Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cap Class: If Ben Roethlisberger Canít Play in 2020, the Steelers are Screwed

Cap Class: If Ben Roethlisberger Canít Play in 2020, the Steelers are Screwed

By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com Cap Class is a series where I break down the cap to find the amounts associated with the roster, dead money, or future cost of players. Dollar amounts and cap costs may not be exciting, but they can be interesting when you look inside the numbers. I will place explanations inside of […]

More...

The Following User Likes This Post:

Great write up "G." And thank you.

I didn't realize BEN's cap was structured that way but then again I'm not a caprologist either. It's amazing how the STEELERS tie so much into an aging players last contract. I understand the importance of BEN's contract but it seems we are tied to tight to often and its aging player's contracts that are the problem. Like I said I'm not the expert but would like to know how other teams pale in comparison to our situation.

I do know the Chiefs are going to be in for a HUGE surprise in cap management hence Mahomes comes due.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, they can work something out with Ben to push the roster bonus due date back till sometime in the Summer. Kinda like they did when they forced Boswell to push it back last year. Only, without the "forced" part

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I'm just watching for the beard to go.

Here We GO!!!

This year is fucked for capologists. With no CBA in place 2021 is potentially an uncapped year. Problem is though, there are no post June 1st designations for any team, so any person cut, you have to account for all of their dead money this season.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

US Veteran

Cope, you need to get an interview with Colbert. Have him explain the goals, and this no cap situation and dead me net. Do it man , you can make it happen. I believe in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    This year is fucked for capologists. With no CBA in place 2021 is potentially an uncapped year. Problem is though, there are no post June 1st designations for any team, so any person cut, you have to account for all of their dead money this season.
    yea - an odd year for sure. Hopefully they will come to a new CBA agreement without too much fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    yea - an odd year for sure. Hopefully they will come to a new CBA agreement without too much fuss.

Get your ICE FISHING gear ready as I'm thinking a possible cancelled season or no games for 1/2 season with possible replacements.................... I hope Shane Falco is ready !!!! ( I want his girlfriend, but then who wouldn't )

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Get your ICE FISHING gear ready as I'm thinking a possible cancelled season or no games for 1/2 season with possible replacements.................... I hope Shane Falco is ready !!!! ( I want his girlfriend, but then who wouldn't )

Salute the nation
    If they cancel the season even partially due to greed which would be the only way something isn't ironed out I will be moving on from watching football.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    If they cancel the season even partially due to greed which would be the only way something isn't ironed out I will be moving on from watching football.
    slash, I'm pretty close myself but want to see how and what the CBA plays out as. Now another VERY important factor for me is how the 2nd spygate is handled. CAUGHT red handed in the act.................. I know it will be minimized but it best be something like a 1st rounder +

Oh and billie should be BANNED for life and owner forced to sell.

Salute the nation

They were screwed in 2019 too.

The 2020 season was screwed as soon as it was decided to keep the coaching staff intact....

FNG

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    The 2020 season was screwed as soon as it was decided to keep the coaching staff intact....

If you notice, we’ve been going down as we’ve replaced each assistant coach. Fitchner, Serrett , Butler are all inferior to their predecessors. And since Tomlin can’t hire or fire anybody, that falls on Colbert. We need better assistant coach’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If you notice, weíve been going down as weíve replaced each assistant coach. Fitchner, Serrett , Butler are all inferior to their predecessors. And since Tomlin canít hire or fire anybody, that falls on Colbert. We need better assistant coachís.
    You think Colbert hires and fires coaches? Lulz k

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

FNG

If you think the Rooney’s then you’ve been smoking something. Colbert is the guy who is involved in the hiring and firings of assistants.

If he canít go they better ďTank for TrevorĒ

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

If you think the Rooney’s then you’ve been smoking something. Colbert is the guy who is involved in the hiring and firings of assistants.
    Tomlin is involved as well. He even coached with some of them before he came here. There is no way Colbert is hiring assistants all by himself.

Good JuJu

Tomlin hires all of the coaches. Colbert doesn't have any say in that stuff.
    RIP CK

FNG

That’s absolute bull. Tomlin does not hire & fire. Which is why he couldn’t get rid of Haley when he wanted to or LeBeau. It had to be approved by Colbert.

Thatís absolute bull. Tomlin does not hire & fire. Which is why he couldnít get rid of Haley when he wanted to or LeBeau. It had to be approved by Colbert.
    You go find one shred of evidence that Colbert does the hiring and firing of the assistants. Good luck with that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast