Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kerrith Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmann View Post
    The great Barry Sanders.....listed at 203#,Christian McCaffrey listed at 203. I am not saying he is as great as these guys. But that weight has certainly been proven to be successful.
    And Muggsy Bouges played in the NBA at 5'3". You can always find outliers that defy the odds. There are plenty of examples of lack of success. I think durability, ball security, blitz pickups, and gut runs are all valid concerns. But, we are splitting hairs here because there are very few "perfect" players. I don't think anyone here thinks the guy isn't going to be successful or doesn't want to see more of him. I know I want to see more of him - best afterburner in the backfield we haven't seen since Willie Parker. Damn right I want him to excel.

Esteemed Throbbing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Great point.
    This is a Steeler board though, the same fans that get excited over Fatbacks like Duece Staley and Legarette Blount.
    While showing no love for the speedsters like Fast Willie Parker.

Size doesn't mean everything, sometimes it means nothing like in Parker's case. At
    At 5'10, 209 he was super durable for the better part of 3 seasons and was leading the league in rushing before he got hurt in week 15, (2007). Ahead of Ladanian Tomlinson and some other very good RBs.
    Alot of the greats were smaller, Tomlinson, Lesean Mccoy, Frank Gore are all considered undersized backs.

James Conner is listed at 6-2 233, he's always injured and runs with no power?

I want to see what Whyte is all about, I know its a small sample size but a 4.2 40yard dash is unbelievably rare in this league.
    As Parker showed us speed kills, imagine Parker 2.0?
    I know that never going to happen but that doesn't mean Whyte can't have a successful career, and help the Steelers.
    you forgot Walter Payton, 5'10", 200lbs of Sweetness.