Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: NFL Draft player : JK Dobbins RB Ohio State VS

  1. #21
    US Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    4,599
    Rep Power
    0
    I'll pass and take a beast o lineman that can open holes for the guys we have.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    I'll pass and take a beast o lineman that can open holes for the guys we have.
    I would not be upset with a O-lineman (preferably a G/C type)

  3. #23
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    14,654
    Rep Power
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I would not be upset with a O-lineman (preferably a G/C type)


    If Josh Jone's and Dobbins were both there at our #2 slot,.............. Who would you take. That's a tough one as Zeiland (sp) said Jone's would probably end up as a guard. Dobbins is a starting talent well worth the pick.........




    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    If Josh Jone's and Dobbins were both there at our #2 slot,.............. Who would you take. That's a tough one as Zeiland (sp) said Jone's would probably end up as a guard. Dobbins is a starting talent well worth the pick.........




    Salute the nation
    to not pick Coolies Houston T/G Josh Jones? talk about a tough decide.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #25
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,086
    Rep Power
    0
    Plus Buckeys love Pittsburgh. They serve us well. So would he.

    Heyward, Shazier, Santonio Holmes...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  6. #26
    Member

    Drink IRON City's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    14,654
    Rep Power
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerInLebanon View Post
    I don't rate RB as our biggest need but if Dobbins is there I don't think you can pass him up. I would sprint to the phone since they won't be sprinting to a podium this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I will need them to run around their home office at least twice.


    MAYBE they could have Rich Eisen sprint to virtual podium.........................and off into the sunset to never return (except for the charitable event to raise money)





    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

  7. #27
    i don't think Dobbins has great vision and for all his physical skills, he doesn't make as many people miss as he should. OSU had a great OL and with Fields at QB that read option freezes that DE on pretty much every play.

    Even looking at that Clemson film, his big plays were plays where there was a big hole and he hits the hole and runs away from people. There were also many runs where there was a crease but not a big hole and he didn't get much.

    He has upside and he would bring the big play potential that Conner and Snell lack so it wouldn't be a horrible pick but i'm not sure he'll be a star. If they go skill player in round 2, i'd rather they take a TE.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    I donít want Dobbins in the second. Iíd take him in the 3rd. That video showed me what a great line Dobbins ran behind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Why? Dude is a stud & will be the steal of the draft

  9. #29
    not having a 1st rounder changes things. i would be shocked if they took a RB in rd 2. I have a feeling us fans think RB is a bigger need than the steelers do. The main reason i see it as a need is because Conner can't stay healthy and i see Snell as just a workhorse. So that's one guy we can't count on and one guy with limited upside. I'd guess most steeler fans see it the same way.

    I think the Steelers like Snell more than most fans and they feel like Conner can stay healthy if Snell can split more of the carries. White has some upside as as a #3 RB with speed.

    I really see TE as the need. RBs are easy to get on the field as rookies so you don;t really need to draft one for the future. You can just draft one and play him immediately. TE takes time to develop. Only a few TEs do anything as a rookie. They can get by at TE this year but if you need a TE in 2021 then you better draft him now because it will take a year to develop.

    My issue is i'm not sure there will be a good TE value in round 2.

  10. #30
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Ontario , Canada
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    not having a 1st rounder changes things. i would be shocked if they took a RB in rd 2. I have a feeling us fans think RB is a bigger need than the steelers do. The main reason i see it as a need is because Conner can't stay healthy and i see Snell as just a workhorse. So that's one guy we can't count on and one guy with limited upside. I'd guess most steeler fans see it the same way.

    I think the Steelers like Snell more than most fans and they feel like Conner can stay healthy if Snell can split more of the carries. White has some upside as as a #3 RB with speed.

    I really see TE as the need. RBs are easy to get on the field as rookies so you don;t really need to draft one for the future. You can just draft one and play him immediately. TE takes time to develop. Only a few TEs do anything as a rookie. They can get by at TE this year but if you need a TE in 2021 then you better draft him now because it will take a year to develop.

    My issue is i'm not sure there will be a good TE value in round 2.
    They sure won't be drafting BPA in the 2nd if they pick a TE in this draft. Look at all the so called TE talent from last year .....most of the top tier drafted did very moderately
    This year's class has no one I would draft in the first two rounds except maybe Kmet

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  11. #31
    US Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    4,599
    Rep Power
    0
    write up on Kerrith Whyte By Lance Zerlein

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kerrit...c-a47313a7d28d

    snippet at bottom:

    Sources Tell Us


    "Singletary gets all the attention, but Whyte is the more explosive of the two and he might end up surprising people." -- Running backs coach for AFC team

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  12. #32
    I watch OSU football. IMHO Dobbins was at the same talent level as Zeke when at school - just my opinion. He'd be a great draft pickup.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  13. #33
    Huge Member

    Superman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Trampa, FL
    Posts
    13,191
    Rep Power
    338
    I see zero percentage as us drafting a TE in the 2nd.

    Ebron - McDonald - Gentry - Rader - RugbyDude ... TE is a luxury pick at this point (on paper). Would any TE come in and do what either Ebron or McDonald cannot? Very doubtful.

    Cushenberry is most likely our pick in the 2nd. Pouncey is aging and we have Wisniewski and DeCastro... no one else unless we kick a T inside.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  14. #34
    I think the line needs addressed first. A good line can make almost any rb decent. A stud Rb can't run behind a crap line. I see no benefit to using a 2nd round pick on an RB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •