Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Formal Apology to Mike Tomlin

A Formal Apology to Mike Tomlin

By Logan Leslie SteelerNation.com I, as many fans have been very critical of Pittsburgh Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin throughout the last few seasons. I have noted in previous articles his failure to coach the team up against below average competition, the teamís lack of discipline and poor defensive performances, among other facets of the […]

More...

Oh man, this thread has potential...to reach "The Archer Zone"

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

much like a very intelligent poster said in another thread. Tomlin is far from perfect but you would have to be a closed minded fucktard not to agree he has done a great job of keeping this team focused and motivated to play. They could have easily folded like the bungles or other teams would being 0-3 without their HOF QB for the season, best RB and WR out with injuries, 2nd string QB shit the bed and they turn to an undrafted free agent to lead the team.

and they are 8-5 and control their playoff destiny.

The Following 9 Users Like This Post:

Yes, give him his dues for he has gotten this team to respond when all chips were down. GETTING rid of the meMEme twins definitely was a big factor and great move, regardless of circumstances TOMLIN is tying the web and holding tight this team. Here and NOW there is no one better at head coach of an NFL team. I remain cautiously opportunistic and we win out to championship.

PS I was hard on tomlin as well and will jump on him again if he fails in coaching up to potential.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

I will continue to hold my breath, as I still continue to see stupid coaching issues that should not still be there after all these years. I still believe that there is a certain amount of credit that needs to go to the players winning in spite of him. He is STILL an AWFUL situational coach. He CONTINUES to not be able to manage the clock , and he continues to keep an OC that should have been gone a while ago. On the bright side, maybe he is a good motivator and getting everything from his players. Like they say, “winning covers a lot of warts”.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Not sure anyone needs to apologize. It was fairly easy not to have our hopes too high based on past postseason disappointments. Love the second half of the season performance so far... actually really enjoying the season to date other than the embarrassing beginning. Seems like a lot of threads are premature ejaculating without knowing if there is a happy ending. But a story ending is the most important chapter.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

While Tomlin will probably never be perfect, who is? I have a feeling that he may have needed to lose his future HOF QB (safety blanket) to dig deep and grow as a coach. Difficult choices have been implemented without Ben to fall back on.

I am not a vengeful person who carries a grudge. I will fully support him and his future here if he grows and learns to be a better coach after this challenging season.

Quote Originally Posted by MT~Forged View Post
    I will continue to hold my breath, as I still continue to see stupid coaching issues that should not still be there after all these years. I still believe that there is a certain amount of credit that needs to go to the players winning in spite of him. He is STILL an AWFUL situational coach. He CONTINUES to not be able to manage the clock , and he continues to keep an OC that should have been gone a while ago. On the bright side, maybe he is a good motivator and getting everything from his players. Like they say, “winning covers a lot of warts”.
    Thing is if you watch any game on Sunday. Most HCs will make a few calls that are head-scratchers. Some are young HC's and others have been around a while. If I am not mistaken Sean Payton attempted a fake punt of his own this past Sunday and it failed from SF 45 yard line on a 4th and 18 play. SF went on and scored a TD. Put the SF up by 2 scores. Saints ended up losing by 2 pts on a last second FG. Also Sean Payton went for a 2 pt conversion early in the game and failed. This led them to chase that point later on. They went for another 2 pt conversion late in the game to put them up by 3 and failed again on that one. This made the score 46 to 45. That's 2 points he gave away in a game they lost by 2.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    I still don't understand why the defense had to suck for five years up until now.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Very thankful to have Coach T on board. In my book he's the second best coach in the NFL right now, behind that Darth Vader dude.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I still don't understand why the defense had to suck for five years up until now.

Because it took that long to assemble that many 1st rounders. Our Offense, more likely than not, will travel a similar trail. Where BEN gets back and if able to get the rust off back to normal play, he may be able to mask this by a year or two.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Yeah I tried the Tomlin apology thing last year and we immediately shit the bed the rest of the season and missed the playoffs. I'll go with fingers crossed this year.

The Following 10 Users Like This Post:

I'm sorry but I would also hold my praise for Tomlin until he starts winning playoff games, no more 1 & outs!!! I acknowledge that he's doing better than what I expected after Ben was out for the season, so I give him his dues for that.

Just to put some context to this discussion, these are the teams the Steelers have beaten so far:
    Bengals 1 - 12
    Chargers 5 - 8
    Dolphins 3 - 10
    Colts 6 - 7
    Rams 8 - 5
    Bengals 1 - 12
    Browns 6 - 7
    Cardinals 3 - 9

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

Ill give him credit for something out of nothing this year too but where was all this when we had superior talent all these years?

And just like Aceros pointed out above, they have basically beaten nobody except the Rams, and that was when they were playing bad. They would lose to them now I bet. They did play the 49ers and the Ravens pretty tough though....

This weekend will tell us a lot about where they are at because this will be about the easiest of the teams to play aside of the Texans when the playoffs start.

The offense pretty much has folded, 31st in passing, 24th(?) in rushing, 28th overall.
    The defense and a very favorable schedule is what's keeping this team going. We're 8-5 so yes Tomlin absolutely deserves credit for that, but apologize for what? The 3 post season wins in the past 10 seasons did happen, Jacksonville and their highshcool offense did come in here in the playoffs and put the most points ever by a playoff opponent in Pittsburgh. Rivera and McCarthy who both have had better post season success over the past 10 seasons have been fired.
    The fake punt vs Arizona was a horrible call/no call, whatever you want to call that.
    Throwing the ball late in the 4th when you're at the 12, Arizona has one timeout, throw an incomplete pass saved their timeout, instead of them getting the ball back with under 1 minute, they got the ball back with 1:43.

It is ok to say he's doing good this year, but has underachieved for the past 10 season.
    Last edited by Coryea; 12-12-2019 at 09:55 AM.

The Following 11 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by str8liner View Post
    Ill give him credit for something out of nothing this year too but where was all this when we had superior talent all these years?

And just like Aceros pointed out above, they have basically beaten nobody except the Rams, and that was when they were playing bad. They would lose to them now I bet. They did play the 49ers and the Ravens pretty tough though....

This weekend will tell us a lot about where they are at because this will be about the easiest of the teams to play aside of the Texans when the playoffs start.
    According to Tomlin, you call defense differently with Ben at QB. I'd still love to hear what the fuck that means. So when Ben isn't QB, we try to play great defense, when Ben is at QB, we like to play soft ass defense?
    Last edited by Coryea; 12-12-2019 at 09:54 AM.

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

I like my crow defeathered and warm.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Acereros View Post
    I'm sorry but I would also hold my praise for Tomlin until he starts winning playoff games, no more 1 & outs!!! I acknowledge that he's doing better than what I expected after Ben was out for the season, so I give him his dues for that.

Just to put some context to this discussion, these are the teams the Steelers have beaten so far:
    Bengals 1 - 12
    Chargers 5 - 8
    Dolphins 3 - 10
    Colts 6 - 7
    Rams 8 - 5
    Bengals 1 - 12
    Browns 6 - 7
    Cardinals 3 - 9
    Everyone is talking how good the Bills are. Take a look at their schedule. It is what it is. You play who they put in front of you.
    Last edited by stillwright; 12-12-2019 at 10:45 PM.

This forum use to piss me off so much with their Tomlin hate. And when ever I said something positive about him you guys made personal attacks on me. Like wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks56 View Post
    This forum use to piss me off so much with their Tomlin hate. And when ever I said something positive about him you guys made personal attacks on me. Like wtf.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that you get pissed off is solely on you.

Coach Tomlin deserves praise for making something out of nothing so far this year, but we should all be able to question why he produced basically nothing out of something the past 6 years or so.

Was is all Bell and AB? I'll take a wait and see attitude going forward.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast