Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy shit, we got our TE!!! Eric Ebron signs with Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    So let's pick apart those numbers Mr Stats. 2018 was his only 'good year'. Who was his QB? Andrew Luck. He put up decent yardage with Stafford as his QB. Luck is miles better. Then he regressed last year. Wonder why that was? Oh, his QBs were Jacoby Brissett and Bryan Hoyer.

I will put money today on him having better numbers with Ben, then he did all of last year. In fact, his numbers should be closer to Luck's year with a healthy Ben throwing jump balls his way.
    If I remember correctly they also had another good TE right?

Ol stat king cooch
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

The Following User Likes This Post:

So let's pick apart those numbers Mr Stats. 2018 was his only 'good year'. Who was his QB? Andrew Luck. He put up decent yardage with Stafford as his QB. Luck is miles better. Then he regressed last year. Wonder why that was? Oh, his QBs were Jacoby Brissett and Bryan Hoyer.

I will put money today on him having better numbers with Ben, then he did all of last year. In fact, his numbers should be closer to Luck's year with a healthy Ben throwing jump balls his way.
    As long as he can catch the ball, I concur. He will have a much better season this year. Gotta keep him away from the Coach virus.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Hmm, interesting chart...

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
    Great talent but he has poor hands, he will kill you with drops and help you with spectacular catches.
    That's probably more accurate. Still like the signing.

Also, this would be a good set up for a 2 TE set.
    Last edited by Djfan; 03-20-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Great signing.

Great sign that FO thinks Ben is good to go!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte
    It's unfortunate but when you mix those issues into a bucket, you're going to get incidents like this. -- Deljzc on French terrorist murders

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Listen up fans boys. Ebron started just 19 games in the past three seasons!

He's nothing special and last season caught 31 balls for 375 yards. ( 12.1 a catch ) and 3 TD's. Are these numbers worth 6 million a year??? He's not much of a blocker either..

Ebron had one good season, that's it.

Who passed his medical?

Archive the above to open in the next 2 years. I have spoken.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/3815723002/
    Dang you Coach. I didn't know Ebron from LEbron. Everyone was excited, so I was excited. Now you do this to me.

I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Listen up fans boys. Ebron started just 19 games in the past three seasons!

He's nothing special and last season caught 31 balls for 375 yards. ( 12.1 a catch ) and 3 TD's. Are these numbers worth 6 million a year??? He's not much of a blocker either..

Ebron had one good season, that's it.

Who passed his medical?

Archive the above to open in the next 2 years. I have spoken.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/3815723002/
    You have spoken and no one has listened or no one has given a shit.Last I checked Vance reworked his deal. That means he is playing going forward. That is two quality TE's. You are not signing a guy with absolutely no warts. Not happening. good move.

Some of those stats are just ridiculous. Why are people comparing him to Miller the past 6 years? Miller retired in 2015. It's stupid. Of course he isn't going to have a lot of stats SINCE HE RETIRED.

Oh my since 2017 he has the 6th most red zone TDs by a TE. Ok so what? The reason they used 2017? Yup, because he had one good year in 2018. Before 2017 he had 7 TDs in 3 years. Also why not sure total TDs instead of RZ? I think we know why.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    You have spoken and no one has listened or no one has given a shit.Last I checked Vance reworked his deal. That means he is playing going forward. That is two quality TE's. You are not signing a guy with absolutely no warts. Not happening. good move.
    I have wanted Ebron for awhile hard to get TEs that can actually stretch the field.
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Some of those stats are just ridiculous. Why are people comparing him to Miller the past 6 years? Miller retired in 2015. It's stupid. Of course he isn't going to have a lot of stats SINCE HE RETIRED.

Oh my since 2017 he has the 6th most red zone TDs by a TE. Ok so what? The reason they used 2017? Yup, because he had one good year in 2018. Before 2017 he had 7 TDs in 3 years.
    I wasn't really paying attention to the Miller stat anyways when I posted it. So many different scenarios come into play teaching,scheme,QB under center, health,etc. I just like the guys receiving potential all I got from it.............
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Some of those stats are just ridiculous. Why are people comparing him to Miller
    I think the chart showing side-by-side stats of Miller & Ebron's first six years in the league is relevant, and pretty eye-opening how close those numbers are. No guarantees of course that Ebron will continue on the same trajectory as Heath, but the fact their numbers are comparable is a good baseline for where Ebron is right now, six years in. Of course Miller was 10x the blocker Ebron is, and a much more complete TE, but as far as pure pass catching stats, Ebron's career thus far is nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by Tibs; 03-20-2020 at 06:49 PM.

US Veteran

im ok with people showing stats that are contrary..

Im not ok with acting like a douche about it all. Vader did not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    TE could still be a need. Ebron is not a blocker. Hes pretty much a big WR. Steelers still need a blocking TE. Good news is that blocking TEs can usually be had late in the draft.
    Macdonald is quite good at blocking IIRC, check some tape when you get some free time. My internet sucks or I would look for a video and post it here

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Here We GO!!!

Honestly, I'd think Vance will still start. He is the better blocker. We also have to remember that Vance had some of the worst drop rates I've ever seen on a player when he played in SF. That disappeared when he came here. I can only hope the same happens for Ebron.

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Honestly, I'd think Vance will still start. He is the better blocker. We also have to remember that Vance had some of the worst drop rates I've ever seen on a player when he played in SF. That disappeared when he came here. I can only hope the same happens for Ebron.
    Yes, I think Vance will be the in-line blocker, with Ebron lining up at H-back, in the slot and basically moved around a lot. Adding Ebron may do wonders for Vance's game as well, as I imagine defenses will be more focused on Ebron on passing downs, turning Vance into a nifty dump-off option for Ben. And we know he's pretty good after the catch, the stiff-arms, fighting for 1st downs, et al.

How big is his head?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

It will all come down to....Big Ben. Will Ben use ALL of his weapons? Hopefully, it all works out. :)

And then there is a possibility that you could put both TE's on the field at the same time.
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I think the chart showing side-by-side stats of Miller & Ebron's first six years in the league is relevant, and pretty eye-opening how close those numbers are. No guarantees of course that Ebron will continue on the same trajectory as Heath, but the fact their numbers are comparable is a good baseline for where Ebron is right now, six years in. Of course Miller was 10x the blocker Ebron is, and a much more complete TE, but as far as pure pass catching stats, Ebron's career thus far is nothing to sneeze at.
    One was about the "last" 6 years. Not Miller's first 6 years. The one you posted was about Miller's first 6 years. But again you can't compare them just by stats. Even in the passing game Miller caught 72% of his targets. Ebron caught 63%. That's nothing to sneeze at either. He's known for dropping the ball. He makes some great catches but he can put a lot on the turf. Also Miller started with Ben. Another strange stat with Ebron. He has only started 47 out of 83 games he played in. I'd have to check but it appears he didn't even start most of the time. Even in his 1 good year he started half (8) of the teams games.

I understand Colbert needs to fill needs right now. But to make this guy seem like the 2nd coming of Miller is a bit off to me.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast