Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much more do YOU need to see

How much more do YOU need to see

I was ok with them drafting Rudolph when they did thinking Ďok letís give home a chanceí see how he does. Well, itís been long enough for me to tell that he will be an average QB at best. I mean the great ones you can usually tell by now. What do yíall think?

I think what makes me give pause is the amount of injuries this offense seems to collect every week. How do you build any continuity? Yeah, Mason *seems* limited, but constantly missing starters is tough on any QB. I mean, losing DJ, JuJu and Connor last game is gonna expose weaknesses in just about any system. Plus, given that, it forces the staff to change how they operate week to week and not just opponent based. No clue who's available this week so...?

Lived through the 80's and not concerned. Not everyone gets a trophy.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

If you want a statue dropping back for you every Sunday who plays scared, holds onto the ball too long, & has a popgun for an arm, than Mason is your man...

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    If you want a statue dropping back for you every Sunday who plays scared, holds onto the ball too long, & has a popgun for an arm, than Mason is your man...
    Agreed. As I stated previously, I think he is still shaken up by the knockout against the Rats. He plays scared and is inaccurate as fuck.

Eli Manning looked awful his rookie year, but i have not seen flashes of brilliance from mason

All the greats show something out the gate. This guy is in his 3rd year. He is not the answer

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    Eli Manning looked awful his rookie year, but i have not seen flashes of brilliance from mason
    Eli looked better even though his numbers werenít good. Eli could move around some and had stronger arm. Rudolph just looks awkward and immobile, his football is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rings View Post
    All the greats show something out the gate. This guy is in his 3rd year. He is not the answer
    Actually this is year number 2.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    Part of that is that every really amazing potential play except like four have had the wr drop it or misplay it... and on one of those good plays he got knocked the fuck out...

Iíll keep defending him until he reaches the point where typically if qbs havenít done enough to improve they arenít going to. Last game was his first truly bad game and next game is the first team he is facing for the second time... it will tell a lot about him...

Pretty hard when you can't help but compare him to a QB who is top ten in most passing categories all time.

Pick up Tua with our 2nd rd pick, dont even hesitate

This year is over

Ben will be back and red nose is not our future

Obviously
    Last edited by Spike; 11-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

This was the first game he didn't have the defense save him and he wasn't able to dump the ball off 10+times. So this was his first bad game, meaning his previous games weren't bad, yet everyone bashes the RB's, WR's and OL, how is that possible if his previous 5 or 6 starts weren't bad, but his OL, RB's, and WR's suck?

Every ball he throws that's over 20 yards is under thrown, like I said, he throws a great PI ball. He's had guys open and missed or not thrown to them. Not saying he's horrible or never going to be any good, but he's been in this system for over a year and a half, so spare me the "this is only his 7th start or whatever" he knows the offense, he just hasn't shown anything to make you think, this guy might be able to take over for Ben.
    I agree he's had passes dropped, but go back and look at some of those, the drop by JuJu vs Miami that resulted in an INT I believe. Watch that play again, JuJu run his route turns, plants his feet and is expecting that ball right in his body, but the ball his high and wide, forcing him to lunge at it, he did get his hands on it and should've caught it, but if that ball is where it's supposed to be, it's no picked, even if it is dropped.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Blah, blah, blah...... how many threads are there going to be about this? Read the comments in those and then post something new and maybe I'll respond again. LOL.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Pick up Tua with our 2nd rd pick, dont even hesitate

This year is over

Ben will be back and red nose is not our future

Obviously
    Tua is going to slide but I doubt that far. But, if he does, you would have to grab him. The dude is a tremendous talent. My only concern with him are the 2 injuries this year. I know it's a freak thing but I believe he broke at least 2 bones this year and his about to have his 2nd surgery. Does the kid have a bone condition that is currently undiagnosed? I am sure teams are going to want to know a lot more before the draft about him.

blah blah blah
    At least the 20 new 'Minkah is magic' theads a day have seem to have disappeared, lol

I think we are finally seeing the stereotypical ideal prototype of NFL quarterback evolving to include scrambling ability and pocket mobility to be fundamentally necessary whereas in the past QBs lacking it like Peyton and Eli could still excel. I see zero of it from Rudolph which is why I donít thinks heís right for our future. If defenses have no fear of you leaving the pocket, it gives them a significant advantage schematically.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Actually this is year number 2.
    And he's playing like shit.

Steelers are terrible at developing QB prospects, u either come in with the goods or u stay a bum here.

I do not think Rudolph is the guy. But he is right now. Maybe they add another arm next camp. Ben, mason, duck plus udfa? Does Lynch get an invitation?