Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: NFL Draft player : JK Dobbins RB Ohio State VS

  1. #1

    NFL Draft player : JK Dobbins RB Ohio State VS



    Out of the gates you can see Dobbins good vision. As he sees the potential hole and attacks it. His speed is on display. A little later you can see he is more than a inside runner he can kick it outside and quickly. Later you see his toughness as they roll up on his ankle. he comes back in and shows his hand capability. Then shows some tough running inside.. Then you can see his blocking capable. Yet another play shows him running thru tackles for a first down.


    My two and a half cents:


    This is why I like him he shows capable in just about every avenue you can think of. This was no push over he was making look silly either. This was against mighty Clemson on a stage you want your best to shine and shine he did.

  2. #2
    Good looking player. Good place to draft him. Similar to the idea of Claypool from one respect. Pretty crowded running back room with a fair amount of capital already invested. So does he provide more value at running back in a crowded room than Claypool would at receiver. And obviously that is rhetorical as I already know your answer. Thing is you only get one running back on the field at time, where if a receiver causes physical mismatch problems he helps everyone. I think Claypool is more of a homerun shot.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  3. #3
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    14,654
    Rep Power
    368
    I also noticed he doesn't have that delayed moment (LeVeon bell) and reads real well. That's a good thing because that delayed style is figured out. Seemed like pretty good hands but pass blocking needs just a little work (Clemson made it hard on him but he prevailed). Unless James C. Duplicates his first starter back season, Dobbins would be the best RB on the team.

    He's in the mix as he should be but the real question as in any draft, who are the STEELERS targeting?



    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    Good looking player. Good place to draft him. Similar to the idea of Claypool from one respect. Pretty crowded running back room with a fair amount of capital already invested. So does he provide more value at running back in a crowded room than Claypool would at receiver. And obviously that is rhetorical as I already know your answer. Thing is you only get one running back on the field at time, where if a receiver causes physical mismatch problems he helps everyone. I think Claypool is more of a homerun shot.
    I would say right now we have more talent at WR with a higher ceiling. We can now probably add TE too. At RB we have an often injured player and ok depth. I don't think anyone behind JC has a high ceiling. Can be a argument for G/T as well. I think Claypool has deep play potential, but I think overall Dobbins has a higher floor and a more rounded skill set. Obviously the team could use a deep threat at WR and a more stable RB. I think it is a pick your poison. I think of Claypool more of a boom or bust. For how crowded the backfield is the talent level doesn't equal the numbers.

    They could always trade one of those 4s to move up in 3 and get both of them! Although I know some think Clay will be gone in 2.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I also noticed he doesn't have that delayed moment (LeVeon bell) and reads real well. That's a good thing because that delayed style is figured out. Seemed like pretty good hands but pass blocking needs just a little work (Clemson made it hard on him but he prevailed). Unless James C. Duplicates his first starter back season, Dobbins would be the best RB on the team.

    He's in the mix as he should be but the real question as in any draft, who are the STEELERS targeting?



    Salute the nation
    Outside of DeCastro we don't have the youth to blow open holes like they were doing....age has set in. They are an O-lineman short of being solid IMO.


    Outside of unknown players falling early the visit thread shows some interests.I think most are valid interests if not all.
    Last edited by slashsteel; 04-05-2020 at 08:04 AM.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I would say right now we have more talent at WR with a higher ceiling. We can now probably add TE too. At RB we have an often injured player and ok depth. I don't think anyone behind JC has a high ceiling. Can be a argument for G/T as well. I think Claypool has deep play potential, but I think overall Dobbins has a higher floor and a more rounded skill set. Obviously the team could use a deep threat at WR and a more stable RB. I think it is a pick your poison. I think of Claypool more of a boom or bust. For how crowded the backfield is the talent level doesn't equal the numbers.

    They could always trade one of those 4s to move up in 3 and get both of them! Although I know some think Clay will be gone in 2.
    I would agree. We have a fragile number one. I don't think there is anyway to judge what is behind him. If you take an NFL defense playing against a team with an undeveloped pass game and a non running QB it is damn near impossible to run the ball.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I would agree. We have a fragile number one. I don't think there is anyway to judge what is behind him. If you take an NFL defense playing against a team with an undeveloped pass game and a non running QB it is damn near impossible to run the ball.
    Probably get a better read on that this year. but we don't want to get caught with our pants down.

    For me I would go some combination of G/T-RB-WR in 2-3-4 provided they are within the BPA acceptable range. Unless OLBer or ILBer or NT has better value. But I am not so sure they will. As I see this a top heavy RB class. A deep WR class, a decent T class. and a 2-3 round G/C worthy class.

    So again for me the only thing I see invading the 2-3-4 mind frame based on the talent in this draft would be OLBer..

    Some might say CB for talent level but I am not confident this team could pick the right player. Probably best to stay clear of that plus they have a Layne to zoom in on anyways...

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0
    I wouldn’t hate the selection and think he could come in and contribute from day 1. We need playmakers on offense and Connor can not be trusted to last a full season. I don’t like the thought of having Snell as our lead back another year as well.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Probably get a better read on that this year. but we don't want to get caught with our pants down.

    For me I would go some combination of G/T-RB-WR in 2-3-4 provided they are within the BPA acceptable range. Unless OLBer or ILBer or NT has better value. But I am not so sure they will. As I see this a top heavy RB class. A deep WR class, a decent T class. and a 2-3 round G/C worthy class.

    So again for me the only thing I see invading the 2-3-4 mind frame based on the talent in this draft would be OLBer..

    Some might say CB for talent level but I am not confident this team could pick the right player. Probably best to stay clear of that plus they have a Layne to zoom in on anyways...
    It’s going to be interesting Slash. Once again we will be relying on Big Ben for our success. Which definitely gets me nervous. We all know Ben has slowed down,and although he has a few escape miracles still up his sleeve,it’s not like the old days. Which means our Oline has to be rock solid along with our running game. They certainly have room for improvement judging on last season. Let’s hope Pouncey’s shit season was a fluke. Big Al was not much better. I am one that believes Samuels doesn’t bring that much to the team. I was hoping for more......I just don’t see it. So I definitely agree with the positional picks,let’s hope the BPA lines up with it.

    I get more nervous about putting all our eggs in one basket with Ben. Let’s hope that Line protects him and he comes back strong. I really wish we had the $$$$ to sign a quality Backup. I could be wrong.... I know it was his first starts and all that Jazzzz. But someone should compile every QB play for last year and put it up on some stream site. Now that would be depressing. Between Rudy and the Duckster that had to be the worst QB play I have ever seen. And yes.....I went through the 80’s and 90’s.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelmann View Post
    It’s going to be interesting Slash. Once again we will be relying on Big Ben for our success. Which definitely gets me nervous. We all know Ben has slowed down,and although he has a few escape miracles still up his sleeve,it’s not like the old days. Which means our Oline has to be rock solid along with our running game. They certainly have room for improvement judging on last season. Let’s hope Pouncey’s shit season was a fluke. Big Al was not much better. I am one that believes Samuels doesn’t bring that much to the team. I was hoping for more......I just don’t see it. So I definitely agree with the positional picks,let’s hope the BPA lines up with it.

    I get more nervous about putting all our eggs in one basket with Ben. Let’s hope that Line protects him and he comes back strong. I really wish we had the $$$$ to sign a quality Backup. I could be wrong.... I know it was his first starts and all that Jazzzz. But someone should compile every QB play for last year and put it up on some stream site. Now that would be depressing. Between Rudy and the Duckster that had to be the worst QB play I have ever seen. And yes.....I went through the 80’s and 90’s.
    Of course we will go as far as Ben takes us, but we now have a defense that can assist in the quest and are capable of holding their own. No secret I wished for a vet backup but that looks like that is a lost want. Unless there is a cheap last minute signing (doubtful). Wouldn't shock me to some Nationers dismay to see a QB drafted somewhere with in the 3 to 7 round range, I would say if they aren't going to bring in a vet or draft a QB in three or four don't bother. As we need a upgrade over at least Duck. O-line is a mystery which you can bank on a T or G or both being drafted somewhere along the draft process.

    I see Jaysam as the RB on the outside looking in once RB is addressed in the draft or by a cheap signing late in the process. He just looks like he is in decline for whatever reason. He should be approaching this off-season as if his job is on the line, because I believe it is.

    A RB high would damn sure help ease some of that pressure off Ben especially with a vision and speed one like Dobbins or an elusive one like CEH. My two favorite RBs in the draft.


    I tell ya long shots to happen but I damn sure wouldn't mind trading one 4th to move up in three or a next year pick to get a pick this year one round later. Say a second next year for a third this year.

    Our team just got hit with the depth club pretty hard. A lot of depth needs for one reason or another. We are talking at S/ILB/OLB/QB/G(C) or T/ speed WR.

    And that is with what I believe to be a solid off-season so far minus Dupree. My one minor complaint that something hasn't been worked out yet. Because that could free up a little more money this year to tweak a little more depth concerns...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post


    My two and a half cents:


    This is why I like him he shows capable in just about every avenue you can think of. This was no push over he was making look silly either. This was against mighty Clemson on a stage you want your best to shine and shine he did.
    That extra half cent did it for me. I like it.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  12. #12
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    14,654
    Rep Power
    368
    I really think we need at least 1 OL in the first two picks. Hopefully a VERY solid step right in type. We all talk of offensive weapons but without an OL, those weapons can't do much. If BEN isn't kept up-right our season is over and it's the OL who keep him standing. I may be a little overboard on this but I stand firm and also a professional so you could say "I'm outstanding in the field".





    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  13. #13
    If I were King I would totally draft Dobbins if he were there. I don't think he will be but you look at the skill set and its all there. No point in discussing Connor anymore as we all know about his upside and downside. Benny Snell is a plugger - good for grinding out yards in a ball control mode but not much more. Samuels is a gadget guy. The only RB on the team capable of breaking off those long runs (Whyte) is small and buried on the depth chart. Dobbins is a game changer.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  14. #14
    I'll be back! steelhurt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    136

    NFL Draft player : JK Dobbins RB Ohio State VS

    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post


    Out of the gates you can see Dobbins good vision. As he sees the potential hole and attacks it. His speed is on display. A little later you can see he is more than a inside runner he can kick it outside and quickly. Later you see his toughness as they roll up on his ankle. he comes back in and shows his hand capability. Then shows some tough running inside.. Then you can see his blocking capable. Yet another play shows him running thru tackles for a first down.


    My two and a half cents:


    This is why I like him he shows capable in just about every avenue you can think of. This was no push over he was making look silly either. This was against mighty Clemson on a stage you want your best to shine and shine he did.
    Slash, as you know this is my guy Iíve been pimping for our first pick. I really think we will draft a RB at 46 and if heís there, how do you pass?
    Also, I think thatís why the investment in Derrick Watt who I think will get much more snaps than previous FBs here. I think they may want to rely more on the run game now than in the past with Ben.
    Heís an every down back and with a shift in offensive philosophy to more run oriented eating up clock time and with our defense, I like it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Last edited by steelhurt; 04-05-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Just when you thought I was done! I'll be feasting on the NFL come 2020.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    0
    go with the best RB availablein rnd 2 between Dobiins Swift Moss or trade down a few spots pick up a extra pick preferably a 5th and do something like this
    rnd 2 at the bottom RB Zach Moss Utah
    rnd 3 comp OT Niang TCU
    rnd 4 A WR Collin Johnson texas
    rnd 4 B NT Tofu Utah
    rnd 5 OG Thortorton Oregon
    rnd 6 S/LB hudson Michigan
    rnd 7 BPA aside from QB

  16. #16
    I donít want Dobbins in the second. Iíd take him in the 3rd. That video showed me what a great line Dobbins ran behind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    I don’t want Dobbins in the second. I’d take him in the 3rd. That video showed me what a great line Dobbins ran behind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    The 3rd is like a 4th he will be gone by then trust me...

  18. #18
    I'll be back! steelhurt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    136
    Fordie no way he makes it to the end of the third round.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Just when you thought I was done! I'll be feasting on the NFL come 2020.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  19. #19
    Member SteelerInLebanon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, OH (Near Kings Island)
    Posts
    7,680
    Rep Power
    228
    I don't rate RB as our biggest need but if Dobbins is there I don't think you can pass him up. I would sprint to the phone since they won't be sprinting to a podium this year.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    I don't rate RB as our biggest need but if Dobbins is there I don't think you can pass him up. I would sprint to the phone since they won't be sprinting to a podium this year.
    I will need them to run around their home office at least twice.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •