Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben on his way back!

Ben on his way back!

Nice article from the PG this morning. Good to hear Ben is doing so well. And, he admitted to having pain for a long time, not just the beginning of last year.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202003220038

Good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Gunslinger like Ben is definitely going to have over many years. Great to know others have had this same procedure and come back stronger.

You could tell something was wrong with his arm by his off target throws the first two games last year. His accuracy save for long balls is usually very good.

Look forward to his return....now kill this damn virus already.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Also from the article:

Roethlisberger laughed at the idea a lot of Steelers fans are worried about his weight as much as his elbow. They saw him in the video the team posted or saw him courtside at the Kansas-West Virginia basketball game Feb. 12.

“I’ve heard people say I’m fat, and that just blows my mind,” Roethlisberger said. “I’m lighter and in better shape than I was in either of the past two years. I haven’t stopped working out. I normally don’t work out in the offseason, but I’ve been doing everything five days a week with my trainer. Cardio twice a week. Legs twice a week. Upper body twice a week …

“I guess it’s my beard that makes me look heavier. I must have five pounds in that, I know. But I’m not overweight.”

I sure hope we get 2 good years from Ben so he can retire the right way. It sure will be fun to watch.

I think the big man will be locked and loaded for 2020. As was pointed out, this surgery has progressed dramatically since Bradshaw had it performed in what, 1982.

Ben will be fine and so will the Steelers. I think they will incorporate the run game more than in past years and not rely on Ben to throw 40 to 50 passes a game like in past years. The signing of D.Watt and I really think the first pick will be a RB and the offensive philosophy changes to a more run oriented offense put together with a much improved stingy defense.

Just when you thought I was done! I'll be feasting on the NFL come 2020.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Good read. One thing I will say is Switzer is a Ben guy (And I assume that is legit), and you can forge a chemistry even if the guy isn't 6-2 with a 4.4 -40. Switzer and MacDonald REALLY struggled without Ben.

Lifetime Member

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

For having a bum elbow, he threw the ball well in NE, except Dropcreif dropped two TDs and 5 other passes and Holton had a long pass go right through his hands

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurt View Post
    I think the big man will be locked and loaded for 2020. As was pointed out, this surgery has progressed dramatically since Bradshaw had it performed in what, 1982.

different surgeries from what i understand. TB had Tommy John which is UCL reconstruction which takes a ligament from another part of the body (wrist or leg) and replaces the old torn one. Per article above, BB had tendon flexors re-attached. Both sound significant though.

All the nay sayers of Ben saw what it will be after he departs, Ben on the rise we got a TE worth a crap and now if we can plug in some needed positions lets go

Bradshaw admitted he started throwing way earlier than the doctors wanted and probably damaged the elbow before the season even started. With Ben doing what he is supposed to and all the med tech it is a completely different ballgame.

Great news! Will be an added plus to have Jameis Winston on board backing him up for a year or two, but can't wait to see Ben out there being his usual gunslinger self.

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Great news! Will be an added plus to have Jameis Winston on board backing him up for a year or two, but can't wait to see Ben out there being his usual gunslinger self.
    Im all in with ben,, or deal with who we have now. Don't want to spend a lot of wasted money on a qb who cant get it done. If they wanted to spend money on a back up qb they could / should have picked up Bridgewater. And even then I wouldn't like spending that money on a back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Do you know something I don't?
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Do you know something I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    Im all in with ben,, or deal with who we have now. Don't want to spend a lot of wasted money on a qb who cant get it done. If they wanted to spend money on a back up qb they could / should have picked up Bridgewater. And even then I wouldn't like spending that money on a back up.
    I may be the only one here, but I would have LOVED to have Bridgewater here.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I may be the only one here, but I would have LOVED to have Bridgewater here.
    Maybe it's just me, but I saw Bridgewater in 3 games last season and he made Rudolph look like a gunslinger. Every freaking pass was a dump-off or conservative throw to a guy 3 yards from the LOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I saw Bridgewater in 3 games last season and he made Rudolph look like a gunslinger. Every freaking pass was a dump-off or conservative throw to a guy 3 yards from the LOS.
    That's how Marsha made his millions

This is great news. He might even play longer than expected if they build a balanced O around him. They seem to be well on the way to doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast