Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CBA Would Add 2 More Playoff Teams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    8-8-1
    This will water down coaching even more. Guys who are just good enough to nab that 7th seed get contract extensions now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...VG7?li=BBnb7Kz

Talks about the additional game / play-off schedule....................

TOMLIN would have made the playoffs had this been in play.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

It ain't broke.....

FNG

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    THIS! If you are gong to add to the regular season, you need to expand the rosters.
    Of course, none of this will matter on the Steelers as Tomlin always goes and stays with his guys ALL game! He doesn't know how to rotate guys in to keep them fresh for the 4th qtr. push!

Just curious how they will determine the opponents?
    Right now it's easy, we know what teams we'll play 2 years from now, except two of the teams.
    6 vs your division
    4 vs an NFC division
    4 vs an AFC division
    2 vs the same place finish within their division as you in the AFC.

FNG

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    making the season longer means the possibility of more meaningless games with teams clinching earlier. That's why that are only having 1 team with a bye, to keep teams playing hard to the end.

If the NFL wants 18 games, they should get rid of individual BYE weeks. Split the season into two 9 week halves and have a 2 or even 3 week break in between. Take off Christmas and New Year's week. This allows everybody to get healed up. It would also push the Super Bowl into March which will bring more cold weather cities into play for hosting the Super Bowl.
    Some good ideas in there Tape! Sounds logical to me. It would also potentially let guys who go down with injury at the very beginning of the season (or preseason), to possible get surgery, healed and ready to play in the playoffs!

Fuck that! I donít watch the NHL because the regular season is mostly meaningless with most teams making the playoffs. This would be a step in that direction.

making the season longer means the possibility of more meaningless games with teams clinching earlier. That's why that are only having 1 team with a bye, to keep teams playing hard to the end.

If the NFL wants 18 games, they should get rid of individual BYE weeks. Split the season into two 9 week halves and have a 2 or even 3 week break in between. Take off Christmas and New Year's week. This allows everybody to get healed up. It would also push the Super Bowl into March which will bring more cold weather cities into play for hosting the Super Bowl.
    Are you kidding? No sane person wants football in March.

I read someone suggested an AFC and NFC bye week in the middle of the season to make it as fair and balanced as possible. It's not a bad idea. I don't like the holiday weeks off because that is excellent time to view football when we are off. Great time for out-of-town fans to travel to games as well. The goal for the Super Bowl should be the Sunday before President's day to have the Monday after the game off.

The Following User Likes This Post:

id like to go 18 games season
    1) with each player inactive for 2 games(coaches decision)
    2) expanded roster
    3) 2 preseason games

or 17 game season
    1) each player inactive 1 game
    2) expanded roster
    3) 2 preseason games

owners get their extra game, players dont player more than before

xjx

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Just curious how they will determine the opponents?
    Right now it's easy, we know what teams we'll play 2 years from now, except two of the teams.
    6 vs your division
    4 vs an NFC division
    4 vs an AFC division
    2 vs the same place finish within their division as you in the AFC.
    They will find some way to make it a money making event. Prime time event where each team gets a ball in a bingo machine and they pull them out randomly to determine matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    Then call me insane. Can't get enough.

Here We GO!!!

With global warming, it's first summer!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    I read someone suggested an AFC and NFC bye week in the middle of the season to make it as fair and balanced as possible. It's not a bad idea. I don't like the holiday weeks off because that is excellent time to view football when we are off. Great time for out-of-town fans to travel to games as well. The goal for the Super Bowl should be the Sunday before President's day to have the Monday after the game off.
    AFC Deer Season Bye
    NFC Moose Season Bye

The southern coastal folks heads would assplode.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    NFL is so damn greedy. Messing with things that work like 16 game seasons and 6 team playoff tournaments in each conference all for that extra game of revenue. What a mess
    I mentioned a 17 game season with 2 bye weeks and one international game or expand you base game with the 2nd bye week coming after the international game / expand your base game was a good idea. The NFL is headed in that direction. At least in a 17 game schedule. Just cut out 1-2 preseason games.

I'd also like to see an NFL lottery system for the draft. We'll never get a top 5 pick for a QB. But with a lottery system, we might get lucky. Top 12 team into the lottery. Do it.

The NFL players union sucks. The owners will crush them with either a final offer or lock out. If the player's union were smart, they would ask for better benefits after football. A sad fact, roughly 70% of the players are broke or have little net worth 5 years after they retire.

Pouncey tells us what he really thinks.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...posed-nfl-cba/

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I mentioned a 17 game season with 2 bye weeks and one international game or expand you base game with the 2nd bye week coming after the international game / expand your base game was a good idea. The NFL is headed in that direction. At least in a 17 game schedule. Just cut out 1-2 preseason games.

I'd also like to see an NFL lottery system for the draft. We'll never get a top 5 pick for a QB. But with a lottery system, we might get lucky. Top 12 team into the lottery. Do it.

The NFL players union sucks. The owners will crush them with either a final offer or lock out. If the player's union were smart, they would ask for better benefits after football. A sad fact, roughly 70% of the players are broke or have little net worth 5 years after they retire.
    A lotto that would benefit a cheating franchise who always picks low? No thanks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Steel G View Post
    This will water down coaching even more. Guys who are just good enough to nab that 7th seed get contract extensions now.
    Just has to bear 8-8-1 as his extention isn't based on play off appearances, just need to keep the NON-losing thingy going...........

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Fuck that! I don’t watch the NHL because the regular season is mostly meaningless with most teams making the playoffs. This would be a step in that direction.
    Agree with ya...... more than half the league makes the playoffs.......... watered down takes away from the experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12