Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Head Hunter Myles Garrett reinstated by the NFL after serving 6 game suspension

Head Hunter Myles Garrett reinstated by the NFL after serving 6 game suspension

I would have thought this would carry into this season as well but who can figure out this league's judgement.

NFL becomes more of a joke with each passing day

The Following User Likes This Post:

Assault with a deadly weapon... Only 6 games suspension

Paying for sex to an illegal immigrant ... No suspension

Being caught taping the sidelines ... No suspension

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

As expected, the NFL caved and he got a slap on the wrist. No way his suspension should have been any less than 10 games and probably a full season. He hasn't even had sufficient time to take anger management, etc. This is a complete joke. Dude is a habitual offender. Something like this will happen again.

of course. not surprised at all.

So if Garrett does this four weeks earlier, he has a 10-game suspension last season. Since a longer suspension would spill into 2020, the NFL cuts it short. Joke of a penalty for taking your helmet to a guy's head.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    So if Garrett does this four weeks earlier, he has a 10-game suspension last season. Since a longer suspension would spill into 2020, the NFL cuts it short. Joke of a penalty for taking your helmet to a guy's head.

WELL the guy(Baltimore) who knocked him (red-nose) out with a head shot never got a fine or a SUSPENTION of any kind. I would have at least expected a fine.

I wonder if the STEELERS players will vote unanimously against him this time around on the CBA...?

YOU guys wonder why the interest in the XFL, at least they don't have this DRAMA shitfest going on.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

i hope the players revolt over the random punishments given out. But, at the end of the day, players want to play (i.e. paid) and owners want players to play (i.e. revneue) and fantasy cash flow can't be interrupted.

The NFL proved what they are about with players when they gave 2games to Rice for knocking his girlfriend out cold. Like they didn't know what the hell happened in that elevator. only reason they caved was because advertisers and fans revolted.

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    Assault with a deadly weapon... Only 6 games suspension

Paying for sex to an illegal immigrant ... No suspension

Being caught taping the sidelines ... No suspension

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Yet Mason R, $50k fine is upheld..........Iím still trying to comprehend what the fine was for in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

In the new CBA, fines and penalties are supposed to be significantly reduced. Marijuana will be allowed or, at least, a much lesser offence. The players are going to get just about everything they want if they agree to the 17 games. I thought they were supposed to vote over a week ago but I've heard nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    In the new CBA, fines and penalties are supposed to be significantly reduced. Marijuana will be allowed or, at least, a much lesser offence. The players are going to get just about everything they want if they agree to the 17 games. I thought they were supposed to vote over a week ago but I've heard nothing.

Can you provide a link as to defining this? WHAT are the players actually asking for and what are they getting????

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    Yet Mason R, $50k fine is upheld..........I’m still trying to comprehend what the fine was for in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Assulting an innocent helmet with his head and uttering an imaginary racial slur...

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Can you provide a link as to defining this? WHAT are the players actually asking for and what are they getting????

Salute the nation
    Ive heard the same stuff on the radio... the league wants an annual international or neutral site game for every team ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post

Salute the nation
    I am pretty sure I listened to it on the pre-Super Bowl stuff. I don't think it was an article but if it were an article, I probably read it on the PG. I have a subscription so I can keep up to date with the local stuff even though I am in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Ive heard the same stuff on the radio... the league wants an annual international or neutral site game for every team ...
    Well, at least that will piss off every fan in the country. Just move them all to Europe and Central America and be done with it.

I don't think a lifetime suspension is required (though if Rudolph was permanently injured I think it would.). Six games sets a very bad precedent. How could a transgression get any worse than this? Is it only about repeat offense. Any slick lawyer will be able to make an argument about severity of punishment of their client based upon this shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    Lets make Mosaik Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan the Steelers home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I don't think a lifetime suspension is required (though if Rudolph was permanently injured I think it would.). Six games sets a very bad precedent. How could a transgression get any worse than this? Is it only about repeat offense. Any slick lawyer will be able to make an argument about severity of punishment of their client based upon this shitshow.
    Great post.Should have been at minimum a year long suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
    Great post.Should have been at minimum a year long suspension.
    All you have to do is ask yourself was what would the punishment have been week one for the same offense. The season sounded impressive, but they were out the next week or the week after. So it was six games. Seems light for clubbing a man in the head with a 6 pound weapon.

Garret should have been jailed.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

If Garrett would have done that to Tom Lady he would have been banned from the league. The NFL is a joke.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app