Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com

Thread: CJ Lesterís Mock Draft 3.0: A Post Free Agency Look

CJ Lesterís Mock Draft 3.0: A Post Free Agency Look

By CJ Lester SteelerNation.com Although the spreading of the Coronavirus has put a lot of things in the professional sports world on hold, the 2020 NFL Draft is still scheduled to take place April 23rd-April 25th virtually, and the Pittsburgh Steelers*have six picks.*The war room may be a little different this year, but the team […]

More...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

I would just make a few changes
    2 OT stay with Niang potential bookend caliaber LT
    3 go back to WR eithier Claypool, or Mims, Golden from Liberty, Peoples-Jones give this kid a real QB and see the damage he can do very similar to juju size strengh, all of these WR if we go 5 wide with vance or Ebron inside and ju and one of these 3 on the corners can win jump ball situations.
    4 a trade up for a OG Bredeson, Lewis, Lemuix
    6 trade up using the 7th and 6th and take local kid Hudson versatile S/LB that could break tons of plays in our nickel asa rover type near the l.os blitzer and possibly even play in the quarter set

Thank you for the write-up CJ now I will take a peak...

I think what bothers me about picking a T over a G is this. It almost forces you to move Feiler inside to cover for the hole at G. Then you are left with three players and no idea if one is capable of being a game 1 starter.

Do you really want to be T experimenting with Ben coming off injury? As taking a T is preparing for the future good in that aspect, bad for immediate need. Shit that could even potentially push BigBen into retirement.

And this guy is coming off a significant injury how long until he is 100%? Can we afford to wait or do we need competition immediately. I think we know that answer. I would have to know this guy is a full go for training camp...not limited...

The Following User Likes This Post:

i really like AJ Dillon, i think he can be a true (and effective) bellcow RB at the pro level

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    i really like AJ Dillon, i think he can be a true (and effective) bellcow RB at the pro level

Some scouts have mentioned a move to FB, I have to disagree with that projection. He is more of a poor man's James Conner type back. He is not much of a receiving back or a blocker. He won't be making his money cutting outside. He is a more of an effort move the chains- down hill one cut and go/power back type. If I am picking him I am taking him in the 4/5 range. For me I don't love him at the same time I don't hate him. I think his combine threw him some shine. If the Steelers would take him with one of their 4th round selections preferably their second.of the two picks...I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. (Looking at CJ's mock that is exactly where he takes him)
    Last edited by slashsteel; 04-06-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Some scouts have mentioned a move to FB, I have to disagree with that projection. He is more of a poor man's James Conner type back. He is not much of a receiving back or a blocker. He won't be making his money cutting outside. He is a more of an effort move the chains- down hill one cut and go/power back type. If I am picking him I am taking him in the 4/5 range. For me I don't love him at the same time I don't hate him. I think his combine threw him some shine. If the Steelers would take him with one of their 4th round selections preferably their second.of the two picks...I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. (Looking at CJ's mock that is exactly where he takes him)
    Sounds like redrafting Benny Snell to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    Sounds like redrafting Benny Snell to me.
    It is basically he is a little faster than Benny but yeah very good comparison. I want to say I think Benny would be the better power back with a season under his belt.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    It is basically he is a little faster than Benny but yeah very good comparison. I want to say I think Benny would be the better power back with a season under his belt.
    Yeah, I am looking to seeing how he does in year 2.

with everything going on in the world. I completely forgot the draft was in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Yeah, I am looking to seeing how he does in year 2.

with everything going on in the world. I completely forgot the draft was in a few weeks.
    i'm so starved for anything sports right now, this draft is going to be like the superbowl to end all superbowls.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omar10213245 View Post
    i'm so starved for anything sports right now, this draft is going to be like the superbowl to end all superbowls.
    Starved for sports is an under statement.
    Last week the sports stations were covering the "corn hole championship" , European Tram Driver ( streetcar operator stop as close to cardboard cutout people, ram the tram into a large 8 foot ball to try and knock down inflated giant pins ..... basically bowling with a streetcar ) and my favourite manual Robot Fighting ( you build a body out of manequin parts, pots, pans, etc. and hang it from a wooden frame next to your opponents Robot and then competitor takes an 8 foot pole with what looked like dildos on the end and start stabbing and pounding the opposition with the poles.) It looked like a life sized match of Rock Em Sock Robots if you are old enough to remember that game from the 1970s

I kid you not this was being televised in the afternoon on a major sports station