Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Impeachment circus?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Mitt is another McCain, he should just switch parties
    i'm waiting for that to happen.

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Congrats! America has been brought to her knees, without a shot being fired. Thanks to Trump & the shameful, complicit GOP, the Constitution has been shredded, the executive branch elevated to something akin to a monarchy. Job well done MAGA!

Just a peek into what the future holds.

From the former President of Estonia:

tibs you are just so full of shit. The dems have been trying to overturn the will of the people since the day their goddess clinton lost to a reality TV star....

The House went against the will of the people and impeached the President on bullshit charges based on hearsay and other peoples assumptions of what the President's intentions were.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Most INtelligent Poster

We are watching the death of democracy, in real time. To the cheers and jubilation of the frenzied MAGA base and the treasonous Trump-enablers in the GOP. Trump now has a free hand to double-down and do whatever he pleases, including all the cheating and colluding he wants with foreign countries to go after his political opponents and cheat in elections. It may take decades to climb out of this mess. I hope for the sake of our children and grandchildren, the country will be able to move past this sordid, dark period of our history. Again ladies & gentlemen, take a bow. Without you, none of this would have been possible.
    what cheating? what colluding? None of your liberal hoaxes have been shown to have any merit. By every measure our country is better off now than it was 3 years ago...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    what cheating? what colluding? None of your liberal hoaxes have been shown to have any merit.
    Although I am unaware of any hoaxes perpetrated by poster 'Tibs', I am aware of ""hoaxes" that have quite a bit of merit. You can view them and judge for yourself at:

www.factcheck.org

The above bolding is mine- I was unaware that Tibs spoke for the entire "liberal" opposition to this President's actions. Who knew?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    i'm waiting for that to happen.
    Nah, Once he does that the party is over. He seeks the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    That is an inappropriate response. Tibs has his right to his opinions and I donít find responses like that becoming of anyone or any side. We are all still Steeler Fans here.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Pipe down.
    The "opinion" you are referring to has been posted COUNTLESS times. His repeated despair laden artificial hyperbolic visions of doom and gloom for this country has earned him the appropriate response.

An exaggeration begat an exaggeration. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post

I got it- Two people acting equally stupid. Please keep the sand in the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Pipe down.
    The "opinion" you are referring to has been posted COUNTLESS times. His repeated despair laden artificial hyperbolic visions of doom and gloom for this country has earned him the appropriate response.

You went full retard on Tibs. You never go full retard.

wig

Congrats! America has been brought to her knees, without a shot being fired. Thanks to Trump & the shameful, complicit GOP, the Constitution has been shredded, the executive branch elevated to something akin to a monarchy. Job well done MAGA!
    Sorry Tibs, whatever someone may feel about Trump this is EXACTLY the way our Constitution is supposed to work. The framers set a very high, bipartisan bar for impeachment for good reason. They did not want one party to be able to overturn a presidential election.

Democracy has been saved.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Like one of the Trump disliking Libertarians I spoke to last night said, “Don’t push a partisan impeachment then get mad when it gets dismissed on partisan lines...

This was like the Clinton impeachment... with even less crimes involved... it was stupid...

It was a last chance attempt to drum up some interest in the party for the elections... apathy is at an all time high and the factions are almost ready to let it die... Dem overlords needed a rallying cry distraction and this was it

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    That is an inappropriate response. Tibs has his right to his opinions and I donít find responses like that becoming of anyone or any side. We are all still Steeler Fans here.

Really Stewey? Glad it was deleted. That is way over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    Really Stewey? Glad it was deleted. That is way over the line.
    Tibs gets the short stick here too often... he is a hardcore liberal but really overall he isn’t one of the extreme nutjobs that is out of control. Exposure to alternative mindsets is healthy for everyone here... even If they think they are wrong

He was never getting removed from office.

All of this was "reality TV" at its finest (yet somehow Trump is the reality TV president). All hot air and buffing out chests and smear campaigns hoping to "influence" the 2020 election.

I'm glad its done. Bad time in our history. One of the most partisan shit shows ever. Fuck Congress. Corrupt assholes.
    Last edited by deljzc; 02-01-2020 at 01:33 PM.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Oh its not over, its just begun, saddle up buckeroos, we got us a shootin' war

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthebus View Post
    Sorry Tibs, whatever someone may feel about Trump this is EXACTLY the way our Constitution is supposed to work.
    Not at all. What trial or impeachment hearing has no witnesses or evidence submitted? None. Itís never happened before in history, making this trial a sham.

This was Trumpís glorious opportunity to prove - once and for all - this was nothing but a partisan hack job by the Dems. Bring in the 3-4 key people in his cabinet that were there every step of the way re Ukraine. Provide first hand-witnesses to back his story and tell the American people the truth. Provide subpoened documents and set the record straight. Trumpís stated from the beginning it was a Ďperfect call,í that he did nothing wrong, this whole impeachment was a sham and a wild goose chase. Great. Then why in the world would Trump lawyers & the GOP - for the first and only time in history - block witnesses and evidence? To what end?

None of this was Constitutional in the slightest. All it does is fuel the fire and give the Dems even more ammo heading into November that Trump & the GOP are corrupt to the bone. By not allowing witnesses and evidence they fucked this up real bad. Their choice, I donít feel bad for them, nor did it come as a surprise. No innocent person would ever not want witnesses and evidence that would prove their innocence.

You can put 2 and 2 together...you donít need me for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Oh its not over, its just begun, saddle up buckeroos, we got us a shootin' war
    I don't know. I think it's done for now. After tomorrow morning's Sunday news shows, where the sky will be falling on our republic, the work week will be more about the State of the Union address and liberals crying over their lattes about the inevitable vote.

Liberals have to regroup. This attack is done.

All signs point to a very optimistic State of the Union address so Liberals will rally around the Iowa winner in the primaries (even though none of them will pull 30% of the vote) and lie about how that shows such a "strong field of candidates". When in reality it should be terribly depressing to democrats that none of their candidates can pull 30% of the vote yet.

There is some very optimistic times coming ahead for Republicans over the next couple of months. The Supreme court rulings over the spring session are going to shape conservative politics for the next year. The DACA decision will give Trump all his chips back to negotiate a potential immigration reform law. If House democrats stall until the election, DACA will die and millions of "dreamers" they love will start to get deported. Not sure they can afford to let that happen. If they agree to an immigration law, Trump will basically enter election day fulfilling almost every promise he made in 2016: better economy (check), wall (check), better trade deals (check), new immigration law (check), huge changes from Obama on foreign relations (check).

Trump has shifted the right-left pendulum faster and more than any President in my lifetime except for Reagan in 1980-1984 (maybe even more). Considering where we were in summer 2016 after Obama's "apology for being American tour" and his horrendous pandering foreign policies and lackluster economy, I am just ecstatic where we are today.

I'm sure liberals will find another "sky is falling" story in the next couple of months. But the Ukraine story is dead (except for Hunter Biden).

Tibs is wrong as usual, 25,000 pages of testimony from 18 witnesses were included in the case the House sent over for the Senate to rule on. They ruled, get over it.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Not at all. What trial or impeachment hearing has no witnesses or evidence submitted? None. It’s never happened before in history, making this trial a sham.
    The House is supposed to gather the evidence and present the case to the Senate. They're not supposed to say "Here's our case, now do all the work of proving it for us."

It's a joke that any Dem is complaining about a "fair trial" when they would not allow any of their witnesses to be cross-examined, and were poised to try and block witnesses the defense wanted to call. All so that they can drag this out as long as possible.

No sorry, there was no way this was ever going to bear any resemblance to a fair trial. It's been a sham from day one.

This was Trump’s glorious opportunity to prove - once and for all - this was nothing but a partisan hack job by the Dems.
    Except the accused doesn't have to prove their innocence. You've got that backwards.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

All it does is fuel the fire and give the Dems even more ammo heading into November that Trump & the GOP are corrupt to the bone. By not allowing witnesses and evidence they fucked this up real bad.
    Actually it's the Dems who fucked up real bad. Had they subpoenaed witnesses and documents and gone through the proper channels to fight the executive privilege claims, they may have A) uncovered enough information to sway anyone and B) maybe had a leg to stand on in their "obstruction of Congress" article which is a joke as it stands. Perhaps they could have charged him with some kind of actual crime instead of the vague, too broad non criminal things they did charge him with. Maybe they wouldn't have lost all credibility by spending hours talking about bribery extortion and cheating in an election when they didn't even charge him with any of those things in the articles of impeachment. But they didn't want to do that, who knows why, I guess they were afraid it might go on past the election after the people of this country had spoken-again.

They couldn't have handled this any worse if they were trying.

Go back in history and check how many witnesses were called to testify in Senate impeachment hearings, including numerous cases of first-time witnesses who never gave testimony in the House. What the GOP just did - in unison w Trump - is unprecedented. Those are the facts.