Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OVERALL what's the thinking on the new XFL..................... ?

OVERALL what's the thinking on the new XFL..................... ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...vV?ocid=msn360

Here's an opinion piece that says it's here and hooked on the XFL. easy read.

Myself as I don't have regular TV, I've caught some on YouTube. I think it has a viable chance and having 100% of this season games televised helps out a lot. I love the Kick Off alignment and the continuation of the clock running on most penalties unless inside of 5 minutes end half / game.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

Did not watch so no opinion. Really don't plan to watch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...g5h?li=BBnba9I

Here is a winner / loser article, interesting on the actual players

Salute the nation

I liked it. I thought the rules for Xps and kickoffs were fresh and inventive. Game coverage and overall production was smooth plus the play was decent. It's got a chance if people show up every week.

I had a hard time keeping interested. Part of it was no Pittsburgh team. The other was maybe a little emotion missing from the players. Passion. It seems like there is less and less of it these days..and to watch another team outside of the burgh hell the Steelers for that matter I have to sense a strong team desire to play and win. Maybe in time my opinion could change..I dunno.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Love the extra point and kickoff and punt return rules, no guaranteed extra point and when some underdog team gets the lead they will go for the 3 point extra point which completely changes the game.

What I hated and it looks great in theory but it awful in reality is the 25 second play clock. Does not allow for many audibles or much shifting and makes the offense more static as they don;t have time to shift to both dictate coverages and get the best one on one matchups . Most big plays come form pre snap reads and with littl to no shifting the defense gains a huge advantage.

I think they'd do better if they waited a couple of months to start their season. Wait until we're hard up for football. I mean we just got done watching 6 months of NFL football.
    Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Roy92040 View Post
    I think they'd do better if they waited a couple of months to start their season. Wait until we're hard up for football. I mean we just got done watching 6 months of NFL football.
    April 27

Beginning this date, NFL clubs may request permission to visit with, try out, or sign any player who was under contract to the XFL at the conclusion of the XFL season.
    XFL plays 10 regular season games. And then there is whatever their playoff stretch is. So there is a time frame the NFL to look at and possibly sign said player. So that limits a time period of which the XFL has to operate if they wish to get NFL cooperation. A little hint they wish it.

Besides people who are interested in watching football away from the NFL are obviously die hard0 a lot of them, so for them there might not be a off season with their ongoing interests.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

I haven't seen any games yet. I don't even know the schedule of who is playing when.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    I haven't seen any games yet. I don't even know the schedule of who is playing when.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/22/xf...-schedule-2020

Full TV schedule, including play offs / championship

As slash said, I'm sure the XFL season directly corillated to the NFL schedule. The XFL payers' salaries are all the same and NOT negotiated. Only thing is for how long they sign. If a player opts to the NFL, they can only go after the XFL season is over. I think [retty smart for a start up league.

So far I'm a little torn as no team is close enough for me to attend (YOU can dang well bet I'd go to a STEELERS game first). Currently I'll only be able to catch what is on YouTube but hey, there's enough to satisfy me.

I simply hope the league succeeds if for no other reason than an NFL change up.

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roy92040 View Post
    I mean we just got done watching 6 months of NFL football.
    I could watch football year-round. But that's just me.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Blog Entries
    Have yet to watch. The passion for the DC game looked cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/22/xf...-schedule-2020

Full TV schedule, including play offs / championship

As slash said, I'm sure the XFL season directly corillated to the NFL schedule. The XFL payers' salaries are all the same and NOT negotiated. Only thing is for how long they sign. If a player opts to the NFL, they can only go after the XFL season is over. I think [retty smart for a start up league.

So far I'm a little torn as no team is close enough for me to attend (YOU can dang well bet I'd go to a STEELERS game first). Currently I'll only be able to catch what is on YouTube but hey, there's enough to satisfy me.

I simply hope the league succeeds if for no other reason than an NFL change up.

Salute the nation
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch them this weekend.

It was a pretty good start. The rules are fine for a side league, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to see the in the NFL. The best part was hearing the replay official and watching the process.

Although they said the game would be sped up, it still took over three hours for some of them. I was hoping to see it around 2.5 hours. I also think they need to build up fantasy football as a way for you to get to know the players. It's also a great way to organically build stars as we learn who produces early on. Also, will there be a point which a star high school player or college transfer who has to sit out a season gets paid very well by the XFL? Get paid and still play football until you're eligible for the NFL? That may appeal to a few guys.

I really liked the way they reviewed plays. You could hear the the referee and the person reviewing the plays talking so you can understand their thought process in decided whether to overturn a play...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

These teams had only a a few practices and they said the practices were "Thud" meaning no tackling to the ground. A LB runs into the RB and play is dead. Considering that, the level of play was pretty damn good, especially compared to the shit show that was the AAF.

The play did get better in the AAF but the first few weeks were awful because nobody could block. The XFL is already ahead of that level of play.

What you are watching is basically all of the last cuts from the NFL with a few journeymen vets mixed in there.

I like the kickoff a lot. It's certainly better than watching the kicker boot it out of the end zone. Other than that, it was ok. You really need a team to root for, so I'm going to have to adopt a team if I plan on watching. Will it work? It's better than the He Hate Me league, but I'm not sure spring football can work unless the NFL does it, with teams in all of the franchise cities, and teams wearing the NFL colors (although the uniform designs can be different). If we had a "baby Steeler" team playing in a league that included Baltimore and Cleveland in our division, hell yeah I'd watch. If we were good, I'd probably get seriously into it. 32 teams, 8 week season, 16 teams make the playoffs. 3 weeks to cut it down to two teams, a week off for the NFL Draft, and then the championship game. 16 teams in the playoffs is a lot, but with an 8 week season, you want to keep interest for as long as possible. All NFL teams play in their own stadiums now, so there would be no conflicts with baseball.

Its decent. Eli Rogers had a good game Saturday. Saw a clip where Coates is still dropping passes. Same shit different day.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

US Veteran

The feel I get is hungry guys working to make it happen. Not assholes acting like they won everytime they make a positive yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    The feel I get is hungry guys working to make it happen. Not assholes acting like they won everytime they make a positive yard.

I too saw a LOT of RESPECTFUL players. A lot of handing / tossing the ball to the referee after the play (big or small). The hunger to prove themselves, comrodary along the sidelines. ALL good stuff.

A-L-S-O

Can you imagine the "being able to listen in on the replay decision" in the NFL............

1) THE JESSE JAMES "CATCH"................... "Fuckit Kraft said rub-N-tugs for the entire officiating staff"

This is one rule that should be carried over to the NFL but won't be due to outcome control of the game.

Salute the nation

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast