Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OVERALL what's the thinking on the new XFL..................... ?

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I caught that HUSTON game yesterday and FUCK it was better than 70% of the NFL games. NOT just in play but officiating / clock / game flow / viewer participation attention / all and then some. This league could very well find it' snitch and become a staple of spring football.!!!!

'Salute the nation
    and the league acted quickly to punish the official supervising that game since they screwed up the last 2 seconds....

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Here We GO!!!

Just took the family to the DC Defenders game. We tailgated for 2hrs, had nice seats. Wife had a beer, daughter had popcorn and water. All paid $130 for the day.

It's a great product, the competition level is good, and there are some fun plays (DC nearly pulled off a double forward pass, but the receiver wasn't open, so the optioned to a run).

The over 16k attendance had a blast. We got the wave off, and the beer cup snake is a thing of legend. Great football fans in DC, and Snyder needs to watch what the XFL is doing right, because they don't have any loyalty for the Redskins anymore.

Beer Snake: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/xfl...football-video

They have a better kickoff than the NFL, the PATs are great, and the 25 second clock makes the game move quickly. Also love having a ref in the booth that controls all replays. Makes the game move even faster when a replay occurs. NFL needs to adopt all of these rules except maybe the PATs just yet.
    Last edited by Cope; 03-08-2020 at 10:16 PM.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    and the league acted quickly to punish the official supervising that game since they screwed up the last 2 seconds....
    I didn't catch that part had to leave with about 2min left in the game. WHAT happened ?

EDIT: Still a pretty dang good game and the players played hard. I liked hearing the coach chew out a referee for failing to do something (don't Remeber what )

Salute the nation
    Last edited by Drink IRON City; 03-08-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

I didn't catch that part had to leave with about 2min left in the game. WHAT happened ?

EDIT: Still a pretty dang good game and the players played hard. I liked hearing the coach chew out a referee for failing to do something (don't Remeber what )

Salute the nation
    He was yelling about a holding call they have been letting go all day.

The Following User Likes This Post:

That's right 43, thanks.

Salute the nation

I'm enjoying the Tampa Bay vs Los Angeles game. These guys have heart.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Love the league they just have to get better QB play like they get from PJ Walker. Better QBs will result in a better overall game and brand for them.

Here We GO!!!

Salute the nation
    The punishment was for the refs not stopping the clock with 2/3 sec left after the QB kneeled down on 4th down. The ball should have gone back to the other team for one more play.

If the NFL is smart they will get into an agreement with the XFL to let them use the NFLs development QBs to get experience playing there. Would be a win win situation for both leagues.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I'm enjoying the Tampa Bay vs Los Angeles game. These guys have heart.
    Yeah, it’s quality football. I’m impressed

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...IXZ?li=BBnba9I

Talks about 5 things the XFL needs to do to sub sustain their legitimacy. GOOD read and reality.

Salute the nation

Here We GO!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...IXZ?li=BBnba9I

Talks about 5 things the XFL needs to do to sub sustain their legitimacy. GOOD read and reality.

Salute the nation
    St Louis was the perfect market. They lost their team, they now have football again, and they just opened the upper deck of the Stadium because the lower bowl has sold out. I didn't understand throwing the teams in markets that already exist, but I like the idea of relocation. Oakland will be without a team, move one there and change the color scheme to Silver and Black. San Diego is a good spot as well. DC is doing well with 16k+ in a 20k stadium. There are football starved areas that would do well with a team.

AGREE Cope. The 1/4 filled stadiums is a turn off so moving / relocating to smaller stadiums is definately a thumbs up. You named good relocations and I'm behind the XFL doing such. The on field product is good so they need to focus on the off feild to better and sustain the league. This is a pretty good league and I wished I lived close enough to attend but I don't. Spectator pricing is GREAT as you've said.

Salute the nation

A lot of good points with the article. Appropriately sized stadiums will create better atmospheres and give a good appearance on TV. You need an environment to allow the fans to have fun, so take the teams to markets with fans who love sports. Rivalries are hard to manufacture, it has to happen organically over time. Speaking of time, this is the most important factor. If they want the league to succeed, they cannot give up. It will take time for fans to become invested into the sport and it will need to happen at the local level first. Maybe after two or three years a top high school recruit or an exciting college player will make the jump to collect a paycheck for a couple of years before he can enter the NFL and then the league has a marquee player to market.

I still can't understand why Salt Lake City has no football team.

Here We GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I still can't understand why Salt Lake City has no football team.
    No beer sales...

The league should be in football starved markets instead of being 2nd class citizens in established markets. Put teams in Birmingham, Raleigh, Norfolk, Salt Lake Cit, San Antonio, etc and you will see enthusiasm and more attitude.

We have a 30,000 seater at FAU in Boca that would be perfect for a team!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The XFL has got a LOT of things going right but they need to get the viewership to sustain the TV contracts. Like the article, many of you have great ideas. Maybe a letter to their headquarters might help but I'm sure they have got things in perspective. Their top bras has even read this same story so hopefully a spark happens.

Salute the nation

Their top bras
    Here come the pictures

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast