Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: The Roger Stone Sentencing Controversy

  1. #61
    The fact is:

    Hillary Clinton - cleared
    James Comey - cleared
    Obama - cleared
    Lisa and Peter - cleared
    Now McCabe - cleared

    Wake up, MAGA's. They did nothing wrong. Trump has been lying to you for years. Stop swallowing the bullshit shoveled at you by right-wing propaganda sites. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Tibs; 02-15-2020 at 03:35 PM.

  2. #62
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    6,313
    Rep Power
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    He was also acquitted, after the fact, by a narrow margin in a historically partisan Senate by weak-kneed Republicans fearful of this deranged President.
    By a narrow margin? You really have no idea how any of this works, do you?
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  3. #63
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    6,313
    Rep Power
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    How can you call the acquittal partisan and not the impeachment?

    This is the kind of illogical babble that loses you all sense of credibility around here.
    I honestly can't remember a time when he had credibility.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  4. #64
    Moderator
    Super Dave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,345
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    ST, didn't you get the memo? All of these are conspiracy theories. Don Lemon said so.
    Clapper doesn't like that word, "spying"

  5. #65
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,394
    Rep Power
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    The fact is:

    Hillary Clinton - cleared
    James Comey - cleared
    Obama - cleared
    Lisa and Peter - cleared
    Now McCabe - cleared

    Wake up, MAGA's. They did nothing wrong. Trump has been lying to you for years. Stop swallowing the bullshit shoveled at you by right-wing propaganda sites. You're welcome.
    Keep telling yourself that but many of those are still in Jeopardy despite the claims of being cleared. There is still an ongoing criminal investigation you seem to be ignoring.

  6. #66
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

  7. #67
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,307
    Rep Power
    219
    Here’s the truth about all those ‘so-called’ career lawyers at DOJ…

    President Trump Starts to Drain the Swamp, Yanks Jessie Liu Treasury Dept. Nomination



    This was the week that President Trump really started to drain the swamp. It came when he yanked the nomination of Jessie Liu to a Treasury Department post. The decision was all Trump’s and occurred after Trump learned details about what was going on when she was United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.

    Though Trump was most aggravated with Liu not clamping down on the outrageous sentencing recommendations of her staff in the Roger Stone case, there was a long list of other concerns that made it clear to the president the extent of ideological weaponization across the Justice Department.

    Let’s start with Roger Stone for now.

    Liu’s so-called “career prosecutors” devised a sentencing recommendation of nine years in prison for behavior that became commonplace anytime former Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before Congress under oath.

    Lest we forget, Holder was found in criminal contempt of Congress in a bipartisan 255-67 vote. Back then, most House Democrats didn’t find contempt of Congress to be an impeachable offense. Don't forget, House Democrats marched off the floor during the Holder contempt vote.

    This nicely illustrates the central theme that has animated Trump’s impeachment, Justice Department investigations of Trump, Liu’s yank, and the entire political saga of the last three years.



    Justice is no longer blind. Investigations, charges, and even prison terms depend on the ideological views of the targets.

    If you are a friend of the president, the Justice Department “career lawyers” will do all they can to find a venue in the District of Columbia where they know a rabid population of Democrat jurors will do all they can to send you to Big Sandy.

    If you doubt me, you haven’t heard of Tomeka Hart, the nasty partisan jury foreman in Stone’s trial who should have never been on the jury in the first place.

    The Scales of Justice come in two versions, one for Democrats and one for Trump.

    Let's examine those Justice Department “career lawyers.”

    It is now plain that “career lawyer” isn’t a euphemism for unbiased and impartial. It’s exactly the opposite. It usually means Democrat, leftist, elitist, culturally hostile to middle America and feverishly anti-Trump.

    When I was at the Department of Justice, it was no different. I wrote a whole wild book about the prevailing madness, years before the country got a taste of Andrew Weissmann’s partisan biases.

    Justice Department “career lawyers” are highly skilled at finding reasons to kill cases against cabinet officials who disclose top-secret information, put State Department emails on private servers, or who lie on FISA warrant applications. The lessons learned in Ivy League law schools are put to good use in developing plausible excuses to avoid any grand jury presentations — at least plausible excuses to the Washington Post and now bankrupt McClatchy.

    After all, did any of the "career lawyers" bring the Holder criminal contempt findings to a grand jury? Did former U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu agree or disagree with their inactivity?

    These are some of the unanswered questions that led to a president yanking a nomination.

    But when the target is Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, or dozens of Trump campaign officials who were served with grand jury subpoenas, by golly have the “career lawyers” got an argument in favor of action.

    This is what the president began to realize was happening at the United States Attorney office in the District of Columbia – biased justice.

    It wasn’t just the Trump campaign being targeted for unequal justice by the U.S. Attorney’s office.

    It was the sweetheart deal for the Awan brothers, the dynamic duo who worked for Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz who may have been involved in foreign espionage when they stole data from House email servers.

    It was the manipulated outcome in another national security matter involving Democrat senate intelligence staffer James Wolfe, who leaked secret data to his girlfriend. Liu actually signed off of that plea personally, joined by “career attorneys” Jocelyn Ballantine and Tejpal Chawla. For lying to the FBI, Wolfe got two months. For the same behavior, Liu’s “career prosecutors” recommended nine years.

    It was the non-prosecution of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for lying to investigators about his media leaks.

    It was the collusion with Mueller’s special prosecutors in allowing them to punt the Ukraine-related prosecution of Obama lawyer Greg Craig to Liu’s shop. Mueller and his team avoided an embarrassing prosecution of an Obama pal and Liu’s “career lawyers” prosecuted the case in D.C. Not surprisingly, a D.C. jury acquitted Craig.

    It was failing to aggressively prosecute the radical #resist leftists who sought to disrupt the inauguration, even though James O’Keefe successfully recorded them plotting the violence.

    And most notably, it was a 9-year sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone by four “career lawyers” in Liu’s office.

    All of it, all of the biased justice, led to Trump yanking her nomination.

    These pages have been covering the ideological biases of DOJ lawyers for nearly a decade.

    Trump has now learned the details of what is going on inside one Justice Department office, the D.C. United States Attorney's office. He also learned details about people who accepted appointments in his administration and took their jobs while holding their noses.

    This was the week that Trump got his sea-legs. He campaigned on draining the swamp, and he has learned how subtle and how sophisticated the swamp is.

    Meanwhile, institutionalists, including some Republicans too cowardly to be quoted by name, have gone on record as clutching their pearls at Trump’s actions. They want the bureaucrats to be unmoored from the executive branch.

    The “career lawyers” at the Justice Department did not stand for election and win. The entire Department should take note. There is a unitary executive. Elections matter. The president ran against the elites who are dispensing biased, sanctimonious unequal justice in Washington, D.C.

    It shouldn’t surprise anyone that he is keeping his promises.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  8. #68
    Member Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    6,313
    Rep Power
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    The fact is:
    Donald J. Trump is still your President.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

    "We need to invent technology that’s never even been invented yet.” - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  9. #69
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    8,632
    Rep Power
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    The fact is:

    Hillary Clinton - cleared
    James Comey - cleared
    Obama - cleared
    Lisa and Peter - cleared
    Now McCabe - cleared

    Wake up, MAGA's. They did nothing wrong. Trump has been lying to you for years. Stop swallowing the bullshit shoveled at you by right-wing propaganda sites. You're welcome.
    Trump should investigate himself, announce he is cleared, and join that list.

    What a stupid argument, right? Yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  10. #70
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,945
    Rep Power
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    Here’s the truth about all those ‘so-called’ career lawyers at DOJ…

    President Trump Starts to Drain the Swamp, Yanks Jessie Liu Treasury Dept. Nomination



    This was the week that President Trump really started to drain the swamp. It came when he yanked the nomination of Jessie Liu to a Treasury Department post. The decision was all Trump’s and occurred after Trump learned details about what was going on when she was United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.

    Though Trump was most aggravated with Liu not clamping down on the outrageous sentencing recommendations of her staff in the Roger Stone case, there was a long list of other concerns that made it clear to the president the extent of ideological weaponization across the Justice Department.

    Let’s start with Roger Stone for now.

    Liu’s so-called “career prosecutors” devised a sentencing recommendation of nine years in prison for behavior that became commonplace anytime former Attorney General Eric Holder appeared before Congress under oath.

    Lest we forget, Holder was found in criminal contempt of Congress in a bipartisan 255-67 vote. Back then, most House Democrats didn’t find contempt of Congress to be an impeachable offense. Don't forget, House Democrats marched off the floor during the Holder contempt vote.

    This nicely illustrates the central theme that has animated Trump’s impeachment, Justice Department investigations of Trump, Liu’s yank, and the entire political saga of the last three years.



    Justice is no longer blind. Investigations, charges, and even prison terms depend on the ideological views of the targets.

    If you are a friend of the president, the Justice Department “career lawyers” will do all they can to find a venue in the District of Columbia where they know a rabid population of Democrat jurors will do all they can to send you to Big Sandy.

    If you doubt me, you haven’t heard of Tomeka Hart, the nasty partisan jury foreman in Stone’s trial who should have never been on the jury in the first place.

    The Scales of Justice come in two versions, one for Democrats and one for Trump.

    Let's examine those Justice Department “career lawyers.”

    It is now plain that “career lawyer” isn’t a euphemism for unbiased and impartial. It’s exactly the opposite. It usually means Democrat, leftist, elitist, culturally hostile to middle America and feverishly anti-Trump.

    When I was at the Department of Justice, it was no different. I wrote a whole wild book about the prevailing madness, years before the country got a taste of Andrew Weissmann’s partisan biases.

    Justice Department “career lawyers” are highly skilled at finding reasons to kill cases against cabinet officials who disclose top-secret information, put State Department emails on private servers, or who lie on FISA warrant applications. The lessons learned in Ivy League law schools are put to good use in developing plausible excuses to avoid any grand jury presentations — at least plausible excuses to the Washington Post and now bankrupt McClatchy.

    After all, did any of the "career lawyers" bring the Holder criminal contempt findings to a grand jury? Did former U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu agree or disagree with their inactivity?

    These are some of the unanswered questions that led to a president yanking a nomination.

    But when the target is Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, or dozens of Trump campaign officials who were served with grand jury subpoenas, by golly have the “career lawyers” got an argument in favor of action.

    This is what the president began to realize was happening at the United States Attorney office in the District of Columbia – biased justice.

    It wasn’t just the Trump campaign being targeted for unequal justice by the U.S. Attorney’s office.

    It was the sweetheart deal for the Awan brothers, the dynamic duo who worked for Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz who may have been involved in foreign espionage when they stole data from House email servers.

    It was the manipulated outcome in another national security matter involving Democrat senate intelligence staffer James Wolfe, who leaked secret data to his girlfriend. Liu actually signed off of that plea personally, joined by “career attorneys” Jocelyn Ballantine and Tejpal Chawla. For lying to the FBI, Wolfe got two months. For the same behavior, Liu’s “career prosecutors” recommended nine years.

    It was the non-prosecution of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for lying to investigators about his media leaks.

    It was the collusion with Mueller’s special prosecutors in allowing them to punt the Ukraine-related prosecution of Obama lawyer Greg Craig to Liu’s shop. Mueller and his team avoided an embarrassing prosecution of an Obama pal and Liu’s “career lawyers” prosecuted the case in D.C. Not surprisingly, a D.C. jury acquitted Craig.

    It was failing to aggressively prosecute the radical #resist leftists who sought to disrupt the inauguration, even though James O’Keefe successfully recorded them plotting the violence.

    And most notably, it was a 9-year sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone by four “career lawyers” in Liu’s office.

    All of it, all of the biased justice, led to Trump yanking her nomination.

    These pages have been covering the ideological biases of DOJ lawyers for nearly a decade.

    Trump has now learned the details of what is going on inside one Justice Department office, the D.C. United States Attorney's office. He also learned details about people who accepted appointments in his administration and took their jobs while holding their noses.

    This was the week that Trump got his sea-legs. He campaigned on draining the swamp, and he has learned how subtle and how sophisticated the swamp is.

    Meanwhile, institutionalists, including some Republicans too cowardly to be quoted by name, have gone on record as clutching their pearls at Trump’s actions. They want the bureaucrats to be unmoored from the executive branch.

    The “career lawyers” at the Justice Department did not stand for election and win. The entire Department should take note. There is a unitary executive. Elections matter. The president ran against the elites who are dispensing biased, sanctimonious unequal justice in Washington, D.C.

    It shouldn’t surprise anyone that he is keeping his promises.
    quoted so Tibs and Flog and whichever variation of Elfie's incarnation is currently reading the board can see this twice.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    [B][SIZE=5]

    She's covered in cat hair. Family pet or Extravagant dinner?

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  12. #72
    Member
    SteelChip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Interlachen, Florida
    Posts
    6,630
    Rep Power
    205

  13. #73
    Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison


    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/rog...ths-in-prison/

    -----------------------

    with good behavior, he'll be out in a year

  14. #74
    I hope Trump commutes it and sends everyone over the edge.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  15. #75
    Esteemed Throbbing Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    12,945
    Rep Power
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    I hope Trump commutes it and sends everyone over the edge.
    hopefully its commuted immediately

  16. #76
    Wait till after the election, enough drama

    There will months of appeals coming

  17. #77
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    8,529
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    I hope Trump commutes it and sends everyone over the edge.
    A president has unlimited power to pardon federal crimes... lets see how much the MSM understands this concept... im guessing not very much... already hearing weird nonsense like he should ask permission from congress or the DOJ( that technically he runs) before doing this... or that doing thisviolates the separation of power

  18. #78
    Good, he listened to me, he won't pardon now, all in good time

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  19. #79
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,307
    Rep Power
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDavenport View Post
    I hope Trump commutes it and sends everyone over the edge.
    Adam Schitt for Brains came out today and said that if the President were to pardon a guy that lied to defend Trump's own misdeeds, well...they'll impeach again. Hell, they are gonna impeach again anyway.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  20. #80
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, PA
    Posts
    19,408
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Good, he listened to me, he won't pardon now, all in good time
    Trump will have more flexibility after the election.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation