Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Artie Burns signs with Bears

Artie Burns signs with Bears

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    28m
    Former Steelers’ cornerback Artie Burns is signing with the Bears on a one-year deal, per
    @RosenhausSports

Good that he was signed, give him a chance to stick and possibly start.

Good luck Artie...

The Following User Likes This Post:

Godspeed, Artie. Talk about a hardship case, raising his siblings when his dad was jailed. Thought he would be able to turn into a decent corner with us, seemed to have the physical tools. Too many obstacles to overcome, plus the pressure of being a 1st round pick, sadly it never worked out. He and Jarvis were the two reach picks in the first round I wish we had back. Too early to tell with Edmunds, hope he's on a different path a la Dupree.

Wish Artie and his family nothing but the best. Maybe he can work his way back and regain some confidence with the Bears.
    Last edited by Tibs; 03-21-2020 at 03:16 PM.

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

I've always wondered if he was just a casualty of bad coaching. I hope he finds his way.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Nick Vannett gone too. That was a quick turnaround for a guy we sent over a 5th round pick. But with Ebron on board, Steelers were probably smart to not throw too much money at him.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

The bears got Burned.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully a career turnaround.
    Didn’t pan out in the B&G.

He has a good head on his shoulders though.

I didn't know he was gone.
    Well Yippy Skippy - Author Unknown

I was so happy we drafted him. Had high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I've always wondered if he was just a casualty of bad coaching. I hope he finds his way.
    Jesus...The old blame the coach....

Guys have potential to make millions and it's the fucking coaches fault....These guys can BUY THAT FUCKING COACHING...They can hire position coaches, personal trainers, nutritionists, but it's the coaches fault...BS

The coaches don't line up & play
    Last edited by SteveA; 03-21-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Nick Vannett gone too. That was a quick turnaround for a guy we sent over a 5th round pick. But with Ebron on board, Steelers were probably smart to not throw too much money at him.

Good luck to Artie Burns.!

But with the compensation formula, you'd have to be the CHEATRIOTS and get 4 comp pick for our guys but US STEELERS will be lucky to add up to ANOTHER THRIRD.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

I think we are slotted for a fourth and two sixes.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    That has always been my question about him. He has all the physical attributes you want. If it were just Burns-it would be a hard argument. But add in Cotex Allen and a few other past players that have come and gone-one has to wonder if they've been coached properly at the pro level. I would've like to have seen what Austin and Bradley could've done with him another year. Oh well. Time for Artie to get on with his life's work

I didn't like the signing from the start. I believe I was into my second scotch of the evening and called him a "Crunk toothed piece of shit" lol. Sorry about that Artie. Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    That has always been my question about him. He has all the physical attributes you want. If it were just Burns-it would be a hard argument. But add in Cotex Allen and a few other past players that have come and gone-one has to wonder if they've been coached properly at the pro level. I would've like to have seen what Austin and Bradley could've done with him another year. Oh well. Time for Artie to get on with his life's work
    Poor analogy. Stating the same for Nelson, Hilton, Sutton, and Haden? How about the LBs? DL? OL? WRs? RBs? Ben.

Either a coaching can coach or it can't. This staff has shown they can coach up players. Some players lack the mental makeup to become great or even good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Poor analogy. Stating the same for Nelson, Hilton, Sutton, and Haden? How about the LBs? DL? OL? WRs? RBs? Ben.

Either a coaching can coach or it can't. This staff has shown they can coach up players. Some players lack the mental makeup to become great or even good.
    I don't agree with you on this one. I'm a wrestling coach and there are some kids I just can't get through too. It doesn't mean that I'm a bad coach or that the kid isn't a good student of the sport, it just means that we don't relate to one another. Look at Noll and Bradshaw for instance...there was a time early in Bradshaw's career where he SUCKED and Noll benched him. Luckily, Terry pulled it together and the rest is history.

Lets have a party.. and he actually gets signed, good luck Bears. This guy could pull together his shoe strings let alone his career

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Godspeed, Artie. Talk about a hardship case, raising his siblings when his dad was jailed. Thought he would be able to turn into a decent corner with us, seemed to have the physical tools. Too many obstacles to overcome, plus the pressure of being a 1st round pick, sadly it never worked out. He and Jarvis were the two reach picks in the first round I wish we had back. Too early to tell with Edmunds, hope he's on a different path a la Dupree.

Wish Artie and his family nothing but the best. Maybe he can work his way back and regain some confidence with the Bears.
    Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

Gone about as far away as possible and not by his own choice, I wish nothing but the best for Artie Burns. As to why it did not work out for him here:
    1. I think he is more of a press man guy. That is a technique in itself. And the Steelers do not play a lot of that. For sure at some point got asked to play more off coverage. He looked a little guessy which is death to a DB.
    2. He got a rap, on the PI (fair and unfair) and that really fucked him up. That was probably born in technique of adapting to what they asked him to do.

Lifetime Member

Best wishes Artie!!! Find your way, young man...

The Following 3 Users Like This Post: