Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QB Coach Named

I am going to start this now, and you will all be repeating it in about a year. With respect to the coach sense of the statement, it will be accurate after about half the season. This kid will be sucked into the standard of mediocrity. In the other sense of this statement, this is always correct.

Fuck Canada.

LOL.....Our play clock would be around negative 15 or 20 doing all of that motion and shifting.

Was Canada a candidate to Head Coach in a good College program?
    If so moving to QB coach in the NFL doesn't make much sense unless they Rooneys offered him a shot to inheriting the OC reigns after fichtner's contract ends.

Food for thought

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

That much movement will work till about game three to five,........ Then it will become very pedestrian / predictable / confusing (for our side). College yes but PRO personal will pick it up sooner than later.

Don't get me wrong, I think if Canada can influence Fitchner in any capacity will be an upgrade to what we've been seeing but Remeber when Roethlisberger is out there, we won't need the gimmick/trickery to be successful.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    LOL.....Our play clock would be around negative 15 or 20 doing all of that motion and shifting.
    True. But we'd lead the league.... in delay of game, false start, and illegal motion.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    Was Canada a candidate to Head Coach in a good College program?
    If so moving to QB coach in the NFL doesn't make much sense unless they Rooneys offered him a shot to inheriting the OC reigns after fichtner's contract ends.
    Not at all. Canada is probably best known for his short stints with teams in recent years. The Steelers didn't have to promise him anything to hire him.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't get how a college guy relates to being a QB coach in the NFL. I have not paid much attention in the past , but the QB coach I remember was Ken Anderson - a veteran, seasoned NFL QB. A guy who understands NFL defenses - what to look for pre-snap, decipher defenses, etc. Why not bring Charlie Batch out of the booth, or see what some other retired vets might be interested in coaching QBs???

Quote Originally Posted by stillerfaninfl View Post
    Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't get how a college guy relates to being a QB coach in the NFL. I have not paid much attention in the past , but the QB coach I remember was Ken Anderson - a veteran, seasoned NFL QB. A guy who understands NFL defenses - what to look for pre-snap, decipher defenses, etc. Why not bring Charlie Batch out of the booth, or see what some other retired vets might be interested in coaching QBs???
    Canada played QB in high school before becoming a student assistant in his sophomore year. He has had the title of QB coach at 7 different schools and has spent nearly 20 years as a QB coach and/or offensive coordinator. I'm not really sure why you don't think he qualifies as being a QB coach, particularly over a guy like Batch who hasn't been an NFL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Canada played QB in high school before becoming a student assistant in his sophomore year. He has had the title of QB coach at 7 different schools and has spent nearly 20 years as a QB coach and/or offensive coordinator. I'm not really sure why you don't think he qualifies as being a QB coach, particularly over a guy like Batch who hasn't been an NFL coach.
    I don't know diddly about this guy, but I do know that for a coach the ability to teach is as important as knowledge. From what I have read, he seems to be highly regarded for his ability to do just that.