Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Could We Have NFL Season Without Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Shit they are already human testing with these medicinal trials. And we aren't talking some rinky dinky testing labs, we are talking about major hospital administering drugs. These covid 19 patients are the human guinea pigs and they are being injected and monitored. Sure an official vaccine might not be approved and distributed for a year / year in a half. But if enough get tested with favorable results technically they can start loosening the umbilical cord of staying home sooner than later.
    i have not seen any news of any drug going to human testing. not saying it hasn't, just that i haven't seen it. Even if a drug were in official human testing, it takes time gather sufficient data to ensure they know the drug actually does what they think it does and not cause other issues. that takes time and multiple control groups. manufcature and distro also takes time depending on the nature of the drug - cure or vaccine. I'm no expert and don't claim to be...just see that we are in for a longer haul than just a few weeks. i hope i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    i have not seen any news of any drug going to human testing. not saying it hasn't, just that i haven't seen it. Even if a drug were in official human testing, it takes time gather sufficient data to ensure they know the drug actually does what they think it does and not cause other issues. that takes time and multiple control groups. manufcature and distro also takes time depending on the nature of the drug - cure or vaccine. I'm no expert and don't claim to be...just see that we are in for a longer haul than just a few weeks. i hope i am wrong.
    One major hospital is administering Plaquenil obviously it has to be green lighted by the patient. But they are giving it.

Sure they can, it is taking place as we speak and I have visually witnessed it within a chart.
    If you are in the field and have first hand knowledge, I'm certainly not going to argue. I didn't know they could do that.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

One major hospital is administering Plaquenil obviously it has to be green lighted by the patient. But they are giving it.
    What's Plaquenil Slash?

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    What's Plaquenil Slash?
    The malaria drug.

Hydroxychloroquine Listen to pronunciation
    Brand name: Plaquenil
    Immunosuppressive drug and anti-parasite
    It can treat and prevent malaria. It can also treat lupus and arthritis.
    Last edited by slashsteel; 04-05-2020 at 11:41 AM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

but that isn't controlled testing though. not saying it isn't data, but without controlled studies, hard to believe it will be greenlighted for mass use. human trials are carefully constructed test and groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    but that isn't controlled testing though. not saying it isn't data, but without controlled studies, hard to believe it will be greenlighted for mass use. human trials are carefully constructed test and groups.
    I get what you are saying but they have controlled studies in regards to what it did to malaria patients I would think.

Not suggesting the outcomes would be the same but I think the thinking it is relatively safe to administer.. Can't speak for what goes on outside in labs/test groups as I have no idea what is ongoing. I think there is some level of comfort or desperation however you want to look at it that they chose that particular drug to run with. As we know there is a lot in the works outside of what I mentioned. I think they can still study the data in front of them. Who knows perhaps it never gets passed where it is now. I do know the patient is still kicking and he had a ton of comorbidities including PNA. I know a small sample. But there has been rumblings in the news.............
    Last edited by slashsteel; 04-05-2020 at 04:12 PM.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

We should hear something within the next month on some of these treatment studies.They'll all be relatively small sample sizes, but better than no information at all.

All guesswork at this point, but no fan football is better than no football. Itís a wait and see thing at this point. Canít rush it.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Here's a thought... What if we take one boy and one girl from the family of each states past or present congress members (house & senate) and put them in an arena where they will fight to the death while we watch. The winner gets the right to run for congress or senate the following term!

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post
    Here's a thought... What if we take one boy and one girl from the family of each states past or present congress members (house & senate) and put them in an arena where they will fight to the death while we watch. The winner gets the right to run for congress or senate the following term!

I like the idea............... Maybe under a dome or something of that nature................

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

wig

US Veteran

I think we will be in this quarrentine thru june. Given that, don't you think the NFLPA, and NFL should consider a fully tested training camp, Everyone stays on campus, closed sessions. And a longer Training camp to prepare, since there is no rookie camp, or training sessions this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    I think we will be in this quarrentine thru june. Given that, don't you think the NFLPA, and NFL should consider a fully tested training camp, Everyone stays on campus, closed sessions. And a longer Training camp to prepare, since there is no rookie camp, or training sessions this spring?
    That is one way to combat it.. It will be that or no training camp. I would think something would be altered.

Quote Originally Posted by wig View Post
    Watch the movie " The Condemned " on netflix you might like it........ stone cold Steve Austin movie
    Last edited by Paul G; 04-08-2020 at 07:23 PM.

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    What's Plaquenil Slash?
    hydroxychloroquine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234