Page 178 of 349 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 6980

Thread: The Coronavirus thread

  1. #3541
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    LP in the burgh
    Posts
    8,649
    Rep Power
    0
    Meh im not on board with forced infections, but yes as the weather turn warmer you turn people loose... maintain your shelter in place rules for anyone in high risk groups, everyone else let er rip...a

    Also there are two types of testing:
    a molecular test looking for active genetic material
    And a blood test looking for antibodies in the system of recovered patients... we need more of the later now... we need an idea of how many are potentially immune... if we determine the number of recoverds is 20 times greater than initially expected then this is not worth fighting

  2. #3542
    Member
    hamster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Picksburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,543
    Rep Power
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I believe that I heard they are meant for testing people working in essential jobs, symptoms not withstanding.

    But again, if you're interacting with people all day what good is a negative result when you could become positive at any time? They should just call the result "negative, for now", which kind of makes the results worthless.
    Right now we are quarentining people that came in contact with someone with CV. This is true with police departments and other first responders. If they could take the test and show negative results, they could go back to much needed work sooner.
    You lost. Get over it.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #3543
    Member
    hamster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Picksburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,543
    Rep Power
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by jitter77 View Post
    so you comparing a contagious disease to something you willingly put in your body? That is not even in the same ballpark. Im not going to be catching someones heroin addiction because they coughed on me.
    I am comparing hysteria, not disease,
    SMH.
    You lost. Get over it.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  4. #3544
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Right now we are quarentining people that came in contact with someone with CV. This is true with police departments and other first responders. If they could take the test and show negative results, they could go back to much needed work sooner.
    This is the test I want to take. I am generally asymptomatic when it comes viruses of this sort. Knock on wood. No adverse flu reactions in 31 years and I've been surrounded by it on many occasions.

    I self quarantined because of my stepdaughter potential infection. So in 4 days if her results come back positive and i still feel fine,I'd damn sure like to get a test if I'm still showing nothing.

    I hope the hell it comes back negative and it was some other type of illness they didn't test her for.

  5. #3545
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    What the fuck is this ****?
    Facts & a timleine of events showing Trump and his downplaying of the pandemic.

  6. #3546
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Back to this shit.

    I went eenie, meenie, miney, moe, and picked one...

    "We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape."

    This was on Feb 14. Trump said we had 12 cases. As recent as Feb 29 the US had 69 cases, so yeah Trump was probably in the ballpark..
    You people need to understand that Trump can only go by what he is told. In late January Dr. Fauci himself said that we'll be fine. America has nothing to worry about. Trump could only go with that. And he did.

    Which brings us to the rest of that quote.
    You people need to understand that there is downplaying then there is optimism.
    Optimism is having confidence in the successful outcome of something. Downplaying is making something appear less important than it really is.

    Sure you can interpret that quote either way, but how the fuck do you libs know how he was thinking? One thing we all know that Trump is highly optimistic about everything, "everything is gonna turn out great as long as he is president". This virus isn't gonna change who he is. His approach to it is the same.

    What possible advantage is it for him to downplay the virus knowing the severity of it? Nothing. Can any of you libtards think of a reason? On Feb 14 he called it as he saw it when he said "we are in good shape".
    Fuckers.
    I can only supply you with facts. You can do (bend) with them as you please. The fact remains that trump downplayed the seriousness of the situation and has lied to the American public along the way. My favorite Trump quote, "“I never understood wind,”. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

  7. #3547
    Huge Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    13,212
    Rep Power
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I believe that I heard they are meant for testing people working in essential jobs, symptoms not withstanding.

    But again, if you're interacting with people all day what good is a negative result when you could become positive at any time? They should just call the result "negative, for now", which kind of makes the results worthless.
    true - and the fuckers standing in front of and behind you could have it, thus making it more than like you'll get it standing in line but pass the test for not having it. then you'll stroll your happy non-Covid having-Covid ass on over to Chik-Fil-A, get God's Chicken Sandwich and infect a worker in the drive thru, who will then pass it on to each and every fucker until their shift ends.

  8. #3548
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    I can only supply you with facts. You can do (bend) with them as you please. The fact remains that trump downplayed the seriousness of the situation and has lied to the American public along the way. My favorite Trump quote, "“I never understood wind,”. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”
    well this shouldn't take long

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  9. #3549
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    Facts & a timleine of events showing Trump and his downplaying of the pandemic.
    Joined 2015 and this is your third post? 5 years of lurking to come bitch about Trump.

    You do know people are on the edge of going batshit crazy even more than normal. I'd downplay it too or atleast talk in a positive light. We have enough doomsday shit from TV right now to go around for everyone.

  10. #3550
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,707
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    I can only supply you with facts. You can do (bend) with them as you please. The fact remains that trump downplayed the seriousness of the situation and has lied to the American public along the way. My favorite Trump quote, "“I never understood wind,”. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”
    Talk about bending them to your needs. Where is your condemnation of the WHO of spreading false information that even Fauci used to say on 2/21 Americans shouldn’t be concerned. Trump was being optimistic Trump but he was always, if you listen to whole speeches, using the science he was being fed and always said it was serious. Every time in every speech if you listen to the whole thing which liberals never do the grab one line and ignore the rest to make up whatever bullshit they want regardless of the actual meaning and context.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  11. #3551
    Italy and Spain didn't get over the peak by blind ignorance and sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending its a joke

    Lockdown, lockdown lockdown for a whole month is the only thing to do

    We are still weeks away from that, and the willful ignorance by some is astounding, grow a spine, use some individual discipline and
    Stay the fuck Home!

    Did U watch it?

    Did U watch it?

    Don't even talk to me until U watch it


  12. #3552
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    Talk about bending them to your needs. Where is your condemnation of the WHO of spreading false information that even Fauci used to say on 2/21 Americans shouldn’t be concerned. Trump was being optimistic Trump but he was always, if you listen to whole speeches, using the science he was being fed and always said it was serious. Every time in every speech if you listen to the whole thing which liberals never do the grab one line and ignore the rest to make up whatever bullshit they want regardless of the actual meaning and context.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Thank you for getting right to the 'whataboutism'. For those that don't know: Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. It is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

    Again, I can only present facts.

  13. #3553
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Joined 2015 and this is your third post? 5 years of lurking to come bitch about Trump.

    You do know people are on the edge of going batshit crazy even more than normal. I'd downplay it too or atleast talk in a positive light. We have enough doomsday shit from TV right now to go around for everyone.
    Stop watching tv.

  14. #3554
    Watch Italy, they are the closest model there is to what is happening.

    They show a strict lockdown and time is the only "cure". We are still weeks behind them.

    Stay the fuck at home!

  15. #3555
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    Stop watching tv.
    I could give two shits about tv.

  16. #3556
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00030794503624


    Another perspective away from the hysteria. Hope the link works

  17. #3557
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,707
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    Thank you for getting right to the 'whataboutism'. For those that don't know: Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. It is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

    Again, I can only present facts.
    It isn't whataboutism to point out that the things he is and was saying came from experts and organizations that are supposed to the leading sources. it isn't whataboutism to point out that Nancy Pelosi was at the same time telling people to go to fucking Chinatown and party while Trump was actually doing something about it.

    You are not presenting facts at all, in FACT you are spreading the worst kind of lies by using peoples words edited and taken out of context to completely change the meaning. You and your ilk do Joseph Goebbels proud. I have directly refuted and disproved your argument and all of your arguments have been factually disproven on this thread any times yet you still regurgitate known lies.

    If you want to post these statements and "facts" in full we will talk but since that would destroy your argument we know you won't.

    The Following 5 Users Like This Post:



  18. #3558
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    It isn't whataboutism to point out that the things he is and was saying came from experts and organizations that are supposed to the leading sources. it isn't whataboutism to point out that Nancy Pelosi was at the same time telling people to go to fucking Chinatown and party while Trump was actually doing something about it.

    You are not presenting facts at all, in FACT you are spreading the worst kind of lies by using peoples words edited and taken out of context to completely change the meaning. You and your ilk do Joseph Goebbels proud. I have directly refuted and disproved your argument and all of your arguments have been factually disproven on this thread any times yet you still regurgitate known lies.

    If you want to post these statements and "facts" in full we will talk but since that would destroy your argument we know you won't.
    Again, I can only present you with the facts. You can distort them as you wish.

  19. #3559
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,707
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleagle View Post
    Again, I can only present you with the facts. You can distort them as you wish.
    I am still waiting for you to present one single actual fact.

  20. #3560
    Member Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,706
    Rep Power
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelr4evr View Post
    Joined 2015 and this is your third post? 5 years of lurking to come bitch about Trump.

    You do know people are on the edge of going batshit crazy even more than normal. I'd downplay it too or atleast talk in a positive light. We have enough doomsday shit from TV right now to go around for everyone.
    It's Elfie and it's not surprising. Elfie used multiple accounts. Not a surprise, as many times as he/she/shit has been banned that he/she/shit has many accounts. Back in 2015, he/she/shit likely created multiple accounts in the event he/she/shit was banned again. It just wasn't used and he/she/shit has revived it.

    Eflie also employs the use of many and rotating IP addresses so Elfie can hide.

    Elfie also pretends to be many things - hispanic, Jewish, Native American, Hindu, Honky, suffering Aspergers, a recovering cancer survivor, is gay, lesbian bi and transgender, and is also an African American.

    Elfie can change he/she/shit's screen name, IP address, gender, race and history in the blink of an eye.

    But Elfie cannot seem to change the way he/she/shit communicates and therefore is always immediately detected on post one.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:




Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •