Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins Gear at Fanatics.com Pittsburgh Pirates gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agents

cut Switzer as well he offers nothing should of kept eli instead, what I see is a perfect free agency is replace hargrave with Carl Davis vesatile big body that will be be able to hol up vs the run and easily play De or DT in the sub packages as for TE I cut vance sign 1 yr Walker and Lewis (pure blocking) you draft te rnd 2-4 and if Gentry does not show he can overtake a solid but up thier in age te like mercedes lewis than you put him ps or cut him.
    OL re sign fielier and for replacing foster I look at Michigan 2 guys that can replace but with Ruiz if he falls to rnd 2, 2 years you him at LG and in 2022 he replaces Pouncey. or later in the draft 3-5 rnd you draft Bredeson or if Ruiz falls in rnd 2 and rnd 3 you get your te I like Bredeson size and play better than the oth.er G who is to heavy would need a year of conditioning, I think with the comp pick Bredeson could be a plug and play. Lets see how all the guys do at the combine as many OL/C will leap thier current projected draft status on walter and first pick vastly.

Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    cut Switzer as well he offers nothing should of kept eli instead, what I see is a perfect free agency is replace hargrave with Carl Davis vesatile big body that will be be able to hol up vs the run and easily play De or DT in the sub packages as for TE I cut vance sign 1 yr Walker and Lewis (pure blocking) you draft te rnd 2-4 and if Gentry does not show he can overtake a solid but up thier in age te like mercedes lewis than you put him ps or cut him.
    OL re sign fielier and for replacing foster I look at Michigan 2 guys that can replace but with Ruiz if he falls to rnd 2, 2 years you him at LG and in 2022 he replaces Pouncey. or later in the draft 3-5 rnd you draft Bredeson or if Ruiz falls in rnd 2 and rnd 3 you get your te I like Bredeson size and play better than the oth.er G who is to heavy would need a year of conditioning, I think with the comp pick Bredeson could be a plug and play. Lets see how all the guys do at the combine as many OL/C will leap thier current projected draft status on walter and first pick vastly.
    I would say the contract numbers should match what I said with Davis. his production is nothing to write home about, but its hard to tell with interior Dline. They can play really well and not show up much on the sheet. In the end, I'm not sure they will miss Hargrave more than they would Dupree honestly.

hargrave is meant to play as under dt to pass rush he gets good low leverage but is not stout at the point of attack vs the run. thus a big issue when out there iC's and G. what the mkt if some pure 4-3 team is willing to pay him 8-12 mill then we are in no position but if he want to be Steeler he has to realize that the most we could offer is likely 6 mill per year.
    now last year at times he was at De and did well pushing with Tyson and heyward at DT and heyward as the anchor.
    I have looked at the free-agent's NT's
    . I think several of the names I have given can easily replace him in the base 3-4 or even tyson can do that its then than someone to give cam and tuitt a few breathers along with Buggs and tyson.
    Easy Cheap replacements Phil dawson Carl Davis Sheldon Day, I would explore asking if SF want to unload Solomon Thomas as they rarley use him.