Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Update: NFL Owners Agree to Terms of New CBA Proposal

Update: NFL Owners Agree to Terms of New CBA Proposal

By CJ Lester SteelerNation.com Yesterday, I discussed the new CBA proposal that was being negotiated by the league and the NFLPA. In that proposal, the Pittsburgh Steelers would have made the playoffs and headed to Arrowhead to take on the Kansas City Chiefs if the new playoff structure would have taken place last year. The […]

More...

FNG

Owners pushed it through on their end. I'm curious to see what do the players say on their end. An additional 5 billion dollars will be coming the players way as well. And I guess that's all that really matters. So we shouldn't be hearing anymore about player safety because adding an additional game
    isn't good for player safety.

There is a LOT of detail that isn't being talked about. FRIDAY will be the NFLPA turn to see what is and isn't in the proposal.

It sure looks like the OWNERS are getting out infront of this so as to NOT have a strike season.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

FNG

Yeah because they want to put this to bed so they can go forward with laying the ground work for the new TV deals coming with various networks.

The new playoff format sucks, should leave that alone. If you get a team playing in a weak division (and cheating), they get the 1 seed and bye almost every year (Cheatriots). That is usually a huge advantage to rest players.

Why screw around with something that has worked so well for so long?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scstillerfan View Post
    The new playoff format sucks, should leave that alone. If you get a team playing in a weak division (and cheating), they get the 1 seed and bye almost every year (Cheatriots). That is usually a huge advantage to rest players.

Why screw around with something that has worked so well for so long?

I hear yaz but if you haven't noticed....... That ALLEDGED cheating team is currently getting 1st round bye's most of the time.

UNTIL the other side (not owners) get their chance to review, I wouldn't draw to many conclusions yet. Some for the details that may concern the NFLPA could be......

1) uniform dicipline

2) roster # of players

3). RB shorter rookie contract

4) Pension & Health insurance for ALL

5) Medicinal Mary Jane for pain & to offset the mental stress the steroids cause

THESE are just a few but the owners are dangling a rumored 5 BILLION wage increase B-U-T we don't know the details of how and when that amount comes into effect or how it's to be distributed. Right now the trend is the Bottom tier guys' pay hasn't been increasing (% wise) as the upper tier. Does this "huge" pay increase affect them in the same percentage as it does the skill positions? The trench have the numbers when it come to the vote. This is NOT a done deal but can't blame the owners for trying to get out in front of this. Now it's the NFLPA turn to play ball and who knows, maybe it it a cut & dry deal allready done.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Here We GO!!!

I will say this about playoff formats: if the lowest seed won a Championship, it is OK to expand it. It happened twice with the Steelers and Green Bay against us. That means if the lowest seed can win, it's time to expand.

NHL did it with the Kings, I'm fine with expansion

NBA should contract. Lowest seed to win was a 6 seed.

MLB should expand. Wild card teams have won a few.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post: