Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: Is the 2020 Offense Already Ahead of 2018?

Is the 2020 Offense Already Ahead of 2018?

Assuming Ben is healthy you can make the case the 2020 offense already looks stronger than 2018.

McDonald + Ebron stronger than McDonald and James

Connor, Snell and Samuels stronger than Connor and Samuels

Shuster, Washington, Johnson ? Shuster, Brown, Switzer

We didn't really have a back-up RB in 2018 nor a quality 3rd receiver. Brown was a superstar, but Johnson & Washington 2019 stats were fairly equivalent to Brown's 2018..

Even if you think it is more even, you can see adding a play maker or two in the draft, will put the 2020 offense over the top.

Blog Entries
    If the offense can get to that 2015-2017 type of flow with the defense being dominant.
    This team should be a favorite to make a run.

Here’s hoping.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

The reality is Ben and Conner are both coming off injuries. Will JuJu bounce back? On top of that, the offensive line looks like it'll be worse, the offensive coaching staff isn't as good (we'll see what Matt Canada brings to the table), and there's no Antonio Brown in the lineup.I don't see this offense being anywhere near ahead of where they were entering 2018.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    The reality is Ben and Conner are both coming off injuries. Will JuJu bounce back? On top of that, the offensive line looks like it'll be worse, the offensive coaching staff isn't as good (we'll see what Matt Canada brings to the table), and there's no Antonio Brown in the lineup.I don't see this offense being anywhere near ahead of where they were entering 2018.
    Don't have any idea how it will play out but having a pass catching TE that can be explosive should greatly stabilize the offense. Ben is right on track and in good shape. And the draft could provide a few attractive options.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by slashsteel; 03-25-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Don't have any idea how it will play out but having a pass catching TE that can be explosive should greatly stabilize the offense. Ben is right on track and I'm good shape. And the draft could provide a few attractive options.

I was sold on the Hybrid Safety Linebacker out of Clemson. But now I'm thinking if Claypool is there at 2.20 (Doubtful) go for it. Claypool, Juju, Washington, Johnson, (MacDonald/ Ebron). No AB, but that might be the best receiving CORPS they have had.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I was sold on the Hybrid Safety Linebacker out of Clemson. But now I'm thinking if Claypool is there at 2.20 (Doubtful) go for it. Claypool, Juju, Washington, Johnson, (MacDonald/ Ebron). No AB, but that might be the best receiving CORPS they have had.
    Subtle Cdn hype .... with his size would Claypool qualify as a 3 TE set with Mac/Eb

Looking forward to see what Whyte can do next year. Looked explosive on limited action since we brought him over. Also, Cain is another player that has the possibility to stretch the field and as Tomlin says take the top off the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Don't have any idea how it will play out but having a pass catching TE that can be explosive should greatly stabilize the offense. Ben is right on track and in good shape. And the draft could provide a few attractive options.

Don't use "wishful thinking" or " I hope he falls to us" type thought and WHO do you see REALISTICLY being our first pick ? Not trying to put yaz on the spot and I realize there are a lot of variables involved, but I'm just looking to see what you think might happen. Thanks slash.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Yes. Ben will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Yes. Ben will be back

What the fuck do you know,..........maybe BEN will be FRONT.... !!!............... j/k

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Don't use "wishful thinking" or " I hope he falls to us" type thought and WHO do you see REALISTICLY being our first pick ? Not trying to put yaz on the spot and I realize there are a lot of variables involved, but I'm just looking to see what you think might happen. Thanks slash.

Salute the nation
    Depends on how the draft falls. Good top depth at T/WR/RB/ ok at C and G.

Probably be the usual run on QBs and WRs and Tackles.

Which leaves a C, G , or RB if I had to guess.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Here We GO!!!

The only thing that matters, is with Ben back, we'll be better than the 2019 offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The only thing that matters, is with Ben back, we'll be better than the 2019 offense!
    We had an offense in 2019? it reminded me of John McKay's quote When asked what do you think about your teams execution.. his response " I'm in favor of it" that's how I felt about our offense last year.

If our offense can improve and should with BEN and the new FA TE, our "D" can maintain with little drop from last year, we are going places #7 wants us to go........................... (Led Zeppelin) "stairway to seven,....U'm I mean HEAVEN"

Salute the nation