Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben vs. Duck: Can Hodges really take Steelers to Super Bowl?

Just sign the damn petition!

Petition Wants To Bring Back The Giant Duck In Honor Of 'Duck' Hodges

'The people of Pittsburgh demand Mayor Peduto to return the legendary Rubber Ducky'

The petition on the website says “The people of Pittsburgh (aka Yinzers, aka Stiller Gang aka Steelers Nation) demand Mayor Peduto to return the legendary Rubber Ducky of 2013 to the Allegheny River in honor of Devlin "Duck" Hodges.

We need 100,000 signatures to show the city we mean business.”

https://kdkaradio.radio.com/articles...-to-honor-duck

The Following User Likes This Post:

NFL CHANNEL special report tonight, all about THE DUCK, the LEGEND grows!

Anything is possible. I'm super cautiously kinda sorta optimistic that..... No

One game at a fucking time. They could get train wrecked next week vs the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Just sign the damn petition!

Petition Wants To Bring Back The Giant Duck In Honor Of 'Duck' Hodges

'The people of Pittsburgh demand Mayor Peduto to return the legendary Rubber Ducky'

The petition on the website says “The people of Pittsburgh (aka Yinzers, aka Stiller Gang aka Steelers Nation) demand Mayor Peduto to return the legendary Rubber Ducky of 2013 to the Allegheny River in honor of Devlin "Duck" Hodges.

We need 100,000 signatures to show the city we mean business.”

https://kdkaradio.radio.com/articles...-to-honor-duck
    I got a picture of this thing when I went to a game in 2013. This should be parked right outside the stadium on the river

A lot of Steeler fans blame Tomlin for the recent playoff failures when in reality it was Big Ben trying to be John Wayne out there. Many fail to realize that even tho Ben is great he tends to ignore the coaches gameplan, and it has killed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks56 View Post
    A lot of Steeler fans blame Tomlin for the recent playoff failures when in reality it was Big Ben trying to be John Wayne out there. Many fail to realize that even tho Ben is great he tends to ignore the coaches gameplan, and it has killed us.
    LMAO!!!!!!
    We only scored 42 points vs Jacksonville and lost
    Ben came back in the playoff game at Cincy, after Burfict took a dirty hit on him, then Jones came in and shit the bed. Everyone says Burfict lost that game for Cincy, but don't forget Ben, hurt, led the Steelers into Cincy territory before Burfict happened.
    Then without AB and Bell, threw for 300+ at Denver vs the defense that shut Brady and Newton down, only to lose because Touisannt fumbled.
    Tebow, threw for 331 yards on 10 completions and score 29 points on us.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!
    We only scored 42 points vs Jacksonville and lost
    Ben came back in the playoff game at Cincy, after Burfict took a dirty hit on him, then Jones came in and shit the bed. Everyone says Burfict lost that game for Cincy, but don't forget Ben, hurt, led the Steelers into Cincy territory before Burfict happened.
    Then without AB and Bell, threw for 300+ at Denver vs the defense that shut Brady and Newton down, only to lose because Touisannt fumbled.
    Tebow, threw for 331 yards on 10 completions and score 29 points on us.
    You never learn.. It's always Ben's fault. Just think how many SBs Tomlin would have won if he didn't have the weight of Ben around his neck. They would have re-named the Lombardi Trophy the Tomlin Trophy. Ben should obviously be cut immediately so that the SB winning can start.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Baltimore barely threw the ball in those playoffs, the only pass play I remember was the quick slant to Sharpe in the AFC title game at Oakland, that he ended up running for like 94 yards for a TD. In those 4 post season games, I'd be surprised if Dilfer completed a total of 40 passes or even attempted 75 passes combined.
    Well shit, you're right. But do you think Duck can hit these numbers made by Dilfer to win a Superbowl:

WC 9-14-0-130 1TD
    Div 5-16-0-117 Blocked FG TD, INT TD
    AFCC 9-18-1-190 1TD 3 FGs
    SB 12-25-0-153 1TD INT TD, KR TD 2 FGs

You think Duck can do this? I think he can better these numbers.

The only way Duck takes the Steelers to the Super Bowl is in a bus. Love the guy and what he is doing, but there are too many top tier QBs with solid teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Well shit, you're right. But do you think Duck can hit these numbers made by Dilfer to win a Superbowl:

WC 9-14-0-130 1TD
    Div 5-16-0-117 Blocked FG TD, INT TD
    AFCC 9-18-1-190 1TD 3 FGs
    SB 12-25-0-153 1TD INT TD, KR TD 2 FGs

You think Duck can do this? I think he can better these numbers.
    Unpossible and inreasonable... utter nonsense... we should just pack it in now, guys!

Super Bowl? Absolutely, I mean look at all the likely playoff teams they've beaten so far this year...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

And this team's defense is pretty good, and improving, but they are NOT the 2000 Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks56 View Post
    No one will ever take anything you say serious after posts like this... idiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Super Bowl? Absolutely, I mean look at all the likely playoff teams they've beaten so far this year...
    Duck did just beat the preseason super bowl champs... lol

Ben vs Duck, really, I thought only the fans calling into sports talk radio in Pittsburgh were making stupid comments. I can't read the entire article, so I'm assuming it's just comparing 2004 to 2019, but there's people calling in saying they need to cut Ben, Duck is the future, blah, blah.
    Duck is managing the games fine, you put a healthy Ben with this defense, and we're winning games like Sunday 37-10, or when we get 6 turnovers from San Fran, we turn those into a pile of points instead of just 6.
    This is what was maddening about the team. We were unable to put teams away even with Ben in there. So you cant just say Ben would do this or that. Of course Ben is a better QB and he has had some monster games, but the offense has faltered many many times w/ a much more stacked team than we have now. The line and running game have also seriously regressed this year which does our new QBs no favors.

Ben vs Duck, really, I thought only the fans calling into sports talk radio in Pittsburgh were making stupid comments. I can't read the entire article, so I'm assuming it's just comparing 2004 to 2019, but there's people calling in saying they need to cut Ben, Duck is the future, blah, blah.
    Duck is managing the games fine, you put a healthy Ben with this defense, and we're winning games like Sunday 37-10, or when we get 6 turnovers from San Fran, we turn those into a pile of points instead of just 6.
    The problem is with Ben's huge salary, we may lose key defensive players in FA during the off season, so Ben may not be playing with the same defense when he comes back. Unless he's willing to adjust his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    This is what was maddening about the team. We were unable to put teams away even with Ben in there. So you cant just say Ben would do this or that. Of course Ben is a better QB and he has had some monster games, but the offense has faltered many many times w/ a much more stacked team than we have now. The line and running game have also seriously regressed this year which does our new QBs no favors.
    Uhhhh, the defense gave up 5 4th quarter leads last year. Hard to put teams away when the defense can't close out a game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers1356 View Post
    The problem is with Ben's huge salary, we may lose key defensive players in FA during the off season, so Ben may not be playing with the same defense when he comes back. Unless he's willing to adjust his salary.
    Like who?

Uhhhh, the defense gave up 5 4th quarter leads last year. Hard to put teams away when the defense can't close out a game.

we also gave up a few 4th quarter leads this year. The point is the Steelers usually play really close games and in the past games we should have won comfortably turned into nail biters or losses. Alot of that was due to our high powered offense being inept for the majority of the game. We just let teams hang around

Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    we also gave up a few 4th quarter leads this year. The point is the Steelers usually play really close games and in the past games we should have won comfortably turned into nail biters or losses. Alot of that was due to our high powered offense being inept for the majority of the game. We just let teams hang around
    Our defense has been ass since like 2010, you know like giving up 40 some points to Blake Bortles and the jags at home in the playoffs.
    So the defense is allowed to give up leads, the offense has to keep scoring, but we can't ask the defense to stop teams.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast