Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 126 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3379

Thread: The Coronavirus thread

  1. #2501
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Gov Cuomo for President?

    it’s clear this will be used for political purposes as soon as it seems the worst has passed. It’s also clear the Dems know that Biden will get crushed. Could they use this emergency to pump up Cuomo as the hero of the outbreak, then hand him the nomination after Biden drops for health reasons?
    I think we need to push back the elections for another 2-3 years given the emergency situation we are in. Emergency Trump extension, then we can have another 4.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  2. #2502
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,280
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    It must really piss you off that we have a secret vaccine, our 401ks are doing just fine, bars and restaurants have secret hours for us and we have secret schools open for our kids.
    Would you please stop writing shit that makes me laugh. We are supposed to be adversaries.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #2503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcitysteelers View Post
    I think we need to push back the elections for another 2-3 years given the emergency situation we are in. Emergency Trump extension, then we can have another 4.
    I guarantee delaying the election would be discussed if Hillary was in office.

    The Following 6 Users Like This Post:



  4. #2504
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,280
    Rep Power
    218
    Be careful with that online shopping! There are 1,927 theories about how long COVID lives on cardboard.

    https://www.the-sun.com/news/586612/...e-coronavirus/
    ONE-SICK ORDER Coronavirus spreads to at least SIX Amazon warehouses shipping packages to isolated Americans

    Cases have broken out at warehouses in New York City and Shephersville, Kentucky, as well as Jacksonville, Florida, and Katy, Texas.

    Elsewhere, there have also been cases in Browntown, Michigan, and Oklahoma City.

    Responses have appeared to vary from warehouse to warehouse, with some facilities shutting for cleaning, while others have told those in close proximity to infected co-workers to quarantine.

    On Tuesday, news of a positive test was shared with a small group of supervisors at a Staten Island, New York, facility, according to the New York Post.

    That facility remains open, The Post reported, though staff have expressed their concerns.

    Chris Smalls, a management assistant at the facility, said: "They don’t have people’s best interests in mind. It’s irresponsible and inhumane to have us keep working there.

    “We’re going to be a second wave [of the outbreak]. I understand we’re essential to our communities, but we’re not helping out the community if we’re carrying the virus.

    “It can definitely travel to drivers and other people down the line. If the sort centers are infected, then, yeah, you got a problem and it can go to customers.

    "It’s a domino effect.”

  5. #2505
    "It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."

    -Mark Twain

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  6. #2506
    Lindsey Graham on TV saying he will vote to pass the bill. Fuck him and anyone that votes for it. Vote him out.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  7. #2507
    They vote to pass this on a call in vote with no accountability of their vote, I will never vote for another Republican. They always knuckle under to the Dems. Our only hope is that Trump vetoes the bill, and I have doubts about that.

  8. #2508
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,373
    Rep Power
    220
    On reading the bill almost all of Pelosi's shit was removed. Kennedy Center still gets 25 million. THey are voting to remove the fuckup/intentional fuckup of the unemployment paying people more than they make. That is the part that is maddening. If I am going to 40 percent of my salary a week plus $600 lay me the fuck off. Jesus.I am still in training at my job so I am getting paid at least not on commission yet thank god but the unemployment would be more. How the fuck do you justify that to people like my wife working her ass off in a retirement/nursing facility and losing her other part time jobs which she can't apply for unemployment for as far as i know.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  9. #2509
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    They vote to pass this on a call in vote with no accountability of their vote, I will never vote for another Republican. They always knuckle under to the Dems. Our only hope is that Trump vetoes the bill, and I have doubts about that.
    That's what they want him to do. Veto it. Then they can render themselves blameless. Orange man bad. See he vetoed the help you needed. He doesn't care.


    They are the lowest form of life in my book and an enemy of the republic. Thankfully stupid Nancy has been front and center with her demands,so it's morw widely known to the casual observer.


    If they actually had some libertarian/conservative/constitutional candidate I'd certainly vote for them, if they could win.

  10. #2510
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    On reading the bill almost all of Pelosi's shit was removed. Kennedy Center still gets 25 million. THey are voting to remove the fuckup/intentional fuckup of the unemployment paying people more than they make. That is the part that is maddening. If I am going to 40 percent of my salary a week plus $600 lay me the fuck off. Jesus.I am still in training at my job so I am getting paid at least not on commission yet thank god but the unemployment would be more. How the fuck do you justify that to people like my wife working her ass off in a retirement/nursing facility and losing her other part time jobs which she can't apply for unemployment for as far as i know.

    Why would anyone want to work? And once you that horse out of the barn, it’s not getting back in. Do not do this in any way, shape or form. We will not make it back.

  11. #2511
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    15,374
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Why would anyone want to work? And once you that horse out of the barn, it’s not getting back in. Do not do this in any way, shape or form. We will not make it back.
    If this creates more welfare queens, this bill is going to tank this generation for good.
    I’m all for temporary help because a lot of people have lost their jobs.

    But this is a slap in the face to those who are working their asses off.
    It really is hard to trust politicians.

  12. #2512
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    8,520
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Gov Cuomo for President?

    it’s clear this will be used for political purposes as soon as it seems the worst has passed. It’s also clear the Dems know that Biden will get crushed. Could they use this emergency to pump up Cuomo as the hero of the outbreak, then hand him the nomination after Biden drops for health reasons?
    Lots of people have been saying this for a week or two

  13. #2513
    [IMG][/IMG]................

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  14. #2514
    Quote Originally Posted by Booted View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]................
    hahaha...our media is full window licker.

    I've given up hope for our future. It's fucked. Anyway you slice it or dice it. The result will be the same. The whole thing just needs a reboot.


    All over a contagious flu that will run its course no matter what we do. It will be back even if it dips out for a while.

    Hopefully enough will be immune to it. The rest hiding under rocks may get sick.

  15. #2515
    Member Steelin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    On the lake
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    109
    So the Nevada governor blocks the use of chloroquine treating virus because it's not "safe". Meanwhile, apparently doctors all over the country are prescribing it for themselves and their families in effect hoarding it. What a bizarro fucking shitshow.

  16. #2516
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    15,374
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/healt...rnd/index.html

    Where was the panic back in February?

  17. #2517
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    8,520
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelin View Post
    So the Nevada governor blocks the use of chloroquine treating virus because it's not "safe". Meanwhile, apparently doctors all over the country are prescribing it for themselves and their families in effect hoarding it. What a bizarro fucking shitshow.
    They should impeach that imbecile right now... in a ten year window there has never been more than 8 cases of malaria in nevada in a single year... and never more than 3 in a month... in some years the total was zero... what, pray tell, is he saving it for.... that huge malaria outbreak he expects?

  18. #2518
    Member Steelin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    On the lake
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    They should impeach that imbecile right now... in a ten year window there has never been more than 8 cases of malaria in nevada in a single year... and never more than 3 in a month... in some years the total was zero... what, pray tell, is he saving it for.... that huge malaria outbreak he expects?
    No he's deeming it unsafe while doctors across the US are writing themselves prescriptions for it, just in case. They've put a warning on prescribing it to stop the fraud.

  19. #2519
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Where was the panic back in February?
    South Korea. They’re reaping the benefits now.

  20. #2520
    Member
    SteelChip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Interlachen, Florida
    Posts
    6,628
    Rep Power
    205

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @SteeIerNation