Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Is it Time to Expand the Playoffs?

Is it Time to Expand the Playoffs?

By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com I know a lot of football fans are unsettled with the current CBA looking to expand the playoffs from 6 to 7 teams per conference. I understand the beauty of 4 teams earning a first round bye after 16 grueling games of football, but now players are being asked to play 17 […]

More...

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Nation View Post
    By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com I know a lot of football fans are unsettled with the current CBA looking to expand the playoffs from 6 to 7 teams per conference. I understand the beauty of 4 teams earning a first round bye after 16 grueling games of football, but now players are being asked to play 17 [Ö]

More...
    This article is dumb and shitty journalism. He focuses on one aspect of the expanded playoff as if itís the only point of contention, and besides, the one team bye is not unique to a 7 team field. The NFL could reduce it to a 5 team playoff and do the same thing.

No.
    Delia's gone, one more round*
    Delia's gone

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    This article is dumb and shitty journalism. He focuses on one aspect of the expanded playoff as if it’s the only point of contention, and besides, the one team bye is not unique to a 7 team field. The NFL could reduce it to a 5 team playoff and do the same thing.
    The author is not a journalist. He is a writer for steelernation and gets paid zero. Fuck off . IF you can do better, stfu and contact justin to sign up .

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    The author is not a journalist. He is a writer for steelernation and gets paid zero. Fuck off . IF you can do better, stfu and contact justin to sign up .
    My apologies, but why donít they just post like the rest of us shitty journalists?

LOL.....Go get a pad to help with your Bleeding Black & Gold. Trog obviously didn't realize the writer was one of our own. The snowflake mentality is unbelievable in here anymore. If any writer can not take criticism then they shouldn't be writing. Criticism is a writers friend. It will only make them better or, it should. That said I am grateful anyone that writes a story and puts it on here. It takes time and effort. Thanks, guys, and gals for your time and effort.

I think they should eliminate the helmets radios in all players. Call your own shit at qb. I'd like to see that over just about anything else.

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    LOL.....Go get a pad to help with your Bleeding Black & Gold. Trog obviously didn't realize the writer was one of our own. The snowflake mentality is unbelievable in here anymore. If any writer can not take criticism then they shouldn't be writing. Criticism is a writers friend. It will only make them better or, it should. That said I am grateful anyone that writes a story and puts it on here. It takes time and effort. Thanks, guys, and gals for your time and effort.
    SO , you appreciate the time and effort they put in, and youre grateful for it. But when I speak up in his defense, im a snowflake and need a pad. Go fuck yourself too.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    SO , you appreciate the time and effort they put in, and youre grateful for it. But when I speak up in his defense, im a snowflake and need a pad. Go fuck yourself too.

Here We GO!!!

No, he's ripping on Trog.

Here We GO!!!

This article is dumb and shitty journalism. He focuses on one aspect of the expanded playoff as if itís the only point of contention, and besides, the one team bye is not unique to a 7 team field. The NFL could reduce it to a 5 team playoff and do the same thing.
    I'm cool if you don't like it. I write because I thought it was interesting. Then again Freddy Got Fingered is one of my favorite comedies ever, so I get that my opinions aren't always popular.

It's also a commentary piece, so it doesn't have to be factual. Just extrapolation on the possibility of a 7 team playoff format and my reasons for making that expansion.

https://youtu.be/GgPJSBd18MU

How to Cope with criticism

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    No, he's ripping on Trog.
    Sorry cope,, I cant see that. Apparently im blind. Fuck off Omar. You're just a troll.

My apologies, but why donít they just post like the rest of us shitty journalists?
    Trog,

You ignorant fucktard.

Pay fucking attention, asshat.

You are six dimensions of stupid on this, and

You have to know that you can't fix stupid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Nation View Post
    By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com I know a lot of football fans are unsettled with the current CBA looking to expand the playoffs from 6 to 7 teams per conference. I understand the beauty of 4 teams earning a first round bye after 16 grueling games of football, but now players are being asked to play 17 [Ö]

More...
    Cope,
    Thanks for all you do....much more than most....to elevate the football conversation here.

It doesn't even matter that you drink, and write, about all those beers that real beer drinkers would never drink.

Thanks for all the football stuff, and for entertaining many here whilst drinking whatever dark piss you like.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

Here We GO!!!

And FYI, I do get paid now. $5 a week! That's if I put out 2 articles or an article and a podcast the same week.

One day I'll pay off the $800 investment in my studio!

I don't do it for the money, I do it for the love of the Steelers, and the fact that we're trying to build something here. I remember when this site would have been happy to be another site's forum. Now we're building the content and are closing in on Steeler Depot's Digital footprint!

You are appreciated Cope. Take your kudos it is ok to accept your praise.You put in a lot of quality work around here. In between this offseason bickering posters go check out Cope's podcast with Steelers Kendall Simmons. I don't always pimp peoples work but it was a powerful listen and deserves more listens. http://www.steelernationforums.com/s...ad.php?t=34174

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Sorry cope,, I cant see that. Apparently im blind. Fuck off Omar. You're just a troll.
    What the hell is your problem? Lighten up, douchebag

Here We GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    You are appreciated Cope. Take your kudos it is ok to accept your praise.You put in a lot of quality work around here. In between this offseason bickering posters go check out Cope's podcast with Steelers Kendall Simmons. I don't always pimp peoples work but it was a powerful listen and deserves more listens. http://www.steelernationforums.com/s...ad.php?t=34174

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Cheers Slash. Kendall Simmons was the single best interviewee in creating heartfelt stories for every question I asked. What a lot of insight and great insight into the aught's superbowl teams and plays!