Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid (Steelers QB Related)

Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    One of the things that really bothers me about Tombert is how they over simplify the reasons they fail season-to-season.
    they simplify and say things as a reaction to the press and for fans, but that doesn't mean that is all they think/do. Fans think that what is said at the podium is gospel. It isn't and it isn't unique to the Steelers. Every HC and every GM plays a minimum hand to the public. They do far more analysis than fans give them credit for...if they didn't, they wouldn't have gotten out of their first career coaching position back in college (or wherever).

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin View Post
    I've been looking back at Ben's stats for his first 2-3 years. Despite the win percentage his stats were very Mason like. Any one stating that he was soooooo much better starting out than Mason is only considering wins and not completion percentage. Dont get me wrong Ben was our guy but had growth issues himself.
    You realize it was much harder to pass in the mid 2000's than it is now right? In 2005 only 2 QB's finished the season with a QB rating of 100 or more, Manning at 104 and Palmer at 101, Ben was third at 98. This season 9 QB's had a rating of 100 or higher, 3 were above 110.

Ben had 4 4th qtr comebacks as a rookie, and 5 game winning drives. Did you see anything relatively close to that from Mason???

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    You realize it was much harder to pass in the mid 2000's than it is now right? In 2005 only 2 QB's finished the season with a QB rating of 100 or more, Manning at 104 and Palmer at 101, Ben was third at 98. This season 9 QB's had a rating of 100 or higher, 3 were above 110.

Ben had 4 4th qtr comebacks as a rookie, and 5 game winning drives. Did you see anything relatively close to that from Mason???
    Ben was/is awesome! I'm not trying to disparage him. He's always been one of my favorites. I just think that expectations were not realistic and the criticisms have been heavy handed. Steeler fans are very spoiled in my opinion.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Ben was/is awesome! I'm not trying to disparage him. He's always been one of my favorites. I just think that expectations were not realistic and the criticisms have been heavy handed. Steeler fans are very spoiled in my opinion.
    Maybe, but Tomlin and Colbert both said they had a first round grade on Rudolph, Rudolph did get to sit and watch/learn an entire year. A guy with a first round grade with an entire year under his belt should look better than he did.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

I just think that expectations were not realistic and the criticisms have been heavy handed. Steeler fans are very spoiled in my opinion.
    Of course we are. Ben Roethlisberger is one of the best QBs EVER to play the game. EVER!

You don't just replace that with "a guy" and figure, hey, we'll just keep on truckin' !

Everyone should hope Ben can play at his normal level for another season or two and after that, just hunker down and try to be patient. It will likely be 10 to 20 years before they see a QB that can hold Roethlisberger's jock.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Lifetime Member

Maybe, but Tomlin and Colbert both said they had a first round grade on Rudolph, Rudolph did get to sit and watch/learn an entire year. A guy with a first round grade with an entire year under his belt should look better than he did.
    Again, Rudy was above average BEFORE he got KO'd. I don't care that the passes were dinks and doinks - it worked and someone wanted to change things because he wasn't making the big throws, like Ben, and the kid got knocked out. He was never the same after that - and I'm not saying he is or was the answer but he was more than capable during that stint...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bermudasteel View Post
    Again, Rudy was above average BEFORE he got KO'd. I don't care that the passes were dinks and doinks - it worked and someone wanted to change things because he wasn't making the big throws, like Ben, and the kid got knocked out. He was never the same after that - and I'm not saying he is or was the answer but he was more than capable during that stint...
    I wouldn't go that far, we barely had 200 yards offense vs San Fran, he had 160 yards passing, then we played the worst team in football in Cincy, then the Ravens game. He doesn't have the arm to throw downfield. If we can throw 2-6 yard passes all game he's fine. I don't think it was someone wanting to make a change, as much as it was teams getting some film on him and seeing he doesnt have a strong arm, so they filled the box and stuffed the run and dared Rudy to beat them with tough intermediate throws, which he wasn't able to do.

I wouldn't go that far, we barely had 200 yards offense vs San Fran, he had 160 yards passing, then we played the worst team in football in Cincy, then the Ravens game. He doesn't have the arm to throw downfield. If we can throw 2-6 yard passes all game he's fine. I don't think it was someone wanting to make a change, as much as it was teams getting some film on him and seeing he doesnt have a strong arm, so they filled the box and stuffed the run and dared Rudy to beat them with tough intermediate throws, which he wasn't able to do.
    I havent watched his highlights from college for quite a while but I thought at the time that he threw it down the field fine. To Washington a lot of the time.

I havent watched his highlights from college for quite a while but I thought at the time that he threw it down the field fine. To Washington a lot of the time.
    He puts alot of air under his passes is what I mean. That was one of his negatives coming out of college.

I'm not saying he'll never be good, I'm willing to give him another shot if it comes to that, would prefer a veteran with this defense though if Ben isn't able to return to form.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Rooney: Steelers standing pat at QB heading into 2020

https://sports.yahoo.com/rooney-stee...212747346.html

I think this is stupid. No one knows what Ben's elbow is gonna do until he heats it up and start throwing. Until the Steelers know for sure, and FA worth his salt is going to be on a team. He could throw one pass and realize it isn't going to work out. Then we are left with Rudolph and Duck. Again.
    1. I suspect the team knows how Ben's rehab is coming and think he'll be okay.
    2. IF Ben is not okay, we don't have the cap room to sign a proven vet anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Steelers qb

How does everyone fell about Rudolph coming back next season?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ayden merr View Post

okay, for future reference please look for a thread on a topic before you start a new one.

If I fell I try to get back up again. Rudolph should do the same.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

I see this is your first post so welcome to the board. If for some reason you have been here or trolling,..... Then hunker down because things have a way of working themselves out..................................... :)

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234