Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven A finally apologizes

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Ryan Clark had him pegged right years .
    Can you elaborate on this for this of us who have not heard Clarks remarks?

I have never seen a stigma hang around a professional athlete the way "Ben is an asshole" has stuck with Ben. Sure, when he was young, he was a jerk. he admitted it. Seems everyone involved with the Steelers knew it. He took steps to correct it. Yet, it seems to be what defines him. In a world where everyone seems to deserve a second chance, why doesn't he?

And for the record, it is my opinion that this is the reason he wasn't the MVP of the SB vs. the Cards. That game winning drive was all Big Ben. He escaped pressure to make plays on damn near every play. Sure, Holmes made a phenomenal catch. Without the other plays on that drive by Ben, Holmes never gets the chance.

Any other NFL QB leads that drive, even with the awesome catch at the end, he is the MVP.

The Following 9 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 6Lombardis View Post
    Can you elaborate on this for this of us who have not heard Clark’s remarks?
    Clark said that AB was a diva from the start. He hid it because he was a 6th round pick fighting for a roster spot. Clark told the Steelers not to pay him big money because he was a diva in waiting. As soon as AB got his first big contract he went off on Dick Lebeau during practice. He screams at him not let his defense touch him because he is the franchise or some such non-sense as that. This was the first practice after he signed... can you imagine what he did during those years up until last year?

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    AB is the poster child for CTE IMO. It's very sad to see him deteriorate like he is.
    Im not letting him off hook with CTE.

Hes an asshole. Pure & simple

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have never seen a stigma hang around a professional athlete the way "Ben is an asshole" has stuck with Ben. Sure, when he was young, he was a jerk. he admitted it. Seems everyone involved with the Steelers knew it. He took steps to correct it. Yet, it seems to be what defines him. In a world where everyone seems to deserve a second chance, why doesn't he?

And for the record, it is my opinion that this is the reason he wasn't the MVP of the SB vs. the Cards. That game winning drive was all Big Ben. He escaped pressure to make plays on damn near every play. Sure, Holmes made a phenomenal catch. Without the other plays on that drive by Ben, Holmes never gets the chance.

Any other NFL QB leads that drive, even with the awesome catch at the end, he is the MVP.
    Yet some player gets involved in a double murder and becomes the NFL's poster child.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FSF View Post
    I’m not letting him off hook with CTE.

He’s an asshole. Pure & simple

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    He may be an asshole, but there is so much more that's he's done over the years that points to Brain Damage. He's straight up dysfunctional.

I'm not qualified to analyse his mental state. However remember he was sane enough and reserved enough to fool the Steelers for a few years. His crazy didn't really come out until he got his 2nd contract. This doesn't appear to be a head injury but rather a diva injury.

I don't know him personally or remember him doing really crazy shit before the end of the 2018 season. Recording the locker room was childish. Put Tomlin in a bad light, but from the last game of two seasons ago to today, he's off the rails. Being an asshole is one thing, but he is acting like a bi-polar asshole.

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Yet some player gets involved in a double murder and becomes the NFL's poster child.
    If that same thing happened today, Ray wouldn't have played another down...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Damn shame they let him continue to play

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    Now there's about 5 brain cells, put together.
    your math is off. putt your mittens back on and recount.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

AGREE but Ben's ordeal happened before today's standard as well yet held onto like no tomorrow. I see this BIAS continually against the STEELERS and Steelers players. Look at how the rog handles things involving STEELERS players.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    AGREE but Ben's ordeal happened before today's standard as well yet held onto like no tomorrow. I see this BIAS continually against the STEELERS and Steelers players. Look at how the rog handles things involving STEELERS players.

Salute the nation
    Ben is the only player that took a large suspension without a full NFLPA appeal

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Ben is the only player that took a large suspension without a full NFLPA appeal

I don't know if that is a positive or a negative in this case as his suspension was for 6 games and then reduced to 4. Would have the NFLPA done any better? I'm guessing probably not but the big killer was the media jumping on a "white famous QB" and running to no end with it. Did rayray's double murder get that much media attention? I remember rayray's getting attention but not blow you away attention as Ben's did. Maybe I'm not remembering accurately but that's my take.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

Ryan Clark saisd the day after AB signed the 5 yr 45 mill deal after Wallace rejected in camp in practice Lebeau asked Keanin Lewis former 3rd rnd pick that later left to play near home New Orleans to play press coverage AB went on a rant saying you cant touch im worth " this much " and and on a verbal rant on coach Le beau clark said thats the day he saw the reaL ab

Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    Ryan Clark saisd the day after AB signed the 5 yr 45 mill deal after Wallace rejected in camp in practice Lebeau asked Keanin Lewis former 3rd rnd pick that later left to play near home New Orleans to play press coverage AB went on a rant saying you cant touch im worth " this much " and and on a verbal rant on coach Le beau clark said thats the day he saw the reaL ab
    https://youtu.be/fSV6HBo8feo

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Shannon Sharpe, Deion Sanders, there's another recent WR that does NFL Network or ESPN that bashed Ben too.
    And a few posters here as well....

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Strange that Clark didn't say how great Tomlin handled it by covering it up. He had a totally different point of view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12