Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl LIV Chiefs vs 49ers

Super Bowl LIV Chiefs vs 49ers

Any thoughts on the game? Crazy prop bets you like? Chiefs are 1.5 point favorite since it opened and it hasnít changed. With a spread that low, it almost doesnít matter. You are picking the team to win.

Because the spread is so low, the money line bets (betting on the winner with no point spread) are not very enticing. Chiefs are -128 (bet 100, win 78.13). The 49ers are +112 (bet 100, win 112). If you like the chiefs, laying the 1.5 and doubling your money is a better payoff. If you like the 49ers, then I suppose you could go money line and make slightly more but itís so slim that taking the 1.5 may be better.

itís funny how not having a burning hatred of one of the teams lessens the anticipation. But thatís where gambling comes in. It can make anything interesting.

Iím rooting for the Chiefs and I think they will win. Andy Reid is one of the best prep coaches around when he gets 2 weeks. The 49ers defense is all about pressure. I think Mahomes cane buy time to beat that secondary. Richard Sherman is good at covering guys when he knows that ball has to come out quick, but if he actually has to cover and of the fast KC WRs, heís at a disadvantage.

Chiefs 31
    49ers 27

My guess is someone will win.... I have no feelings good or bad about either one. I guess I'll take KC to win because I don't want SF to win another one before we do. I probably won't even watch it.

33-30 Chefs..Gould misses a 56 yarder at gun wide left

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    My guess is someone will win.... I have no feelings good or bad about either one. I guess I'll take KC to win because I don't want SF to win another one before we do. I probably won't even watch it.
    I will be watching this year after a 2 year Cheats boycott...

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Think the Chiefs put 40+ up on SF. I see a potential blowout.
    Chiefs 47
    SF 27

I will take the 49ers and not as close as people think.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Waiting till closer to actual game to put my two cents in. I'm not invested at all in it but sure am HAPPY the fucking CHEATRIOTS are NOT in it. If they were I'd NOT be watching but as is, I'm a little interested. I'll probably go to my REDHEAD manager sports bar and treated, and treated like a KING.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Go Steelers! Been like 12 YEARS since i said that about the Steelers in a superbowl.

Felt like dusting it off.

Pulling for a KC blowout.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Jimmy G. still has that Pats... stench on him.... it just seems to linger forever.

Go Chiefs...... it is Andy's time..... and Mahomes deserves the title after what he has done these last 2 years

Keep the Superbowl in the AFC as long as it doesn't go to the Pats or Rats

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I have no idea how this game is going to unfold. The Chiefs are (surprisingly) slow starters and the 49'ers are so solid in every facet of the game. Should be an interesting one.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology thatís never even been invented yet.Ē - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Go Chiefs! One of the best fan bases, up there with us and GB. And fuck those fair weather 49er "fans".

Blog Entries
    Pulling for KC....Great fans.....Cool scoreboard. Andy Reid, Good Guy. I was in SF during the NFC championship Game and there was not a lot of buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth View Post
    I have no idea how this game is going to unfold. The Chiefs are (surprisingly) slow starters and the 49'ers are so solid in every facet of the game. Should be an interesting one.
    that's why i'm putting a few bucks on 49ers for the 1st quarter moneyline

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    that's why i'm putting a few bucks on 49ers for the 1st quarter moneyline
    Makes sense, I'm a bay area resident and get a chance to watch San Francisco more than I care to admit. They have been in allot of nail biters this year which might help. Their front seven is real strong as everyone knows but for the most part their secondary is average at best and would be tourched if it wasn't for their pass rush. SF run defense is good as well but who cares, KC doesn't run the ball well until the opponent's defense has given up a shit load of passing yards and ignore the running game. Russell Wilson had some success because he can move and we all know Mahomes can do that and more with his arm and receivers so I guess I'm going with KC. the caveat is how many points and clock the KC defense gives up which is an obvious/comical revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by KStilley View Post
    Makes sense, I'm a bay area resident and get a chance to watch San Francisco more than I care to admit. They have been in allot of nail biters this year which might help. Their front seven is real strong as everyone knows but for the most part their secondary is average at best and would be tourched if it wasn't for their pass rush. SF run defense is good as well but who cares, KC doesn't run the ball well until the opponent's defense has given up a shit load of passing yards and ignore the running game. Russell Wilson had some success because he can move and we all know Mahomes can do that and more with his arm and receivers so I guess I'm going with KC. the caveat is how many points and clock the KC defense gives up which is an obvious/comical revelation.
    Forgot. KC 31 SF 27

US Veteran

49'rs seem a lot like the 2005 Steeler team. Young qb, (starts wise), good run game, great D.

Mainly just grateful the Pats or Ravens are not playing tomorrow.

I'll be pulling for the Chiefs but the 49ers looked pretty strong the last two games. My guess:

49ers: 24
    Chiefs: 20

Chiefs 31
    SF 21

If this is a more wide open game, I'm going 34-27 Chiefs.

Chiefs are making L McCoy a healthy scratch.... Man I hope D. Williams doesn't go down with an injury. I thought Reid would like to have a veteran presence and give him some touches depending how the game plays out.