury to BB and after the debacle of last year, I think this is a .500 team plus or minus 1 which is right where we are.

2. We do have some very "winnable" games left on the schedule and we do have an outside chance to make the playoffs. If we do come thru and make the playoffs, IMO it means we will have over achieved and Rudolph and the offense will have shown some serious growth over the course of the season which will bode well for the future.

3. We don't even have to worry about the annual whining about the team being mediocre and not being good enough to win a SB but not being lousy enough to get a good draft pick because we have already traded our #1 pick to get a young stud FS who has already made a big difference for the defense and should be a star for us for years to come. We need to add some speed on offense at the skill positions in next years draft but we can do that with the picks we have.

So I'm gonna try and not worry about the little crap anymore. I think we are at best a 9-7 team though I am hoping for more. All I want to see from here on out is progress - especially on offense.