Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 166 of 330 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 6600

Thread: The Coronavirus thread

  1. #3301
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    15,466
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    You know it's South Florida filled with the rona now. Yet North Florida is very light...haha.


    Knock on wood.


    You fuckers stay south of Orlando.
    Stay away from NM.
    We seem to be doing very well in the nation.
    92 positive test today though. 500 cases reported state wide

  2. #3302
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Beaconville
    Posts
    15,466
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stevielee View Post
    You mean the ones from China?

    Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

    Pass

  3. #3303
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    You know it's South Florida filled with the rona now. Yet North Florida is very light...haha.


    Knock on wood.


    You fuckers stay south of Orlando.

    Everything below Gainesville is S FL to me, lol

    Yeah, keep them down there, they all transplanted New Yawkers anyway!

    We have 9 positive cases in town now, one more than yesterday, shit getting out of hand

  4. #3304
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, PA
    Posts
    19,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Everything below Gainesville is S FL to me, lol
    In my experience the dividing line is roughly I-4.

  5. #3305
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,680
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Steelersfan View Post
    All I am pointing out is something doesn't add up. Not saying it is an elaborate hoax. Just that the evidence here isn't making a lot of practical sense.

    The news uses Italian footage and purports it's here in America. Proven lie.
    They show us long testing lines on TV and tell us tens of thousands are being tested daily.
    They tell us semi-trailers with refrigeration are being used to load up dead bodies in NY. They sit idle.
    Tent cities are erected at hospitals around the country that sit idle, some in the hardest hit areas.

    People on the street aren't seeing it in places they should be seeing it. No testing lines. Empty tents. Empty morgue trucks.

    One can readily admit that is odd given that we now have 266K cases approaching the levels of a bad flu season.

    There are 214 hospitals in the state of New York. As of this moment, there are 102,863 CV19 cases in New York state.

    As of this morning there are 52,948 CV19 cases in New York City. There are 66 hospitals in NYC. Understood that not all of these cases lead to hospitalization.

    I don't now what the hospitalization rate is. 20%? If it is, that's 10,590 people who should be in NYC hospitals with CV19.

    Yet countless of these videos I've posted are from Manhattan, showing little to no activity in the hospitals, in the tents, and idle morgue trucks. Again, just seems odd.

    Call me Wig.
    the severe case percentage is 5% currently of tested cases worldwide. so cut that number to about 2,647. That would make more sense. Most confirmed cases are sent home. Now those in the hospital have a very high death rate. the testing itself takes seconds to do and they try to keep it quick and separate so as not to have people standing in lines spreading it. It isn't the sheer number of people it is the severity of those cases they are getting in the hospitals and percentage that are dying.
    Last edited by SteelerInLebanon; 04-03-2020 at 11:07 PM.

  6. #3306
    Member Steeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,129
    Rep Power
    97
    I just read on Fox website that they now believe 35 to 50% of people infected show zero symptoms. Those with type O blood are less likely to get sick than those with type A.
    Interesting.

  7. #3307
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,650
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    the severe case percentage is 5% currently of tested cases worldwide. so cut that number to about 2,647. That would make more sense. Most confirmed cases are sent home. Now those in the hospital have a very high death rate. the testing itself takes seconds to do and they try to keep it quick and separate so as not to have people standing in lines spreading it. It isn't the sheer number of people it is the severity of those cases they are getting in the hospitals and percentage that are dying.
    Yeah, except when you look at media reports they show pictures and videos of cars parked back to back for blocks in Jacksonville and Southern California, or people standing shoulder to shoulder lining up to get tests. When real people go to Elmurst Hospital, the epicenter, nary a person can be seen per hour getting tested.

    Got it.

  8. #3308
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,650
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I just read on Fox website that they now believe 35 to 50% of people infected show zero symptoms. Those with type O blood are less likely to get sick than those with type A.
    Interesting.
    Tucker Carlson ripped Fauci tonight, citing numbers that continue to fall regarding estimates and how his #s and recommendations have destroyed the country. Good to see. They keep walking shit back, lowering the death rates, infected rates, etc.

    Not surprising. Once the CDC (after all of this is over) calculates the "undetected" cases as they do with the flu and factor those in, these fear mongering rates will severely.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  9. #3309
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post

    2 Weeks until the rebellion starts.
    You could be right, it's happened before

    Don't be a mask slacker!


  10. #3310
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    You SO want the virus to succeed in causing total destruction of our (and by “our” I mean real Americans) economy. You want it so bad that you can taste it. Your TDS is blatant, flagrant even. And you can’t hide it Flog. We know.
    When the mention of FACTS angers you and leads you to dismiss it is that person’s wish, you are in DENIAL. As if people are capable of willing something like this to happen. You, Tim and Steeltime are trying to convince yourselves this is an overreaction before it has peaked, let alone subsided. It’s a really bad way of coping with a reality you don’t like and can’t change.

  11. #3311
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    When the mention of FACTS angers you and leads you to dismiss it is that person’s wish, you are in DENIAL. As if people are capable of willing something like this to happen. You, Tim and Steeltime are trying to convince yourselves this is an overreaction before it has peaked, let alone subsided. It’s a really bad way of coping with a reality you don’t like and can’t change.
    Even if that is true, it doesn't absolve you from what Indy had said because you have yet to deny it.

    You also cannot deny the Dims are loving this.

    So point blank...do you hope for this virus to subside ASAP and for the economy to come roaring back before the next election? That is a simple yes or no answer.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  12. #3312
    Member
    SteelChip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Interlachen, Florida
    Posts
    6,746
    Rep Power
    209
    Well now...didn't see that commin'........

    Oil prices could soon turn negative as the world runs out of places to store crude, analysts warn

    The coronavirus pandemic has meant countries have effectively had to shut down, with many governments imposing draconian measures on the daily lives of billions of people.
    It has created an unprecedented demand shock in energy markets, with storage space – both onshore and offshore – quickly running out.

    Global oil storage could reach maximum capacity within weeks, energy analysts have told CNBC, as the coronavirus crisis dramatically reduces consumption and some of the world’s most powerful crude producers start to ramp up their output.

    The U.S. investment bank estimates that the world has around 1 billion barrels of spare storage capacity, but much of that will never be accessed “as the velocity of the current shock will breach transportations networks.”

    “Indeed, given the cost of shutting down a well, a producer would be willing to pay someone to dispose of a barrel, implying negative pricing in landlocked areas,” analysts at Goldman said in a research note published Monday.

    “Already, ports and refiners are turning away oil tankers. This will put even more downward pressure on prices and pose an existential threat to many companies,” Eurasia Group said.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/coro...-capacity.html

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  13. #3313
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Even if that is true, it doesn't absolve you from what Indy had said because you have yet to deny it.

    You also cannot deny the Dims are loving this.

    So point blank...do you hope for this virus to subside ASAP and for the economy to come roaring back before the next election? That is a simple yes or no answer.
    For chrissake, Tim is criticizing me for repeating the estimated deaths that TRUMP HIMSELF SAID! In other words, saying he might be right about something. How the fuck is that TDS? Please do explain.

  14. #3314
    Member ZonaBurgh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Posts
    3,519
    Rep Power
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    For chrissake, Tim is criticizing me for repeating the estimated deaths that TRUMP HIMSELF SAID! In other words, saying he might be right about something. How the fuck is that TDS? Please do explain.
    Um, Trog, still didn't answer the simple yes or no question.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  15. #3315
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, PA
    Posts
    19,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    Um, Trog, still didn't answer the simple yes or no question.
    If thousands of people have to die to keep the Orange Man from being reelected, well that's just collateral damage. /Libs

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  16. #3316
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelChip View Post
    Well now...didn't see that commin'........

    Oil prices could soon turn negative as the world runs out of places to store crude, analysts warn

    The coronavirus pandemic has meant countries have effectively had to shut down, with many governments imposing draconian measures on the daily lives of billions of people.
    It has created an unprecedented demand shock in energy markets, with storage space – both onshore and offshore – quickly running out.

    Global oil storage could reach maximum capacity within weeks, energy analysts have told CNBC, as the coronavirus crisis dramatically reduces consumption and some of the world’s most powerful crude producers start to ramp up their output.

    The U.S. investment bank estimates that the world has around 1 billion barrels of spare storage capacity, but much of that will never be accessed “as the velocity of the current shock will breach transportations networks.”

    “Indeed, given the cost of shutting down a well, a producer would be willing to pay someone to dispose of a barrel, implying negative pricing in landlocked areas,” analysts at Goldman said in a research note published Monday.

    “Already, ports and refiners are turning away oil tankers. This will put even more downward pressure on prices and pose an existential threat to many companies,” Eurasia Group said.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/coro...-capacity.html

    And yet gas prices here have not moved below $2.39. Been that way for a while came down from $2.59 and stopped.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  17. #3317
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And yet gas prices here have not moved below $2.39. Been that way for a while came down from $2.59 and stopped.
    Its below 2 here. There are even some stations at 1.40. Most are around 1.60 to 1.80.

  18. #3318
    Member ZonaBurgh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Posts
    3,519
    Rep Power
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And yet gas prices here have not moved below $2.39. Been that way for a while came down from $2.59 and stopped.
    Just guessing on my part, but the gas companies know that they won't sell any more gas below a certain price level so it doesn't make economical sense to lower the price more.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  19. #3319
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaBurgh View Post
    Um, Trog, still didn't answer the simple yes or no question.
    Of course I want it to end. My wife works in a hospital. My son works at a grocery store. My brother is an asthmatic who has had multiple bouts of pneumonia. They are all at increased risk.

  20. #3320
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    If thousands of people have to die to keep the Orange Man from being reelected, well that's just collateral damage. /Libs
    As opposed to Steeltime’s and Tim’s support of having a couple million die for the sake of the economy.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •