Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Roger Stone Sentencing Controversy

The Demonrats want stone and everyone to get the harshest penalty even though they had nothing to do with Russia collusion. They want to be able to use it to say there was collusion.

With that said, the entire Mueller investigation and everything that was started from the illegal FISA warrants should be null and void. This should be no different than our regular justice system. If a warrant was recieved illegally or under false pretenses, everything that came from it gets thrown out. Other than Flynn who is now pushing back, I am surprised no one else is asking for their trials or convictions to be thrown out. I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    The Demonrats want stone and everyone to get the harshest penalty even though they had nothing to do with Russia collusion. They want to be able to use it to say there was collusion.

With that said, the entire Mueller investigation and everything that was started from the illegal FISA warrants should be null and void. This should be no different than our regular justice system. If a warrant was recieved illegally or under false pretenses, everything that came from it gets thrown out. Other than Flynn who is now pushing back, I am surprised no one else is asking for their trials or convictions to be thrown out. I know I would.
    Grant them ALL pardons! Make the libtards dance with TDS convulsions! Then put the footage on America's Funniest Home Videos.

That's how you be great.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Grant them ALL pardons! Make the libtards dance with TDS convulsions! Then put the footage on America's Funniest Home Videos.

That's how you be great.
    That is the thing that gets me. Trump could just pardon the guy or commute his sentence. If that is the case, what reason does he have to push Justice for a LIGHTER sentence. It makes absolutely no sense to push for a lighter sentence when he could just end the whole thing legally.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That is the thing that gets me. Trump could just pardon the guy or commute his sentence. If that is the case, what reason does he have to push Justice for a LIGHTER sentence. It makes absolutely no sense to push for a lighter sentence when he could just end the whole thing legally.
    I get the feeling he's allowing the dims to step on the rake in your av Sarge. With each harangue they expose their motivations more and more and his admin is just collecting the bird droppings they leave behind.

Jury Foreman In Roger Stone Case Was Trump-Hating Russia Collusion Hoaxer

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted former Trump adviser Roger Stone on obstruction charges last year -- and soon afterward, her history of Democratic activism and a string of her anti-Trump, left-wing social media posts came to light.

In August last year, Hart also tweeted that anybody who supported President Donald Trump was racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...p-social-media

But believe it or not, it gets worse. While Hart was serving on the jury, she tweeted about the president’s impeachment, sharing a letter to the editor in the New York Times requesting the outlet use more direct language to accuse Trump of committing a crime in his dealings with Ukraine.

“Then stop being racists. Co-signing and defending a racist and his racist rhetoric makes you racist. Point blank,” Hart wrote on Twitter

Hart declared Wednesday that she was going to “stand up” for the prosecutors pushing for a seven to nine-year imprisonment

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Jury Foreman In Roger Stone Case Was Trump-Hating Russia Collusion Hoaxer

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted former Trump adviser Roger Stone on obstruction charges last year -- and soon afterward, her history of Democratic activism and a string of her anti-Trump, left-wing social media posts came to light.

In August last year, Hart also tweeted that anybody who supported President Donald Trump was racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...p-social-media

But believe it or not, it gets worse. While Hart was serving on the jury, she tweeted about the president’s impeachment, sharing a letter to the editor in the New York Times requesting the outlet use more direct language to accuse Trump of committing a crime in his dealings with Ukraine.

“Then stop being racists. Co-signing and defending a racist and his racist rhetoric makes you racist. Point blank,” Hart wrote on Twitter

Hart declared Wednesday that she was going to “stand up” for the prosecutors pushing for a seven to nine-year imprisonment
    Roger Stone's attorneys must REALLY suck. How is this woman not the first jury member you dismiss?

She outed herslf, just paving the way for a mistrial or pardon, way to go!

Esteemed Throbbing Member

it's all hollow screeching, IMO.
    the screeching from the Left about this is loud and annoying. We all want it to stop - those on each side of the aisle.
    The Left is screeching because a Trump associate is not going to prison for life. That they want heavy-handed sentences is factual.
    The screeching is hollow since the same tolerant Lefties were deafeningly silent over Eric Holder's politicizing and (in a term too often used now) weaponizing the DOJ under Obama's careful watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Roger Stone's attorneys must REALLY suck. How is this woman not the first jury member you dismiss?
    I'm presuming that she repeatedly lied during voir dire. Unlike Bull, real trials don't give the attorneys time to scour a prospective juror's background to determine if he or she is lying. The juror list is confidential until the jurors file into the courtroom, randomly selected from a large pool of potential jurors. The attorneys ask questions, but if a juror is intent on remaining on the jury - a damn rare occurrence as most are desperate to get the hell out and live their lives - and the juror simply lies ("Oh, no, I haven't been following the Russia thing, I have no idea who Roger Stone is, I have no beliefs one way or another, Oh, yes, I'll be fair to both sides, blah-dee-fucking-blah"), then it is very, very difficult to out the juror.

However, the fact that the juror was communicating about the case during the trial is a crime and clear reason to set aside the verdict. Juror misconduct includes lying about preconceived opinions and prejudices, and communicating with ANYBODY, even fellow jurors, about the trial before the case is sent for deliberation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    voir dire.
    That made me think of the movie "My Cousin Vinny." Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    I'm presuming that she repeatedly lied during voir dire. Unlike Bull, real trials don't give the attorneys time to scour a prospective juror's background to determine if he or she is lying. The juror list is confidential until the jurors file into the courtroom, randomly selected from a large pool of potential jurors. The attorneys ask questions, but if a juror is intent on remaining on the jury - a damn rare occurrence as most are desperate to get the hell out and live their lives - and the juror simply lies ("Oh, no, I haven't been following the Russia thing, I have no idea who Roger Stone is, I have no beliefs one way or another, Oh, yes, I'll be fair to both sides, blah-dee-fucking-blah"), then it is very, very difficult to out the juror.

However, the fact that the juror was communicating about the case during the trial is a crime and clear reason to set aside the verdict. Juror misconduct includes lying about preconceived opinions and prejudices, and communicating with ANYBODY, even fellow jurors, about the trial before the case is sent for deliberation.
    Could be, I dont know. But if she's that damn popular in liberal circles, they should have known her name. And, you would think that they would have some technical people scanning juror social media sites and such. that is about the most cut-throat job in the world and they usually do everything they can to gain an advantage. At least in my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Could be, I dont know. But if she's that damn popular in liberal circles, they should have known her name. And, you would think that they would have some technical people scanning juror social media sites and such. that is about the most cut-throat job in the world and they usually do everything they can to gain an advantage. At least in my experiences.
    Attorneys are not allowed to use electronics to communicate with the outside world while in court. For example, when I go through the metal detectors in Federal court, I have to give the guards my cell phone and pick it up when I leave court.

So no, the attorneys would have no way of "investigating" the juror while in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Blog Entries

pretty pathetic that the Dems are going to try to make something of this. They are claiming an abuse or power when Trump has the explicit power to pardon him at any time. Plus they are acting like trump directed the DOJ to lower the sentence. All they are doing is asking the judge to reconsider. The judge can still give the same sentence.

It's funny how they call Trump a fascist when he's the one following the rules.

His soul is full of hate.

Blog Entries
    Mr Stone and General Flynn are why you never speak to the Feds unless compelled to do so and even then you have an attorney present.

Blog Entries
    This whole thing stinks to high heaven and I believe the President wants peoples attention on it. That is why he won't pardon (yet). When he does, it just goes away.

1) Judge Amy Berman Jackson keeps getting randomly assigned the Muller Teams cases. Manafort, Stone, and now she was randomly assigned Peter Strok's case. Clearly she is the Deep State carnival barkers judge of choice.

2) The Judge slapped a gag order on Stone so he cannot speak about his case, in effect stripping his first amendment rights away from him, the gag order is still in effect even though a verdict has already been reached. Why are they trying to shut him up?

Could it be that Roger Stone believes that there is overwhelming evidence that he was set-up by an FBI informant who was a Russian national. This happened in May of 2016 (during the campaign) when he met the informant for 20 minutes in a South Florida cafe and was offered dirt on Hillary Clinton for $2 Million Dollars? Much like Don Jr? (He refused)

3)The Judge had a big hand in selecting the jury. The vague juror questionnaire allows for biased jurors to be sat. The recently exposed Juror foreperson is the 3rd that the Defense has had an issue with, they have asked to have a juror removed previously and the Judge refused.

In January 2017 the FBI knew there was no Russian collusion. When Bob Muller and his team were appointed in May of 2017 they knew on day 2 there was no Russian collusion.

What the hell did they do for 2 years?

They had 40 FBI Agents working on the Muller Probe? What exactly were they doing in the service of their country and the American people?

Setting up perjury traps for people they do not like and prosecuting people for process crimes?

Sending in Seal teams to arrest Paul Manafort and Roger Stone, what the hell was that? the latter having tipped off CNN so it could be filmed and broadcast on the national news. These guys were not dangerous criminals, not flight risks and would have turned themselves in with their attorneys. It was ridiculous, over the top, and made the Government look really bad.

Yes, people do need to go to jail, or a generation of people on the right side of the aisle will never trust DOJ, or the FBI again.
    Last edited by Super Dave; 02-14-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DBS1970 View Post
    Mr Stone and General Flynn are why you never speak to the Feds unless compelled to do so and even then you have an attorney present.
    They flat out lied to Flynn and told him he did not need an attorney present.
    Last edited by Super Dave; 02-14-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Esteemed Throbbing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBS1970 View Post
    well, not just ANY attorney.

Prosecutors like the ones on the Mueller team depend on real threats of prison sentences to coerce otherwise innocent people to incriminate the targets of interest. They need to be able to point to Roger Stones and Michael Flynns. It's a corrupt practice that flies in the face of the intent of our Constitutional protections. They need to be exposed and shamed, and prosecuted if possible. Having the President do it is probably what is required.